Why would you be prescribed a diuretic to recover from a weight cut?

Ballsack Mcgee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can someone explain this to me? I'm a Cyborg hater who thinks she's a cheater and a black eye to the sport but I'm not a fan of these witch hunts before all the facts are in. And I have to think her and her camp are not so stupid as to have an excuse that sounds this ridiculous unless it's really legit.

Well, diuretics are sometimes used for high blood pressure or hypertension. That being said, no doctor who wishes to keep his license would give a substance that causes the kidneys - already strained from a huge weight cut - a substance that places additional stress and workload on the kidneys. Not when there are plenty of alternative compounds that actually function to both reduce high blood pressure and protect the kidneys.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with a recovery treatment

Another poster had said that they had suspicions that it was a masking agent.

Can't say that is out of the realm of possibility.

Doesn't seem to have anything to do with a recovery treatment

Another poster had said that they had suspicions that it was a masking agent.

Can't say that is out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, but not the best masking agent, as, depending on the type of test, it is fairly easy to detect. There are numerous other reasons why it would be used (such as reducing virilization following AAS use). The wrong type of medication for why she said she had it, though.

Yeah, but not the best masking agent, as, depending on the type of test, it is fairly easy to detect. There are numerous other reasons why it would be used (such as reducing virilization following AAS use). The wrong type of medication for why she said she had it, though.

She is well past the point of virilization lol

It's gonna be fun watching them try to spin this.

She claims the Monday after the fight she was so dehydrated that she was unable to give a blood sample because her blood was too thick.

The same Monday she was prescribed the diuretic.

It makes no sense whatsoever. None.

Any yet, there will still be many clithuggers rush to her defence.

Clearly her doctor was sick of her ducking 135 and just wanted to be done with her.

She is well past the point of virilization lol

Yeah, but the affects are cumulative. And it is not as if she is going to run estrogen to improve her voice (yes, this can be done in some cases, classically trained female singers sometimes do this if their voice deepens when they hit menopause).

Spironolactone, commonly marketed as Aldactone, is a drug primarily used to treat other conditions, but may be prescribed to women with PCOS who suffer from an imbalance of sex hormones. While small quantities of male sex hormones are normal in women, we frequently find unusually high levels of male sex hormones in women with PCOS . High male hormones cause common PCOS symptoms such as hirsutism and acne. Spironolactone reduces male hormone levels, and has proven effective in lessening excess facial and body hair in 70% – 80% of women. But Spironolactone has no effect on some of the most damaging symptoms of PCOS , such as irregular periods or weight gain, and may even aggravate some symptoms.

How much could she possibly weigh normally? What is she like 220??

Saying this is for recovery from a weight cut. Well for most people after the fight, that is beer and pizza..

Well one reason that is worth considering is significant heart failure/pulmonary edema associated with stress induced cardiomyopathy or broken heart syndrome. If she really really stresses herself making weight there is good chance she developed significant heart failure to warrant diuretics. A k sparing diuretic in the face of profound fluid losses will prevent hypokalemia induced cardiac dysrhymias

If I am her doctor and this is not the actual cause I am digging through some echocardiograms and finding an echo which suggests apical ballooning and putting cyborgs name on it

Well one reason that is worth considering is significant heart failure/pulmonary edema associated with stress induced cardiomyopathy or broken heart syndrome. If she really really stresses herself making weight there is good chance she developed significant heart failure to warrant diuretics. A k sparing diuretic in the face of profound fluid losses will prevent hypokalemia induced cardiac dysrhymias

Yes, but there are multiple other compounds that do not stress the kidneys. Using one that does during recovery from a brutal weight cut is beyond the point of poor medical practice, it is just plain stupid.

Back