Wilder vs aj who has the edge

AJ will get slept by the right hand Wilder's been itching to make use of again for years now.
Absent that or if that somehow fails, AJ wins the decision.

Joshua was able to outbox smaller opponents because of his size. He's completely open to straight rights. Every single WIlder fight depends on whether or not he cabn land. Can Wilder land on Joshua? The answer is absolute yes.

Whoever lands big first is likely to win that match-up. The general opinion seems to be that Wilder would come out on top but that's assuming he's able to get AJ out of there early. AJ's the technician of the two, is much sharper, and he has power in both hands. If Wilder can't stop him before AJ starts to unload he's in deep shit. Both are defensively flawed and have big power. That's the perfect recipe for an early KO.

Paradoxically this fight right now makes more sense for both of them than it ever has before, regardless of who wins.
It's not the same story that it would have been 3-4 years ago, which was undefeated vs. undefeated. Now its about redemption.

Paradoxically this fight right now makes more sense for both of them than it ever has before, regardless of who wins.
It's not the same story that it would have been 3-4 years ago, which was undefeated vs. undefeated. Now its about redemption.

We also no longer have to pretend it's between the "2 best HWs" now that they've both been undressed flaws and all with the truth of their abilities and legacies bare for all, as we've seen Usyk embark on his HW quest and Fury not in a major layoff depressive state anymore.

How do you see this match up if they fight in 2023
Whoever lands big first is likely to win that match-up. The general opinion seems to be that Wilder would come out on top but that's assuming he's able to get AJ out of there early. AJ's the technician of the two, is much sharper, and he has power in both hands. If Wilder can't stop him before AJ starts to unload he's in deep shit. Both are defensively flawed and have big power. That's the perfect recipe for an early KO.

its crazy how the narrative changed from wilder not knowing how to box and fought zero completion meaning he would lose to aj now people saying he would ko Aj

its crazy how the narrative changed from wilder not knowing how to box and fought zero completion meaning he would lose to aj now people saying he would ko Aj
Wilder could always KO AJ. He can KO anyone if he lands, and as it comes to Joshua it's only a question of when he lands, not so much if.

I have liked Wilder in this fight for sometime
The only time I fancied AJ was early on when he beat Wlad and showed bottle

Wilder is technically limited, but he is very powerful, he is athletic and he has a lot of bottle. He has shown he is tough and can recover from being hurt. Unlike AJ he is not afraid and handles adversity. He is also a little taller and longer which would help him

I think sooner or later Wilder puts his lights out, probably has to crawl of the canvas to do it. But make no mistake, that right hand would decapitate AJ

Wilder sleeps him. Joshua is just too stiff and rigid to not get bombed on eventually. And he isn't getting up like Fury did.

all that said. If we take how Joshua took losing to Usyk, getting KO'd by Wilder would be psychologically devastating for him.

Wilder has taken to mid rounds to land that big right on fairly shit opponents in the past. He can’t box, and Joshua can. He’s gonna have to set up the right to land it. I think Joshua lands his big shots first. If wilder can’t handle furys power then he’s not gonna handle Joshua’s

whoever lands big first. My money would be on Joshua. But let’s be honest, this fight is never gonna happen

I would still be amped for this fight, but what a missed opportunity. AJ vs Wilder with the winner fighting Fury several years ago would have been huge. There would have finally been a unified champ.

Wilder.

Imagine the post fight melt-down for whoever loses though.
Wilder's shenanigans made the trilogy huge, made me wonder about AJs actions.
Most everyone picking Wilder? Such a turnaround from a couple years ago. Wilder isnt going to make AJ second guess his every move, isnt going to tire him out mentally, heart and a big right hand shouldnt be enough to beat AJ.

Its more or less a coin flip imo. Wilder has the biggest one shot KO punch with that right hand and is a bit rangier and quicker, while AJ has a bit more to his game. Neither have great chins or gas tanks, both are likely the hardest hitter the other would have faced.

I think theres an added element now that wasnt present in 2017/18 (y'know...when the fight should have been made) ie both guys have totally lost their aura and are potentially mentally and physically on the downslide. Wilder has taken some life shortening beatings and seemingly lost his mind while AJ has turned from a muscle bound puncher into a (relatively) lean and cautious boxer, and also seems to be losing his mind.

Wilder's shenanigans made the trilogy huge, made me wonder about AJs actions.
Most everyone picking Wilder? Such a turnaround from a couple years ago. Wilder isnt going to make AJ second guess his every move, isnt going to tire him out mentally, heart and a big right hand shouldnt be enough to beat AJ.

They both have taken steps backwards, i don't think A.J is a good enough technician to avoid Wilder's power.

Wilder has been finished in his last two fights, but he's fighting the best heavyweight in the sport. If the punch(s) in the first Fury fight that drops him connects on Joshua he's not getting up IMO.

I'd have it 60/40 Wilder. Anything could happen though, and i understand where you're coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back