Whyte vs Povetkin Aug.22 DAZN

hmm ok

if Povetkin is on the juice it could be good

but i imagine a Whyte win at this point. Povetkin looked pretty meh vs Hunter

I agree but I give Michael Hunter more credit for making Povetkin look bad than most people do. Povetkin can still punch & Whyte is there to be hit. Especially later on in fights when he seems to get a bit chinny.

Don't get me wrong, though. I expect Whyte to win but an upset KO by the Russian wouldn't shock me.

I agree but I give Michael Hunter more credit for making Povetkin look bad than most people do. Povetkin can still punch & Whyte is there to be hit. Especially later on in fights when he seems to get a bit chinny.

Don't get me wrong, though. I expect Whyte to win but an upset KO by the Russian wouldn't shock me.

after a long career (ammy box and kickbox and pro box combined) povetkin will be 41 less than a month after this fight.
Talking about punching strength is kind of pointless now.

after a long career (ammy box and kickbox and pro box combined) povetkin will be 41 less than a month after this fight.
Talking about punching strength is kind of pointless now.

Well, the last thing to go is a fighter's power & if he reaches Whyte's chin like both Parker & Rivas did he may just keep him down.

Talking about power in a boxing match is pointless? Ok
No stupid, talking about the power advantage of Povetkin's case where he's an aging 40 year old seems pointless. duh.

Well, the last thing to go is a fighter's power & if he reaches Whyte's chin like both Parker & Rivas did he may just keep him down.
He's showing signs of slowing down significantly. Don't get me wrong. I made a respect thread for the guy and think he's the most underrated HW of the past 15 years.
HOWEVER, you have to agree it would be a massive upset if he pulls this off.

Hey with enough will power and dedication, even B-hop won a world title at 50, but he's also a tactical mastermind.

Anyway, good fight. Will watch. the draw against hunter showed he got some juice at the bottom of the barrel left.

No stupid, talking about the power advantage of Povetkin's case where he's an aging 40 year old seems pointless. duh.
Power is last stuff they can lost. Holyfield at 45 is clear proof btw. / But yeah, 40/41 isn't like when he was 33/34 .
Still he at least already is millionare and also with more impressive amateur credentials than most pros can even dream to get.......

Yeah I'm interested in this fight. Povetkin is looking pretty past it now but he's still dangerous. I'm going for Whyte to win but I wouldn't be surprised if Povetkin manages to get an upset. It's unlucky for Whyte that Joshua and Fury are going to fight first because it just delays Whyte getting his title shot but I don't think Whyte has any chance agaisnt Fury.

Yeah I'm interested in this fight. Povetkin is looking pretty past it now but he's still dangerous. I'm going for Whyte to win but I wouldn't be surprised if Povetkin manages to get an upset. It's unlucky for Whyte that Joshua and Fury are going to fight first because it just delays Whyte getting his title shot but I don't think Whyte has any chance agaisnt Fury.
I've completely missed that Josh and Fury are going at it. Is that official news?

Povetkin has come on considerably with his boxing, as his pace slows. I've noticed a lot of improvement in his angles and combinations. Especially compared to when he fought Huck 9 or so years ago. He's getting a skill prime to buffer his loss of physical prime.

I've completely missed that Josh and Fury are going at it. Is that official news?

Povetkin has come on considerably with his boxing, as his pace slows. I've noticed a lot of improvement in his angles and combinations. Especially compared to when he fought Huck 9 or so years ago. He's getting a skill prime to buffer his loss of physical prime.
People are to obsessed with age then ones skill or abilities on here . Anyone paying attention to Povetkin would see he’s actually harder to defeat now then he was a few years back where he wasn’t setting up punches as much ,if he can defeat a guy like Hunter which anyone scoring correctly have him doing so then it tells you he’s still on point and has a good 3 fights left at minimum if he chooses unless Whyte takes that away in a brutal fight which it’s most likeLy going to be the case .

A fully trained and prepared Povetkin is going to look the part ,he has never had a camp like he had for A.J because he knew he had to ,a injury free Povetkin will be harder to beat then his last fight so Whyte better have his A game .

A.J has Usyk after Pulev and Fury will most likely fight Whyte after he defeats Wilder but if he gets the Franchise status it’s no point unless Usyk takes side step money which doesn’t seem to be the case according to his team .

My prediction for this fight is Whyte if he doesn’t weigh over 255 is by 10th round stoppage or UD . If he weighs near or above 260 this is probably going 12.

Last edited:

hunter is better then he is given credit for and that fight was a coin toss.

I think this is whytes toughest fight since Joshua. I thought he was lucky against Parker as well, not just for surviving the 12th, but having the accidental headbutt ruled a knockdown. He likely loses the fight on the cards without that

I’m almost 50/50 on this even with an old povetkin. I’m calling the upset

I think this is whytes toughest fight since Joshua. I thought he was lucky against Parker as well, not just for surviving the 12th, but having the accidental headbutt ruled a knockdown. He likely loses the fight on the cards without that

Agreed, I fancy Povetkin.

The AJ Fury fight has been in discussions. It's still in the preliminary stages but they have agreed to an amicable financial deal for two fights, which is usually the hardest bit. Now they need to set dates, looking likely for summer 2021 and work out venues. https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...or-a-two-fight-deal-says-promoter-eddie-hearn

Then there is still the fact that both have big fights against Pulev for AJ and Wilder of course for Fury. Also Dillian Whyte might get his mandatory shot on Fury as well.

Povetkin is a good operator, I still think age is a factor though. He was doing well with AJ until AJ turned up the heat. Whyte has youth and aggression on his side but he doesn't have the big physical advantages that AJ had over Povetkin which is why I think it will be a tough fight.

Hunter would give someone like Whyte hell, he's really an underrated finisher and able to hurt people at HW, while being a good technical boxer. Against Povetkin he came in about 10 pounds over his usual weight and was still able to give him lots of problems.

One headliner will fail a drug test, a replacement will step in, then the other headliner will fail and another replacement will step in. Before it was Whyte vs Povetkin, but it will become replacement vs replacement.

One headliner will fail a drug test, a replacement will step in, then the other headliner will fail and another replacement will step in. Before it was Whyte vs Povetkin, but it will become replacement vs replacement.
lol

Don't jinx it. However, if that happens...

nostradamus.jpg

Really wouldn't sleep on Povetkin. He is world class and can get anyone without great defense on the canvass. Going to be a real banger whoever lands that bomb first wins. Props to Whyte for taking on such a dangerous opponent.

Back