Wilder vs Conor (Gi-jitsu)

Wtf is this thread. Conor would win any grappling match. He could start with Wilder on his back with 2 hooks in and Conor would reverse him and choke him out in less than a minute. I would do that to Wilder. Most of the posters in this thread would.
And no I'm not saying I would beat Wilder in a fight.

Just the thought of Conor being able to do that makes me want to go to Alabama to give Wilder privates in the gi.

Right now of course Conor gets him. But Jesus wilder would be hell to deal with after a few months.

Just the thought of Conor being able to do that makes me want to go to Alabama to give Wilder privates in the gi.

Right now of course Conor gets him. But Jesus wilder would be hell to deal with after a few months.

I don’t see why, because he can hit hard and is explosive? in the gi? He would required years of full time training to be some Even competent..

No gi his physical attributes will help him More, still will require a huge amount of time to get him competent... (Mat time not regular time)

Connor would tap to rnc/neck crank

Attachments

• Eric_20_Butterbean__20Esch_large.jpg
    Eric_20_Butterbean__20Esch_large.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
  • tombradyboxing.jpg
    tombradyboxing.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
My friends dont believe me that Conor would win, so thats why im asking you guys, cuz you know your stuff.

Who do you think would win? Wilder isnt that much bigger: He was 207 vs Fury and Conor is a legit 170+ guy.

Conor is suuper strong and I think he would just outmuscle him.

c614bfce707760fd95c05875b8df37ee.jpg

wilder_workout_0007.0.jpg
You must be retarded. There's no other explanation.

First of all, Conor isn't a "legit 170+ guy". Conor has fought 3 times at WW where you're allowed to weigh in at 171 for non-title fights and came in at 168 twice and 170 once.

Second of all, Wilder didn't weigh in at "207 vs Fury". You literally made that up. He weighed in at 212½ lbs, which is still exceptionally low for him. In his last 10 fights, be was heavier than 220 lbs 7 times.

However, this is when you went full retard:
you sure? Wilder is max. 20 lbs bigger and Fury was much stronger than Wilder ... Fury isnt that strong.
Even if we consider Wilder to be 220 (which is bullshit since he's heavier than that on average), he would still have a 50 lbs advantage on Conor (220 - 170 = 50). Yet you think he's "max. 20 lbs bigger".

Even if we use your fake numbers above, there's still a 37 lbs difference. How the fuck did you manage to come up with the number 20 is beyond me. Did you even go to school?

A brown belt against a guy who doesn't grapple? Let me have a good think about it and get back to you.

First of all, Conor isn't a "legit 170+ guy". Conor has fought 3 times at WW where you're allowed to weigh in at 171 for non-title fights and came in at 168 twice and 170 once.

Second of all, Wilder didn't weigh in at "207 vs Fury". You literally made that up. He weighed in at 212½ lbs, which is still exceptionally low for him. In his last 10 fights, be was heavier than 220 lbs 7 times.

However, this is when you went full retard:

Even if we consider Wilder to be 220 (which is bullshit since he's heavier than that on average), he would still have a 50 lbs advantage on Conor (220 - 170 = 50). Yet you think he's "max. 20 lbs bigger".

Even if we use your fake numbers above, there's still a 37 lbs difference. How the fuck did you manage to come up with the number 20 is beyond me. Did you even go to school?

bro ...

weight in was 212.5 , but Wilder was 207-208 fight night ... he cant keep weight on haha.

Wilder never seems to lose his power and speed through 12 rounds ... lets say it translates well ... could he give you problems in gi or no-gi?

Could a guy like Wilder benefit more from no-gi?

Last edited:
I don’t see why, because he can hit hard and is explosive? in the gi? He would required years of full time training to be some Even competent..

No gi his physical attributes will help him More, still will require a huge amount of time to get him competent... (Mat time not regular time)
He would become hell to roll with because although he would suck and still be easy to tap, he would be strong and athletic so his spazzy moves would make his stray elbows that much more annoying.
Worst kind of person to roll with. Really athletic newbs. Hell, as in, not fun.

However, this is when you went full retard...

Alright well first off I agree with a lot of what you are saying, first guy I'm responding to. Yes Conor weighed ~170 lbs but he's not a Welterweight, he's not cutting virtually / literally any weight to make 170. He's walking around at 170 (not THAT lean either), he's really more of a gigantic featherweight or a normal lightweight.

