Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000 Domestically

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-ortiz-rematch-ppv-buys-land-just-north-275000--144831

Multiple industry sources have informed BoxingScene.com that the Nov. 23 Fox Sports four-fight Pay-Per-View telecast—topped by Wilder’s repeat knockout win over Luis Ortiz—from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas will land just north of 275,000 units sold in domestic sales. The most generous estimates have the event falling shy of 300,000, although performing considerably better than previous and largely unconfirmed rumors regarding the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC)-branded event.

The figure places PPV revenue at roughly $21 million in addition to what was produced at the live gate—with those figures expected to be released in the coming days—along with international PPV sales.

Sounds about right for that fight.

Better than the shit people were making up lol 100k and whatnot

70k is the highest rumor I have heard. Someone said Rick Glaser started the 2500 rumor but said the next day it was more closer to 70K but no one is claiming to have a source to real numbers. Hopkins did 80k when he was on HBO
I can see fewer than 100k. It wasn’t exactly a fight anyone was clamouring for.
Venue wasn't sold out, there wasn't much hype for the fight and the PPV cost was absurd
I can see 70k being the lowest estimate topping at no more than 125k
When they dont releae early estimates it means they did less than expected. When spence fought on ppv they released numbers fast, same with pacquiao.

The fight probably did 100k buys or something around what terence crawford does on ppv, 75 to 100k ppv buys
Lol.

How does wilder make near $20 million from that? That’s what he was projected to make, looks like this’ll fall short?
3 million purse. 20 million+ in PPV, whatever for live gate if anything?

Seems about right.

275 isnt bad

Wasn't really a big fight....probably not even ppv level if we're being honest

Seems about right.
Cable companies take 45% of that ppv revenue. Purse comes from that ppv number as well, plus Fox will take at least 10% off the top

Gate was slightly above $4 million

That's pretty good

Deontay Wilder is a drawl, B

Ppv is dead. Everyone streams them.

But i knew this would be the response from everyone who predicted bullshit.
I agree that PPV is dead but if they want to be idiots and keep up with these $75 PPVs they can keep having these shitty numbers.

Seems about right.
PPV generated $21 Million, live gate was a little over $4 Million

Out of $25 Million, 20 is going to Wilder?
I don't see it

Cable companies take 45% of that ppv revenue. Purse comes from that ppv number as well, plus Fox will take at least 10% off the top

Gate was slightly above $4 million
PPV generated $21 Million, live gate was a little over $4 Million

Out of $25 Million, 20 is going to Wilder?
I don't see it
source.gif

Maybe with whatever sponsor deals and shit or maybe they lost some money on it. Who knows.

Hell call it 10 million and its pretty great for a short night and a fight not many people wanted to watch lol.

source.gif

Maybe with whatever sponsor deals and shit or maybe they lost some money on it. Who knows.

Hell call it 10 million and its pretty great for a short night and a fight not many people wanted to watch lol.
I wanted to watch it, just not over the other options available

I wanted to watch it, just not over the other options available
Havent bought a ppv in ages and dont intend to. Ppv can eat shit. Cards suck for the most part except for the main event.

Havent missed a big fight yet tho.

people need to face the reality that Fox has decided to go all-in with PBC [Wilder and Spence].

Fox replaced UFC w/ PBC.

Back