Wilder on the heavy bag

Just goes to show how bad the HW division is that this guy is a champion. And LOL at that 'music'. How can anyone listen to that and think 'wow this is good!'?

Dont worry he's only had 30 amateur fights lel

Did you watch the video?
I did. Looked like he was concentrating on stiffening up that left hand to me, which he said was what they've been working on while his right recovered.

You can say what you want about Wilder but he is fighting and winning at a pretty high level and showing improvement everytime out IMO.

I'm not prepared to say he's the next great but I think what he's accomplished is impressive and has shown a desire to improve and challenge himself.

You can say what you want about Wilder but he is fighting and winning at a pretty high level

and has shown a desire to challenge himself.

lol... are you known as a Wilder nuthugger because what you typed is just ridiculous...

lol... are you known as a Wilder nuthugger because what you typed is just ridiculous...
Explain. I think all of his last 5 opponents are respectable opposition ,considering he fought Arreola as a stay busy because Povetkin got caught cheating.

I mean, who are we comparing him to? Joshua, who just fought a worse version of a guy Wilder already beat? Andy Ruiz or Joseph Parker?

The HW division is not all that deep, I agree with you on that much but I think the guys up and coming, like Joshua and Wilder are the real deal. These guys are talented fighters.

That level of skill wouldn't get you into the top 100 of any division below middleweight

There's a real point of diminishing returns in terms of skill and size. It's why everyone gets so excited when somebody good or decent comes around in the heavyweight decision.

What it seems to me is there isn't even many intelligent heavyweight boxers. Watching heavyweights is often like the movie Real Steel where two big machines just bang off each other until one explodes.

Seano's trolling aside, I for one cannot believe that Wilder picked up all that skill after only nine years as a professional. What a natural talent!

I am also very excited that in his next fight he'll be taking on the monster challenge of Andrzej Golota.

Who else dared to fight a proven warrior of Golota's calibre, after only 37 pro fights & four defences of a heavyweight strap?

EDIT: I'm ever so sorry, I've just checked, Andrzej Golota retired in 2013. Well, I am certain that Przemyslaw Saleta will give Wilder the stiff challenge that we've come to expect from the murderer's row of stone-cold killers current heavy champs are facing these days.

Seano's trolling aside, I for one cannot believe that Wilder picked up all that skill after only nine years as a professional. What a natural talent!

I am also very excited that in his next fight he'll be taking on the monster challenge of Andrzej Golota.

Who else dared to fight a proven warrior of Golota's calibre, after only 37 pro fights & four defences of a heavyweight strap?

EDIT: I'm ever so sorry, I've just checked, Andrzej Golota retired in 2013. Well, I am certain that Przemyslaw Saleta will give Wilder the stiff challenge that we've come to expect from the murderer's row of stone-cold killers current heavy champs are facing these days.
He signed to fight povetkin who took something he shouldn't and all the top fighters have fights signed. Who should he fight, Roy jones?

He signed to fight povetkin who took something he shouldn't and all the top fighters have fights signed. Who should he fight, Roy jones?

Sigh. Look, the heavies are shite. They're mostly always shite & mostly always have been. & I get that you need to feel wanted, but I'll take the piss out of them as I please, thank you very much.

PS: Just to be clear (before anyone inserts the chisel of contention into any available crack, like), I absolutely do not blame Wilder for Povetkin basically turning himself into Roidzilla, at all, & was well chuffed to see him decide to go over to Russia. But this a fucking laughable fight. As was the one with Arreola (& before you start, dearie, the shills were cheerleading that from the moment Deontay won his title. Only Cristobal's legs falling off would've prevented him getting that shot eventually, the timing was just nice). & the one versus Molina. & the one versus whatsisface, the bald Polish dude who got KO'd by Jennings.

I did. Looked like he was concentrating on stiffening up that left hand to me, which he said was what they've been working on while his right recovered.

You can say what you want about Wilder but he is fighting and winning at a pretty high level and showing improvement everytime out IMO.

I'm not prepared to say he's the next great but I think what he's accomplished is impressive and has shown a desire to improve and challenge himself.

The thing is, if he is trying to stiffen up his left - which I'd be inclined to believe - he shouldn't by keeping his elbow low on his left hooks and getting so heavy on his front leg when throwing his straight punches. His technique is just lacking.

The thing is, if he is trying to stiffen up his left - which I'd be inclined to believe - he shouldn't by keeping his elbow low on his left hooks and getting so heavy on his front leg when throwing his straight punches. His technique is just lacking.
Yeah yeah, and Carl Froch was trash because he kept his hands low.

This seems like nit picking to me. He's winning and has shown big gains in his boxing ability IMO. Lots of fighters have been great without having textbook perfect technique. Wilder hurts people when he touches them. He's doing something right.

His left hand looks improved. He did work on his left exclusively while his right arm was injured. if his right arm is at least 99% it may have been a blessing in disguise (the injury).
But I assume he will be a bit more hesiatant to let his right hand go in future fights since he injures it seemingly every fight and this time it was pretty serious

He's doing something right.

Like ducking good opposition. He always talks how he's going to fight Klitschko, Joshua, Fury, but he never does it.

this was the most heated confrontation he had so far:

Yeah yeah, and Carl Froch was trash because he kept his hands low.

This seems like nit picking to me. He's winning and has shown big gains in his boxing ability IMO. Lots of fighters have been great without having textbook perfect technique. Wilder hurts people when he touches them. He's doing something right.

Yeah, having terrific natural talent!

I can't figure out how he can punch so hard while having his right foot staying in the bucket like that.

Like ducking good opposition. He always talks how he's going to fight Klitschko, Joshua, Fury, but he never does it.
]
Bullshit. You mention Joshua, who has he fought that's so much better than who Wilder has fought?

Povetkin is a better opponent than anyone Joshua has fought. Its not Wilder's fault that fight didn't happen.

As far as I know, a Wilder/Wlad fight has never been negotiated either and Wilder is on track to fight the winner of those two.

You guys clearly have a preference for a certain fighter and that's fine, we all do, but that doesn't mean you can pretend everyone else is shit when there's no evidence of anything like that.

Back