Wierdest shit you've eaten while in a cutting phase?

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Alright, as I sit here nibbling on some fucking rice cakes (flavored styrofoam) and sipping my Crystal Light (VERY lightly flavored tap water), and think of all the sick shit I subject myself to on a daily basis to go Pro in Boxing, I wonder what kinds of things you guys do. Myself? Hmm, well let's see:

- I snack on lettuce like it's fucking potato chips. And you know, when you go without shit food for so long it begins to taste almost as good.

- When I get carb cravings I'd literally skin someone alive for a bowl of my oatmeal. Only my oatmeal resembles gruel.

- I have this one concoction I make that makes my family gag. lol I have my Green Goodness (most of you guys know what that is from me posting it earlier), and mix aloe vera gel into it, then pop a couple of EFA's at the same time. It's kind of like drinking sweet dirt with liquid rubber in it, and popping motor oil pills.

- Plain chicken strips atop a bowl of snow peas....try it...it SUCKS.

So what kinds of eating torture do you guys subject yourselves to? Shed your woes.

Fuck man , I was trying to make weight a couple of years ago and for close to a week all I consumed was a mixture of water, maple syrup, lemon and cayenne pepper! Some cunt at my gym said it was a detox thing but he said it was the only thing that kept his energy levels up while cutting weight!!

Jesus Christ that sounds unpleasant. lol

I also snack on crystallized ginger pretty often. Most people spit that shit out as soon as they put it in their mouths but it does wonders for indigestion. Sounds like I would have needed a lot of it if I drank that crap.

King Kabuki said:
Jesus Christ that sounds unpleasant. lol

I also snack on crystallized ginger pretty often. Most people spit that shit out as soon as they put it in their mouths but it does wonders for indigestion. Sounds like I would have needed a lot of it if I drank that crap.

My Dad loves that shit! He buys it from the bulk foods section, it'r pretty expensive out here though!

Ugh, sounds like some rough foods there, although I may pick up some of that crystalized ginger.

Sonny said:
Fuck man , I was trying to make weight a couple of years ago and for close to a week all I consumed was a mixture of water, maple syrup, lemon and cayenne pepper! Some cunt at my gym said it was a detox thing but he said it was the only thing that kept his energy levels up while cutting weight!!

and does it keep his/your energy up?

If it's that bad of a concoction it had better.

I try to take a couple shots of wheat grass evry few days. Nothing like the taste of fresh cut grass in your mouth.

Ian1983 said:
and does it keep his/your energy up?

Actually it did! My only other major complaint is that it gave me the worst case of the shits I've ever had. I'm not sure if I could last more than a week on it though. I did get some weird looks from people who were watching mix all that shit together!!!

Here's one:

Low-Carb Bagel, Toasted or Untoasted
Fat-Free Ricotta Cheese
Sunflower Seeds, shelled, No Salt Added
Tomato, Sliced
Fresh Basil, Minced or Finely Chopped
Lean Chicken Breast (Optional)

Hardly weird, I know, Kabuki, but this is one damn tasty treat that keeps the carbs down. Eliminate the seeds and chicken if you're really trying to keep the fat down (but the meal suffers).

Obviously, I'm a heavyweight.

Oh yeah, celery with fat-free cottage cheese is a simple favorite.

Sonny said:
Actually it did! My only other major complaint is that it gave me the worst case of the shits I've ever had. I'm not sure if I could last more than a week on it though. I did get some weird looks from people who were watching mix all that shit together!!!

I'm not trying to cut, but I might give that a try.
What sort of quantities are we talking here, or do you play it by ear?

When you say on detox, I assume like rabbit food <sudders>

Oh yeah, celery with fat-free cottage cheese is a simple favorite.

Dude this guy I work with gags down a tub of cottege cheese a night and brings cups (don't ask me why he keeps it in cups) of lettuce, and that's his fucking dinner. lol AND he's a powerlifter. He has those two things and an MRP at the same time. Gah!

I have eaten cottage cheese with a little olive oil and Thai chili sauce on a whole wheat pita.

I have eaten cottage cheese with a little olive oil and Thai chili sauce on a whole wheat pita.

Alright, I think that's the worst shit I've ever heard.

EFA - Essential Fatty Acids.

That's crazy. It's basically like starving yourself lol.

Shit my weekly diet ususally grosses people out

breakfast-plain oatmeal cooked in water and a grapefruit

Snack-apple

Snack-some lettuce(or potato chips as Kabuki calls it)

Lunch-can of tuna w/chopped celery

Snack-Cottage cheese w/celery or 1/2 can of canned peaches(less syrup)

Snack-Banana

Dinner-Canned chicken w/peas or grean beans, If I have time Ill grill some fish or chicken breast on the barbecue w/some lemon and eat it with the veggies followed by a serving of Green Goodness(thanks again Kabuki)

Snack when I get back from the gym-other half of canned peaches with cottage cheese or 1/2 can of pineapple chunks(in its own juices not syrup)

Thats pretty much my weekly diet, except sometimes when I know Im gonna be training for 3-4 hours, Ill make tuna sandwiches(w/whole wheat bread no mayo) for lunch so I get some carbs.

On the weekends Ill treat myself and barbecue some steaks, korean bbq, or fish(with seasoning) or sometimes Ill go out to eat some sushi. Maybe some Pizza on occasions(my weakness) but never fast food.

Man the fucked up part is I have to cook my lady a seperate plate, cuz shes so disgusted with what Im eating.

Back