Why would you take the last two rounds off like that?

Listen- knowing Jones was not only champ but with long reign intact , Reyes cornermen knew only 1 thing which is that he won first round. From there along with close nature of fight, they shouldve been in " 2-2" mode going into 5th round. " Dom , we think you're up on cards but it can be close and we've seen this movie before . Go out there, win this round and you're a UFC champion ". This didnt take place ( as far as I know) and over in champs corner, the correct vernacular did take place. Champion came out , won round and walked him down on top. Jones edges Reyes 48-47. People may not like it but it was a close fight and couldve went either way so T.S does have some acceptable logic- champ retains and i dont have much a problem with it.

Flip side of coin, re match should be next as long as both parties are healthy.

That's not how a challenger fights. I'm sorry. I get being tired, but come on. Those last ten seconds, Jon is trying to fight and Dominick is running away because he thinks he has it in the bag. You can't afford to fight like that unless you're already the champ. He deserved to lose just for that.
It's quite obvious you don't

Reyes was completely gassed. You ever been completely exhausted and tried to continue to do cardio? Yeah no easy and I forgot, he was getting punched and kicked...
I've been completely exhausted and gassed during training. That's not it. He clearly had some juice left. Him avoiding the action was strategic because he realistically had 3 in the bag.

Reyes was gassed. He had no choice
This. He was dead tired and Jones was relatively fresh. He knew that if he held his ground and tried to throw down with Jones in that state that he would probably get the far worst of it. Thinking he was up on the cards most likely he didn't want to get hurt or finished. It was risk averse and it didn't pay off due to judges requiring Jones to get SOUNDLY beaten in order for him to lose a round. Judges just seem to like him. Being who he is and moving forward, even if he was receiving more blows than he was delivering, was enough to curry favor.

I've been completely exhausted and gassed during training.

Reyes was in a gruelling fight not a training session

That's not it. He clearly had some juice left.

His laboured breathing, lower power on his strikes, and decreased output say otherwise

Him avoiding the action was strategic because he realistically had 3 in the bag.

I don’t recall Reyes’s corner telling him to take rounds off.

Reyes was a beaten man who clearly accepted defeat half way through the third round.

You try defending yourself completely exhausted while the other guy is constantly walking you down.

You have to build up to 5rd fight endurance by experiencing at few times you camt really train for it as such
Same as how pro boxers slowwly build up the roumds they fight for pro mma guys do it too

Back