Why would Jones ever move up to HW?

Everyone’s got a mouth til they get punched in the gameplan
Not sure if that was for comedic effect or if you just had a mild stroke. Hoping it was a joke.

It's threads like this that make it really easy to see why certain people have Yellows lmao

I don’t have a dog in this fight but Jones’ record has a loss on it. No tears or salt here, just looking at his documented record. And it has to be considered that Jones’ impressive record could be due in part to being pumped up on some chemical enhancements, which is also backed up by documentation.

Ah yes, Jones i remember this narrative, Jones is the only guy in mma to use performance enhancers, it's not like 99% of the roster is using or anything...

And go back and watch Jone's "loss". If that's a loss, what do you call a real loss?

Jones has never been beaten by another man in the octagon, never even been rocked.

I understand how upset it makes you but my best advice is learn to live with it.

Ah yes, Jones i remember this narrative, Jones is the only guy in mma to use performance enhancers, it's not like 99% of the roster is using or anything...

And go back and watch Jone's "loss". If that's a loss, what do you call a real loss?

Jones has never been beaten by another man in the octagon, never even been rocked.

I understand how upset it makes you but my best advice is learn to live with it.
I have other things in my life than to worry about Jon Jones. I simply stated facts. Slow it down turbo.

All GSP needed was 15 lbs to move up and fight Silva. But he was too chickensh*t to do it. Meanwhile Jones needs to make up 20 - 30 lbs to do it, possibly even 40. Big difference right? But we all know that the double standard is there because you just pray every night that he'll tap to strikes from a midget like your hero. Sorry, true GOATs dont do that. "Fans" like you are the biggest pieces of shit tbh.

What a fucking dumbass argument. You're getting mauled in this thread.

Oh I get all of that, sorry if I wasn't clear but I was just trying to raise the point that Penn's "legacy" hasn't protected him from his career & life falling apart so spectacularly & so shouldn't ever be motivation for other fighters to go up in weight as fan adoration & respect can change very quickly.

Cool. I DID misunderstand. My bad. Thanks for correcting me

I think I agree with your point as I now understand it. Fans are fickle.

in the end it’s called prizefighting.

I think it's a given that if Jones moves to HW, he'll win some and lose some. Those losses will be devastating KOs by guys like Ngannou. He'll have a 50-50 or 75-25 win %, gets tons of brain damage and injuries, and probably only be able to fight another 3-5 years eating that kind of punishment.

Meanwhile at LHW, he's winning virtually 100% of the time. He's not eating any brain damage and his body is staying fine outside of the last fight. It's steady money. He could fight for another decade like this and retire healthy.

3-5 more years and a fucked up body and brain? Or 10 more years and a pristine body and brain? Hmmmm what would you choose?
To answer your question, for the money and the challenge and the legacy.

Whether or not it's advisable for him to move up is another question. And I think you could make good arguments either way, based on some of the style matchups available, the money available, and the time left he has in the sport.

Not pressure from fans....pressure from salted haters who would give their left nut to see Jones fail. Their favorite fighters tapped to strikes, got outwrestled, and slept, so they cant deal with the fact that Jones hasn't lost, or even been rocked in the octagon.

Jones is under no obligation to move up at all...keep in mind that the people who want him to move up, were the same people who said GSP was under no obligation to move up, when he was hiding under his bed for years from the boogie monster Silva.

It brings me great joy to know that every time Jones fights, there are thousands of incels seething, breaking out in cold sweats, and foaming at the mouth for him to lose. And I crack a smile every time he turns in another win and gives them aneurisms. You know them because they're the same turds crying about performance enhancers, as if every other fighter isnt in performance enhancers. They'll also cry about physical advantages, as if Stephan Struve dominates HW with his height and reach advantages lol. Any excuse to marginalize his achievements.

Some hate him because he isnt White, others hate him because he put their favorite fighters in comas.

