Wife and Mom tension

Dump the wife for a conservative chick. My ex used to complain when I'd go to my parents house (to watch sports in peace), it's a story as old as time I'm sure.

lol at getting upset because someone doesnt politically agree with you. Sounds like your mom wanted to bother you both and you let her succeed.

It's not the point of not agreeing. It's that politics have taken the decency out of human interaction. You honestly think that is cool to do to someone? I'm learning all the posters who are legit cocks in this thread haha. What clowns...

It's not the point of not agreeing. It's that politics have taken the decency out of human interaction. You honestly think that is cool to do to someone? I'm learning all the posters who are legit cocks in this thread haha. What clowns...
No, I agree that it was misplaced and probably not the right thing to do. But why let that bother you? Especially if you think your mom did it without malice. Just let it go.

Sounds like your problem, talk about sensitive. "OMG can you believe she wanted me to honk for the president, I'd rather die". Sounds like y'all should have a talk, sounds like some deep issues there that may destroy the family, just really really deep stuff, hope you guys can handle it and get through it maybe counseling ,I don't know, wow long road ahead. Lol.

This all over the fact that she wanted you to honk for her candidate, think about that for a minute man.

In closing, longtime lurker who enjoys your threads you seem like a good dude, so nothing personal on my part.

I respect what you are saying but if you know someone isn't on the same page as you politically and you still push that issue for no gain other than to be divisive, then what is the point? It's not all in good fun...politics aren't light hearted. If it was an abortion clinic or a gun rally it would be similar. It's not as much about the politics as it is about the divisiveness on purpose. Respect is almost lost in this Country. It's gross to me.

In fairness due to your great posting I didn't recommend a ban for no pics of wife or mum. But this is your one chance to avoid that ban. Next time this happens I will recommend a ban.

I gave Trump the benefit of the doubt at the start of his presidency because he made an effort to reach out to folk in middle America and didn't have the baggage most career politicians have. I thought he might shake things up. It didn't take long for it to become obvious he's an incompetent, dangerous asshat. The Democrats have been totally useless in opposition. They're a fucking disgrace. The thought of voting for that senile lunatic Biden makes me sick. This is the 2nd election where normal people have no one they can vote for.
<WellThere>

No, I agree that it was misplaced and probably not the right thing to do. But why let that bother you? Especially if you think your mom did it without malice. Just let it go.

I did to an extent but I don't like the tension she willingly created. We get along as a family regardless of political beliefs but when they are thrown in your face for no purpose other than to drive a wedge...I just can't see it.

I did to an extent but I don't like the tension she willingly created. We get along as a family regardless of political beliefs but when they are thrown in your face for no purpose other than to drive a wedge...I just can't see it.
I agree with you. Sorry for being a cunt at first.

You need to man up and smack your wife around a bit. The fact that she's "hurt" that your mom would support Trump is mental. The average man has many wives over the course of a lifetime, but you only have one mother.

You need to man up and smack your wife around a bit. The fact that she's "hurt" that your mom would support Trump is mental. The average man has many wives over the course of a lifetime, but you only have one mother.

You said all perfectly normal things and I have no likes left. I'm sorry I couldn't bolster your post:like ratio.

Reactions: JSN
I respect what you are saying but if you know someone isn't on the same page as you politically and you still push that issue for no gain other than to be divisive, then what is the point? It's not all in good fun...politics aren't light hearted. If it was an abortion clinic or a gun rally it would be similar. It's not as much about the politics as it is about the divisiveness on purpose. Respect is almost lost in this Country. It's gross to me.
It's your Mom brother. The fact that you're letting politics divide you so much is kind of weird don't you think? Then again married life is different you have the mother-in-law and wife dynamic and that may play into it as well. Either way I would try to not take it so seriously laugh it off as your mom trying to be a pain in the butt and just get over it. Life is too short and sometimes too complicated to let stuff like politics affect your relationship with your family members.

But honestly I think everybody on this site can agree that the candidates for president in this country have been pretty embarrassing the last two elections.

Divide and Conquer. Elite millionaires and Billionaires are coming out on top of this election regardless of who "wins" this election.

You can take that to the bank, I know they will

Best advice here, TS should tell his wife and mom that "Elite Billionaires" are out to get them. I suggest he wear a sleeveless shirt when he unveils this info, to really help drive it home.

Didn't read the entire thread, but we need more context. Do your wife and mom already know the other's political leanings? I'd put this on your wife mostly, your mom just got excited and caught up in the moment. It isn't something to get so butthurt over.

Best advice here, TS should tell his wife and mom that "Elite Billionaires" are out to get them. I suggest he wear a sleeveless shirt when he unveils this info, to really help drive it home.

so funny

It's your Mom brother. The fact that you're letting politics divide you so much is kind of weird don't you think? Then again married life is different you have the mother-in-law and wife dynamic and that may play into it as well. Either way I would try to not take it so seriously laugh it off as your mom trying to be a pain in the butt and just get over it. Life is too short and sometimes too complicated to let stuff like politics affect your relationship with your family members.

But honestly I think everybody on this site can agree that the candidates for president in this country have been pretty embarrassing the last two elections.

Amen to that. I'd hate to see politics change the dynamic that I love. It literally doesn't affect us which makes me the most upset.

Damn you wasted a like on me.

I did what I did.

Didn't read the entire thread, but we need more context. Do your wife and mom already know the other's political leanings? I'd put this on your wife mostly, your mom just got excited and caught up in the moment. It isn't something to get so butthurt over.

They do know the political beliefs and I stated that in the thread. My mom didn't get excited...she knew her audience but she for some reason decided to make a statement. It's the norm for this election in my opinion. It's being confrontational on purpose. This is the first election I've seen flags and shit lol. It's supposed to be in your face. Which side as you on type of shit.

I have some family memebers who support trump and I have family members who support Biden. We disagree on a lot of things and say stupid shit politically at times but we let it go. Family is family and I don't want to lose a family member for having different political ideology then myself. My cousin is a communist and I am pretty conservative guy. We talk about politics a lot and we argue about a lot of things but he is still one of my best friends.

Back