Wilder Knocks Kenny Bayless

Rate Bayless

• Total voters
Overall I thought the ref, for the most part, did his job.

If there was to be any complaint about the officiating, it should be in regards to him giving Wilder extra recovery time, and being inconsistent with his handling of the clinch. Wilder complaining is a bad look (which goes with his other stupid excuses) when the ref seemed, if anything, to be trying to give him time to recover.

There were two situations when Wilder was dazed where he got extra time. The slip late in round 3 which gave Wilder 12-14 seconds to recover when he was clearly still on very wobbly legs and the point deduction.

Bayless, on numerous occasions, very clearly said “fight your way out” “work your way out!”

Then on some occasions he would call “no punches, break” almost instantly and other times he let them work. ....Which is it?

Before he took the point (late in round 5 I think) , he had taken a long look at both fighters. Then right when they were about to restart the action, he stops it to take the point, giving Deontay about a 25 second break at a time when he was looking exhausted, mouth open, getting bullied and not throwing much in return.

If it was nothing more than a straightforward call of a foul, why didn’t he call to take the point immediately? It seemed to me like he wasn’t going to take a point, then looked at the fighters, then decided to take the point.
Also- Wilder threw an equally late shot at the end of the round, which was a more powerful shot (which either grazed or missed) and Bayless ignored it. (Which is fine, for the most part he was letting it go, but the reactions to the two situations seemed to be based more on the condition of the fighters than the actions.)

Overall not terrible reffing, we have seen much much worse. Personally I prefer the ref to be involved as little as possible unless it is absolutely needed or there are clear fouls or clear attempts to take a cheap advantage.

* Tyson’s shorts were up ridiculously high and Bayless noted it and said punches on the top of the belt would be ok. I thought that was handled correctly.

I thought Bayless did a good job but I fully expect the Fury fans who had issue with Bayless before to make him a saint now.

Kenny stopped the action at one point to give you a rest, and took a point away from Tyson..

Did Kenny bet on Wilder?

Come on. Bayless didn't favor Wilder at all. I don't get making excuses for the guy that won.

Well Wilder is blaming the ref.. The ref took a point away from Tyson when Wilder was about to get KO'd.. So Wilder needs to be quiet..

I remember saying 2x durring the fight that the action shouldn't of been stopped. But I honestly got so mad at the result I forgot the exact scenarios. But the stops in action seemed super bogus.
I dont want to rewatch it either because it was a sad beatdown

For hitting on the break. Are we going to argue about if thats legal now?

There were not any punches to the back of the head. That's a false narrative setup by you and every other salty loser who cannot stomach the fact that Bumsquad was made to look like a complete joke.

Overall I thought the ref, for the most part, did his job.

If there was to be any complaint about the officiating, it should be in regards to him giving Wilder extra recovery time, and being inconsistent with his handling of the clinch. Wilder complaining is a bad look (which goes with his other stupid excuses) when the ref seemed, if anything, to be trying to give him time to recover.

There were two situations when Wilder was dazed where he got extra time. The slip late in round 3 which gave Wilder 12-14 seconds to recover when he was clearly still on very wobbly legs and the point deduction.

Bayless, on numerous occasions, very clearly said “fight your way out” “work your way out!”

Then on some occasions he would call “no punches, break” almost instantly and other times he let them work. ....Which is it?

Before he took the point (late in round 5 I think) , he had taken a long look at both fighters. Then right when they were about to restart the action, he stops it to take the point, giving Deontay about a 25 second break at a time when he was looking exhausted, mouth open, getting bullied and not throwing much in return.

If it was nothing more than a straightforward call of a foul, why didn’t he call to take the point immediately? It seemed to me like he wasn’t going to take a point, then looked at the fighters, then decided to take the point.
Also- Wilder threw an equally late shot at the end of the round, which was a more powerful shot (which either grazed or missed) and Bayless ignored it. (Which is fine, for the most part he was letting it go, but the reactions to the two situations seemed to be based more on the condition of the fighters than the actions.)

Overall not terrible reffing, we have seen much much worse. Personally I prefer the ref to be involved as little as possible unless it is absolutely needed or there are clear fouls or clear attempts to take a cheap advantage.