Wilder on the other hand from the research I did (on top of prior knowledge) weighs ~210-230 pounds, but has admittedly struggled to keep on weight or add weight. He was light against Fury and Ortiz recently, but let's just ballpark it and say 215-220 walking around.

Yes either way that's 45-50 lbs, and we can say 40-50 lbs if we go 210-220 for Wilder. A difference here is also that Wilder has bulked up to 230-ish where as McGregor cannot or does not (for whatever reason) bulk up past 168-174 max. So yes we are talking a 40-50 lb gap.

To respond to OP guy:

1. No-Gi is obviously more advantageous for Wilder or any less skilled/experienced opponent in BJJ. Having a Gi just gives a mechanism to lock someone down, hold them down, inhibit movement, and adds more technique to the mix. No-Gi definitely allows athleticism, power, strength to shine more in general.

2. I question if McGregor is a legit "brown belt" in BJJ, but whatever belts don't matter all that much and he's obviously at least a "purple" + a good athlete and has a ton of experience. Regardless...on to the next point.

3. Haven't we already answered this question over 20 years ago? UFC 1 and early UFCs, the Gracies from Rickson to Royce, etc. We've already see it. Someone trained who's good is going to beat a bigger, stronger, more athletic opponent who is untrained 99 to 100/100 times, and since this is grappling only its 100/100 virtually.

4. But Wilder IS an elite world class athlete. So I do agree with someone else's point that he could get REALLY good within a short time, like give him a year of intense 6-7 days a week, multiple session training in grappling/BJJ and he might destroy McGregor that quickly, I believe he probably would. Conor is a "brown belt" but how good is he really? I'm sure he's good, but he's not Gordon Ryan / Cyborg / Gary Tonon / whoever top level.

5. Expanding on Conor, again I don't know for sure about his brown belt or how good is actually is...but I do know that MMA guys and girls get belts gifted to them based on MMA wins and fights, not just how good they are at grappling. For example, I question how Amanda Nunes is a black belt in BJJ when she couldn't (or didn't) pass a wide open half guard for 15-20+ mins against Carmouche, or advance position, or sub her, and almost getting sub'd by a retard level grappler for that supposed level of competition.

He would become hell to roll with because although he would suck and still be easy to tap, he would be strong and athletic so his spazzy moves would make his stray elbows that much more annoying.
Worst kind of person to roll with. Really athletic newbs. Hell, as in, not fun.

In deed, i used to deal a lot with new spazzy rugby players, you just have to know specially if you are a small dude such as my self (74 kilos) it may be a rough roll and you have to watch yourself not to get hurt

Another question for the ages.

Would Tom Brady be able to beat Butterbean in a sumo match?

Personally I think Butterbean's extensive experience will outweight Tom Brady's overall athleticism and fight IQ.
You are most likely correct in your assumption sir.

Being tall, explosive and willing to get tired and go on is hard to deal for a lot of hobbyists one you get half decent skills.

Unfortunately the idiotic Conor trolls are are entering every forum to discuss him now that he’s won a fight after 3 years. Hopefully it doesn’t reach the level it did in the boxing forum during the Mayweather “fight”

Being tall, explosive and willing to get tired and go on is hard to deal for a lot of hobbyists one you get half decent skills.
Halfway decent takes longer than a couple of months. Even for an elite athlete. Wilder after a year or two depending on how's his athleticism transfers, could be a monster. But a few months? No way. BJJ isn't that simple. A few months and he will still be putting himself into submissions. I've tapped NCAA All Americans with only a few months of experience, let alone a boxer.

I suppose it's how you define hobbyist. The average hobbyist black/brown belt spent years "living it" before it just became a hobby.

Halfway decent takes longer than a couple of months. Even for an elite athlete. Wilder after a year or two depending on how's his athleticism transfers, could be a monster. But a few months? No way. BJJ isn't that simple. A few months and he will still be putting himself into submissions. I've tapped NCAA All Americans with only a few months of experience, let alone a boxer.

I suppose it's how you define hobbyist. The average hobbyist black/brown belt spent years "living it" before it just became a hobby.

i would consider my self a hobbiest, since I don’t compete anymore, but my room is full of young lions purpled browns and some blacks, I assure you, ain’t no place to hang around if you are just looking to get some exercise. I assume that’s the case with most gyms...

Back