Why would USADA test someone knowing the results wont be back before the fight?

Because catching them afterwards is better than not at all.

Because having a window where the athletes know they aren't subject to testing is a very obvious hole in the anti-doping policy that would be exploited.

They tested Brock as soon as he was available for testing
Should they not have tested him at all?

Yeah they should do away with testing on the day of the fight. Oh wait...

I just don't see how these tests take so long to get back.

First of all they test them way before and after the fight too and if they set those parameters fighters would just use PED's a week before the fight or a day before. They can't set any type of predictable pattern.

I just don't see how these tests take so long to get back.

If you don't see it by now, as many times as it's been explained around here, then you clearly aren't interested in finding out.

Depending on who you are they may take a little longer to get back if say.....there gonna loose even more millions <24>

Yeah because they conspired to keep Brock on the card, who many casuals didn't even know was fighting at UFC200, but let Jones get tossed with the rematch of his highest ppv buyrate ever hanging in the balance on UFC 200. Makes perfect sense, right?

Because catching them afterwards is better than not at all.

this is true. The thing is it's supposed to be a random test for fighters that are either in competition or out, isn't it? It's done regardless of if they have a fight on tap. Do I misunderstand?

Back