Either way, not appreciating what Jones does in the octagon just shows people that you arent a true fight fan at all. Fight IQ, strategy, skills, dominance, all through the roof. The GOAT isnt going anywhere for a while.

The steroid GOAT, who would have plenty of losses on his record if it weren't for PEDs.

I think it's a given that if Jones moves to HW, he'll win some and lose some. Those losses will be devastating KOs by guys like Ngannou. He'll have a 50-50 or 75-25 win %, gets tons of brain damage and injuries, and probably only be able to fight another 3-5 years eating that kind of punishment.

Meanwhile at LHW, he's winning virtually 100% of the time. He's not eating any brain damage and his body is staying fine outside of the last fight. It's steady money. He could fight for another decade like this and retire healthy.

3-5 more years and a fucked up body and brain? Or 10 more years and a pristine body and brain? Hmmmm what would you choose?
he tried to move up once, and Dana blocked him.
Since then he never mentioned moving up again.

At the very least, he would move up for money.

also, maybe for his legacy. If he doesn’t, I’m sure there will be someone who will say “he only did what he did because he could cut weight”.

I really think he could beat anyone at heavyweight. He might not do it every time, but I think he could beat everyone

No no, Not joking. I am sure you’re right up there on the spectrum.

<TheWire1>

<Gordonhat>
Your attempts to put me down are misguided and ineffective, however clever and entertaining your gifs are. Come up with another schtick other than trying to insult people, cause you’re not very good at it. You can use logic or civil discourse but I’m not sure that’s in your repertoire. Or just keep looking like spare parts, bud. Just lookin out for you.

Your attempts to put me down are misguided and ineffective, however clever and entertaining your gifs are. Come up with another schtick other than trying to insult people, cause you’re not very good at it. You can use logic or civil discourse but I’m not sure that’s in your repertoire. Or just keep looking like spare parts, bud. Just lookin out for you.

lol
Lighten up bud.

what did you want me to do, derail this thread and make it all about your career? Lol, narcissist much?

I only attempted to make you smile.

but it seems you are now upset, and trying to back handedly do what you erroneously accused me of.

so, something to think about in that, for you, I think.

lol
Lighten up bud.

what did you want me to do, derail this thread and make it all about your career? Lol, narcissist much?

I only attempted to make you smile.

but it seems you are now upset, and trying to back handedly do what you erroneously accused me of.

so, something to think about in that, for you, I think.
You can back track but sorry I don’t think making fun of vulnerable populations is funny, whatever the context may be. I’ll lighten up when people are more careful with their words and they don’t have to use the developmentally disabled to try to insult others.

You can back track but sorry I don’t think making fun of vulnerable populations is funny, whatever the context may be. I’ll lighten up when people are more careful with their words and they don’t have to use the developmentally disabled to try to insult others.

lol

sounds like a witch hunt buddy.

what you just wrote sums up why I made the comment that I did on the first page.

in my opinion he was using the term to mean ‘idiotic’, which was inappropriate and showed a lack of understanding.

I, someone who is legitimately high on the spectrum made a light joke with you about that, and made it clear that is was friendly humor designed to bring a smile.

now it seems like you in fact are actually insincere and are playing some twisted game in an attempt to get me carded.

so, I won’t be entertaining any more discourse with you.

welcome to my ignore list

<DisgustingHHH>

Last edited:
Stipe was 240 and 230lbs in their fights, not 250+. And Stipe has the belt currently after melting DC so he came out of it all right. The rest, as to whether Jones can take HW bomb as well as control the grappling is unanswered. I say to Jones pitter patter and lets see it.
Fair enough but let's be honest, the only one that got "melted" in those 5 rounds they fought was Stipe in 3.5 minutes. Sure he stopped him in the rematch but he had to come from behind to do it, which he deserves full credit for doing.

If you're correct about his weight though that kind of goes against your theory since that means he would be basically the same size as a HW Jones.

Back