* Tyson’s shorts were up ridiculously high and Bayless noted it and said punches on the top of the belt would be ok. I thought that was handled correctly.
In regards to the breaks- If the 2 fighters are tied up and there are no legal blows available , the ref is going to break the action. A ref ( a good ref anyway) only allows them to fight in the clinch if arms are free and no one is throwing dirty shots. Both guys were rabbit punching a bit in the clinches.
Floyd MAyweather was a master of playing that. Like against Hatton, everytime Hatton got inside, Floyd would clinch and position himself so the only targets were the back of the head or the back itself.
Like this-
_44289100_clinch_getty.jpg

There's no legal punch there. Ref has no choice but to break it before someone fouls. That pic is an extreme example but basically once the 2 fighters are positioned so someone is going to get hit behind the head or to the kidneys, it has to be broken.

Thats why a lot of people thought Floyd got special treatment but really, he just implemented the rules as part of his strategy.

I thought Bayless was favoring Wilder the entire match.

And Wilder has been punching guys I never heard of before in the back of the head his entire career. Don't cry about it now.

Didn't Wilder just receive peace award or something from the pope?

SOBBBB SQUADDDDDDD

Lol, what a pathetic personality he has. How about this? How about dont dress up like a peacock sissy boy and dress like a man?

Well that’s good news then, he claims not to be hurt and Fury isn’t hurt either, that means this summer we can probably see them fight again, another big fight and pay day everyone wants to see. Win,win. Stop crying.

Wilder Knocks Corner, Uniform, Kenny Bayless

PRI_141245773.jpg

“I’ve told them many times that if anyone throws the towel in on me, there will be consequences,” Wilder told The Athletic. “If I say I’m going in there to try to kill a man, I accept that in return.”

As far as the fight itself, it became one-sided after Fury scored a third-round knockdown that left Wilder bleeding from his ear and with a shaky equilibrium. Wilder said his legs were already compromised by the elaborate 40-pound costume he wore to honor Black History month during his walk to the ring. According to Yahoo Sports, Wilder’s jaw was not broken and the blood from his ear was from a cut that needed to be closed with stitches and not an issue with his eardrum.

“He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is … that my uniform was way too heavy for me,” Wilder told Yahoo Sports. “I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through.”

1208089608.jpg.0.jpg

Wilder also took aim at referee Kenny Bayless for him not confronting Fury, who also licked blood off The Bronze Bomber’s neck during the fight, over numerous punches to the back of the head. The punches were something Wilder claimed Bayless told him during the pre-fight rules explanation would get him disqualified.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/24/deontay-wilder-wants-tyson-fury-trilogy-vows-towel-throw-consequences/

i see,”no excuses”
BUT
“excuses,excuses,excuses”

Come on. Bayless didn't favor Wilder at all. I don't get making excuses for the guy that won.
I wouldn't say he did wilder a favour but he was pretty quick to get them to break, which seems a trend with HW these days, and I felt he gave wilder a fair chance to keep going. TBH before the towel came I was thinking ref should stop this as he really wasn't defending himself.

lol he’s such a salty little bitch. Blaming everyone other than the one person responsible for his loss. Surely the towel made no difference, the ref was about to stop it

Well that’s good news then, he claims not to be hurt and Fury isn’t hurt either, that means this summer we can probably see them fight again, another big fight and pay day everyone wants to see. Win,win. Stop crying.
No-one wants to see a third fight now both should move on for a couple of fights and if they both keep winning have a third then.

I don't know what's worse, making up a bullshit excuse about an entrance suit fucking him up or if did actually happen, how amateur a fighter and his people are to let something that stupid happen in a multi million dollar fight.

First of all theres no way that suit weighs 40 pounds. Unless its made of lead or iron, wich i doubt.

"All the batteries" , i mean he had some LED lights wich require very little power and a single cell phone battery could power them for hours. Worst case scenario and a complete overkill on power would be a laptop battery, and If his excuse is that he got tired carrying a laptop battery for 30 yards im sorry but i have to laugh.

And finally, even if by some miracle that suit did weigh 40 pounds with "all the batteries to power couple of LED lights in eyes and shoulder pads", i still dont think a 30 yard walk with 40 pounds would have a significant effect on a physical specimen pro athlete thats prepared for a fight for his life. I mean, i work out with kettlebells heavier than that regulary, for hours, and im an average joe graphics designer that sits in a chair 8 hours a day.

So after all that said, this has to be the dumbest excuse ive ever heard any athlete say, on all levels.

No, for favouritism, see Cortez in the Mayweather/Hatton fight. That's the benchmark.

Back