Why would McGregor fight Khabib?

He's set for life

Big risk low reward fight

Oh well Sherdog will Sherdog
Platinum with the shitty threads again. Fuck you asshole. I wiped my shit with your sisters hand

He thinks that he’ll go broke soon since he’s not a smart businessman like Floyd

-Because he wants his championship back
-Because he sees a victory over an unbeaten Khabib as a more than worthy enough accolade worth accomplishing
-Because the fight will be big and generate millions of dollars

I think it's money, sure, but I think it's also because Conor really really likes the drama and the spotlight. I think he has a need for that, and however much money he has, there's probably no greater buzz than a UFC title fight (or a boxing title-fight) and all the hoopla and craziness that he soaks up like a sponge.

50% the money and 50% the Buzz/Drama/Craziness of the Global Spotlight.

Because Khabib has weak striking and he thinks he can make quick work of him. Conor was licking his chops watching Khabib fight Iaquinta.

It was never a question whether mcgregor would come back, it's a question how much fights he has left in him. I seriously expect all the fights fans want with non stop brutal negotiations in between each fight. Which sucks because Conor's run was very active until lately.

Has been beaten 3 times by lesser fighters

None of them were a 190lb bear wrestler
Khabib has also lost to much lesser fighters too in Sambo, which is MMA with a Gi, and lost in BJJ He just had the good fortune of having sound career guidance, and when he switched to MMA professionally he did it as a much more complete mixed martial artist. You can't compare Conor as a sloppy brawler with no ground game to the McGregor that roasted champ Eddie. Khabib has also never performed in such a high staked event, and the 'McGregor Show' has a way of making world champs crumble.

Last edited:
Because he's a fighter and thinks hes unbeatable?

We''re certainly going to find out....

It's very simple too. When he doesn't take the fight and fights Nate? We will know for sure that he doesn't believe that.

Because why not make another ~10-15 million? I always doubted he would, but it sounds like it's gonna happen. Maybe he has some inside info that Khabib is injured or something so they will fast track the fight to make sure he doesn't have to fight him 100% lol.

I'm actually surprised, and won't believe it until it happens though.
Or maybe, like every other rational person who's been watching, he sees some glaring holes in Khabib's style that he knows he can expose.

Why would he fight anyone? Money, fame, bragging rights, fight would be HUGE for him $$$, remember, is not Khabib who is the draw, is Conor, and well, Khabib is probably the biggest challenge to date, fight would break his PPV record.

because he claims to be the undisputed champ

He will make a lot of money. Its what the fans want. He believes in his skills. He takes pride in being one of the best mma fighters ever. He wants to prove himself to the world that he isnt afraid of any fighter at his weight. There seems to be a lot of reasons to fight. Oh he has money now he should just chill on his yacht doing nothing for the next 50 years and then die. That sounds awesome..

It was never a question whether mcgregor would come back, it's a question how much fights he has left in him. I seriously expect all the fights fans want with non stop brutal negotiations in between each fight. Which sucks because Conor's run was very active until lately.

As a fan if he fought two or three more times I'd be happy, Khabib, and Diaz at least one more time down the line. GSP may fit in somewhere if the UFC is getting really greedy. I would rather see him get out healthy, I don't respect fighters going hard for the rest of there career and collecting CTE it's just stupidity.

The haters sure make a lot of excuses for why this fight shouldn't happen even though they're sure Khabib will win.

Back