Wife thread... Need opinion

Imo part of of the issue is modern society has convinced women a guy raising some other dudes kids is no big deal. Well it is. If you look at a relationship in terms of what both parties bring to it, bringing multiple kids some other dude has to provide for is a serious drawback.

You're really helping them out by taking on that burden, and they should respond with an appropriate amount of gratitude.

I have a good friend that's doing the same thing right now. Every time it comes up in conversation I tell him you could be dating a more attractive girl with a better personality AND no kids. Where is the benefit to you? AND she takes it for granted that you're raising someone else's kid?

Yeah fuck that, fuck all of that.

As much as you are a bit of a rager as far as women are concerned, I agree with you here. Whether the world sees it or not, TS took on a big burden coupling with a women who had kids. She should be far more grateful than it sounds like she is.

Doesn't sound like too bad of a problem to have relative to things of a more serious nature any home with kids in it is going to be hard to keep clean. Raising other peoples kids is tough though I personally couldn't do it.

I'm sure it is less about the mess and more about the lack of respect. TS busts his ass way harder to provide for a woman and two kids that aren't his than he would if he only had himself to support. He makes a sacrifice, probably because it makes her happy. But, based on results, she refuses to do something that the TS has told her repeatedly would make him happy. Clearly, she doesn't care or not nearly to the extent she should. That's fucked up and I'd be pissed too.

TS I hate to say this but the only reasonable thing to do would be murder your wife. Do you have any black neighbors? If so be sure to plant incriminating evidence on their property.

No way. I have worked Nd taken care of young kids. I also like to have a clean place and could keep the place immaculate watching kids.

Ts, i hear ya, hire a cleaning lady and let some other things suffer, like going out and shit, or lessons for whatever the kids do. If the wife is truly a lazy ass, she will let the kids suffer. And then you should leave.
Idk man, I've taken care of kids too and some were easy to manage. They'd wander off and play and you could get stuff done then. Other children though . . . Just had to constantly keep your on eye on them, they'd constantly try to start trouble, etc. Admittedly they were problem children (acted up very badly bc their parents were shitty as fuck), but still, I don't know anything about opie's kids. How old they are, how they behave, or even how well his wife manages them. Everybody is different.

Not to be rude but, you married a woman with kids.

Idk man, I've taken care of kids too and some were easy to manage. They'd wander off and play and you could get stuff done then. Other children though . . . Just had to constantly keep your on eye on them, they'd constantly try to start trouble, etc. Admittedly they were problem children (acted up very badly bc their parents were shitty as fuck), but still, I don't know anything about opie's kids. How old they are, how they behave, or even how well his wife manages them. Everybody is different.
True. Im just thinking if they are your kids, you should be able to structure shit better so you can get shit done. I guess it worked for my kids, so i was able to get stuff done. But who am i to give advice, i just clean up and bitch about it. Haha.

Why did you marry a woman with 2 kids?

How was she supporting herself and the kids before she met you?

Why isn't she getting child support from the biological father?

Does she know who the fathers are?

Have you adopted the kids or is she trying to get you to adopt them?

You remind me of a friend who met a woman who had 3 kids, the oldest was 7 and the youngest was 6 months. One was from her first marriage and the other 2 were from other affairs. The woman's brother told him she was a whore and warned him to stay away. Instead, he marries her. She was living in low income housing and he had a house but it wasn't good enough for her. He bought a bigger house but that wasn't good enough either so he had a house built. She talked him into adopting the youngest 2 children. They had all of the paperwork ready but she didn't know who the father of the middle child was and the biological father has to sign off on the adoption. The youngest child's grandparents talked the biological father out of signing off so he couldn't adopt either child. While he was out of town for work for a day, the 7 year old called him saying his mother went out and hadn't come home. He didn't know if he should go to school or stay home with the other 2 kids.

They ended up divorced and he would have been paying child support if the adoption had gone through.

I also work to support the house and my wife doesnt, well she does little works here and there but shes mostly at home, she cooks and cleans the house 6 days a week and we eat outside Saturdays, but we dont have kids, shes not a clean freak but to me the house looks clean. I like living this way but I imagine if we have kids I will have to help more in the house, also shes been wanting to get a job lately so I dont know how is that going to work.

How old are the kids?

My sister has a 3 year old and a 5 year old. Her house is always a disaster. At first I thought she was just lazy. But then my wife and I watched then for a weekend.

My wife is a neat freak. I like stuff reasonably clean. But our place was a fucking disaster!! We tried to clean up, but damn that age is a Texas tornado. It's impossible to keep it clean without stealing play from their souls.

Tell the kids your going to get cigarettes and never come back . Problem solved

True. Im just thinking if they are your kids, you should be able to structure shit better so you can get shit done. I guess it worked for my kids, so i was able to get stuff done. But who am i to give advice, i just clean up and bitch about it. Haha.
Unfortunately a lot of people just let their kids run rampant or don't know how to properly deal with them. Or don't have enough interest in them to raise them right /:

Lol bitching is what parents do tho xD

You sound abusive

Stop trying to control other people

Your woman will take care of you if you take care of them and that's an undebateable fact. My wife and I both work and she cooks and cleans. I don't rule our home with an iron fist and I'm not a prick about it. The stuff gets done without my asking because she knows that makes me happy. She wants to make me happy because she's well taken care of. Works both ways and you sound salty and bitter as Fuck.

My dad and his wife have the same setup. She cleans the house and cooks his food/lunch. Me and my wife don't chip in nearly the same but she doesn't have as good a job as me but she does work more hours so she gives what she can. We clean together on the weekends and during the week she'll do dishes and I do them on weekends.

I don't know what you mean by clean but if you feel your right then hire a maid and take that money from somewhere else that will affect her and or her kids like someone else mentioned above.

keeping the house clean is the least she could do. tell her what you want or just get a new wife.

Sounds like you came around right on time.

So first off I'll say to all the sarcastic posters on here I applaud your hilarious albeit incredibly witty responses.

I'm a single income household father of two kids. The two kids are not mine genetically but I have raised them for two years and they call me Dad. I'm fortunate enough to have a career which doesn't require my wife to work. I basically sacrifice all of my time to provide for everyone else. I'm happy to do so because I love all of them very much. That being said I do really enjoy a very clean house and things in the right place. I come home and I look around and although the house isn't a wreck it's just not clean. I'm obviously a clean freak. It upsets me because I feel so disrespected that I spend 65 to 75 hours a week at work and I don't have hardly any time outside of work and sleep to do anything. Therefore I ask her to just keep the house clean. I see it as a form of under appreciation and laziness and it is seriously causing a rift. I talk about it all the time and it leads to argument after argument. Am I over reacting? What would you do?
Its all about the approach. You have to make them believe it was their idea.

Back