Wilder fights Ortiz again this weekend. Who in the UFC could stand with this terrifying man?

Nah I'm just curious whose skillset in UFC would give Deontay most problems in a fight using all weapons, 90% would just take him down but that's not itneresting.
There's also a good chance someone gets knocked out trying to take him down though

Why even talk about boxing matches in an mma forum?

You only use 25% of your weapons in the sport of boxing.
U clearly use more than 25%. The main difference is you have alot more hand protection with boxing gloves

He's a windmill who relies entirely on the straight right or right hook. Wish Lennox Lewis was in his prime right now, he would've wiped out Wilder, Joshua and Fury
But could he take on The Mexican Tank?

Taking TDs out of the equation? Fun question.

Could Francis stand and trade bombs? (although it is probably first to land big wins).

Is it Jon Jones? He could play the range game and avoid overhands whilst kicking the shit out of him? Wilder isn't known for his incredible technique on the feet.

Maybe a curveball like Blagoy Ivanov with his Terminator skull?

Or perhaps Rumble Johnson?

Or absolutely no one?
He got KO'd by a fat can, so I'd imah=gine any of the top ten at HW would have a chance. Top 5 at least

Wilder is a LHW in MMA and not a HW.
If you remove TDs he just gets leg kicked by any LHW until he quits.
Watch Nobuhiko Takada vs Trevor Berbick, it'd be exactly the same as that.

If any MMA fighter was stupid enough to stand and just trade punches they get KTFO by Wilder.

MaKXmlp.jpg
God damn that's a sexy man

Fury won that fight tho judges score it a draw.

He's a windmill who relies entirely on the straight right or right hook. Wish Lennox Lewis was in his prime right now, he would've wiped out Wilder, Joshua and Fury

But it works for him. Wilder might only have a right hand, but he knows how to land it. As limited as he is, it actually makes it that much more impressive that he's done what he's done.

Fury is one of the best technical boxers at heavyweight maybe ever. He's also tough and has heart. I agree about Lewis against Joshua, but Wilder has legit lights out power and Fury is very skilled. Wilder would've probably turned Lewis' light out or gotten schooled. Fury might've actually beat Lewis outright.

I appreciate how good Lewis was, but Wilder and Fury have both shown what they're made of. We also saw Lewis fight a guy bigger than himself once, and Klitschko was winning that fight until his paper skin cost him the fight.

in terms of the current ufc roster, the fighter with the best chance of beating deontay wilder in a boxing match would be overeem.

Not with that chin. Wilder is pretty wild and Ngannou could catch him and will knock-out anyone if he does.

i dunno, lewis was pretty obviously losing to klitschko... and klitschkos brother wlad lost to fury... tho it was late in his career... and the brothers fight similarly to each other... and wilder got gifted several rounds against fury... and epstein didnt kill himself....

i duno, mightve been closer than you think

Wilder is a scary mofo, scarier than tyson imo. Tyson was always calculated but ferocious wilder legit looks like hes trying to put them in a coma
not even close, Tyson was scarier, a better puncher, and simply a much better fighter.

But it works for him. Wilder might only have a right hand, but he knows how to land it. As limited as he is, it actually makes it that much more impressive that he's done what he's done.

Fury is one of the best technical boxers at heavyweight maybe ever. He's also tough and has heart. I agree about Lewis against Joshua, but Wilder has legit lights out power and Fury is very skilled. Wilder would've probably turned Lewis' light out or gotten schooled. Fury might've actually beat Lewis outright.

I appreciate how good Lewis was, but Wilder and Fury have both shown what they're made of. We also saw Lewis fight a guy bigger than himself once, and Klitschko was winning that fight until his paper skin cost him the fight.
bah humbug, i blame those jamaican locks scratching that cut on his eye. no joke coulda ended in a NC imo. maybe a stretch, but it was blatant. ppl need to rewatch that one.

not even close, Tyson was scarier, a better puncher, and simply a much better fighter.
I'm not talking about as a fighter I'm talking about just in general. Tyson never lost his cool when he was winning it wasnt until his downfall. Wilder goes in fucking blood lust mode

Wilder is a scary mofo, scarier than tyson imo. Tyson was always calculated but ferocious wilder legit looks like hes trying to put them in a coma
No no just no. Wilder swings wildly (no pun intended) with little technique. Tyson had great technique and headmovement. Come on dude. Wilder has the fake tough guy face and all. Tyson is a straight up killer.

bah humbug, i blame those jamaican locks scratching that cut on his eye. no joke coulda ended in a NC imo. maybe a stretch, but it was blatant. ppl need to rewatch that one.

I'm not gonna disagree with you, but punches opened the cuts in the first place. Was he trying to make them worse with his head? Yes. It looked that way to me too. It's on Klitschko to keep his distance and not let him do that. That's just tough shit for Vitali, imo.

Lewis retiring speaks volumes about how he liked his chances in a rematch.

U clearly use more than 25%. The main difference is you have alot more hand protection with boxing gloves
Clearly, 25% was generous. You can’t grab, hold, kick, knee, elbow, wrestle, clinch, submit etc...

Boxing is not fighting. It’s checkers compared to 3D chess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back