Why would Jones ever move up to HW?

i dOn't tHiNk yOu uNdErStAnD AuTiSm

I understand it enough to know that your inability to interpret the communicative and social contexts from which I wrote that statement fits the definition of an autistic quality more than what the guy I responded to said.

Report me if I'm being too insensitive for you.

Why did you quote me? I got an alert from you and it led me to this post. Explain yourself.
You must have quoted me.

I'm not Canadian buddy and I considered to him to be in the discussion with Jones and Fedor. I would say GSP has more of a claim since we dont know for how long Jones has been a pulsing star, only that fight? only that year? For a few years? Or since he began his MMA career? We will never know. We just know he likes to juice.

Honest question, do you honestly think GSP has never touched a performance enhancer in his career?

i dOn't tHiNk yOu uNdErStAnD AuTiSm

I understand it enough to know that your inability to interpret the communicative and social context from which I wrote that statement fits the definition of an autistic quality more than what the guy I responded to said.

Report me if I'm being too insensitive for you.

I just think you’re a joke.

Why did you quote me? I got an alert from you and it led me to this post. Explain yourself.
You must have quoted me.
I don't have to explain shit.

But if you must know, I was typing a reply to what you said before I got caught up with the other guy, forgetting to start a new reply bar for him. You can discount what I said if you'd like, because upon further review, it wasn't worth saying.

Honest question, do you honestly think GSP has never touched a performance enhancer in his career?

LOL, I mean I thought we were bullshitting, werent we? I mean if you want to bring up the fact that GSP got beat by Matt Sera than I can bring up Jones PED abuse. Now tell me do you think Matt Sera got lucky? I am sure you will say he didnt but we both know GSP beats Matt 95 out of 5 times in 100 fights.

Gsp is only considered one of the GOATs by Canadians. No GOAT ever taps to strikes from a midget.

Just imagine Jones, Silva, Fedor, or DC taping to strikes...LOL!
imagine people start calling cheaters goats...

no he hasnt. There is this guy called George, ever heard of him? Fedor and Silva are there also but I can see why Silva wouldnt be included now.

Jones will surpass GSP's title defense record after this Reyes fight I think, and winning a second belt by beating post-prime one-eyed Bisping is not really all that impressive. By the time Jones retires, he'll hold so many records that it'll be impossible to not call him the GOAT.

LOL, I mean I thought we were bullshitting, werent we? I mean if you want to bring up the fact that GSP got beat by Matt Sera than I can bring up Jones PED abuse. Now tell me do you think Matt Sera got lucky? I am sure you will say he didnt but we both know GSP beats Matt 95 out of 5 times in 100 fights.

I noticed you dodged the question.

Do you think GSP has been 100% clean his whole career?

Technically he never has to if he's complacent. He seems bored though, moving there would simply add to his legacy and give him motivation. The fear of the unknown would motivate him to always train hard rather than give halfhearted attempts against certain opponents.

To make the GOAT discussion not much of a discussion.

I noticed you dodged the question.

Do you think GSP has been 100% clean his whole career?

I didnt dodged nothing, did you not understand when I said we were both bullshitting? You bringing up GSP's loss to Serra and me with Jones PED abuse? Once you answer me if you believe Serra wasnt lucky or was lucky beating GSP then I will answer if I believe GSP has been clean his whole career. We both know GSP beats Serra 95 out of 5 times out of 100.

Jones will go to HW because Reyes is going to smoke him twice.

Jones will go to HW because Reyes is going to smoke him twice.

I could see Reyes beating him as well. I didnt before the Volkan fight because I thought Volkan won but after the Weidman fight I think he has a good chance. Also probably Volkan is a better striker than I thought he was.

I think it's a given that if Jones moves to HW, he'll win some and lose some. Those losses will be devastating KOs by guys like Ngannou. He'll have a 50-50 or 75-25 win %, gets tons of brain damage and injuries, and probably only be able to fight another 3-5 years eating that kind of punishment.

Meanwhile at LHW, he's winning virtually 100% of the time. He's not eating any brain damage and his body is staying fine outside of the last fight. It's steady money. He could fight for another decade like this and retire healthy.

3-5 more years and a fucked up body and brain? Or 10 more years and a pristine body and brain? Hmmmm what would you choose?

jon is ok fighting middleweights and trolling heavyweights when he not got the balls to do it.

Legacy money and pressure from the fans because.. Ego

And the challenges

Personally I think his legacy is secure as GOAT (unless you discount him because he's pissed hot a few times). He would do it for money, he was keen to take on Brock, I just don't think there's a big enough draw at HW to allow him to earn enough money to do it.

Jones should move up to HW because if you're 6'4 230+lbs on fight night you're a HW and you would be a massive pussy to avoid fighting HWs esp when you're on steroids like Jones is.

Said the same thing for a while now. A long run of title defences is a legacy, plus if Jones went up to HW & got smashed by Francis then idiots would deride him as never having been that good or was only good because he hid at 205 blah blah blah.

Weight classes are here for a reason & whilst I want to see Jones tested, if he can continue to make 205 there is no reason he shouldn't stay there smashing challengers. Same argument counts for GSP not going up to face Anderson, or Anderson not going up for any meaningful fight at 205 or Khabib not stepping up to 170 etc.

Also don't forget that recently on here BJ Penn has sadly become a laughing stock particularly amongst new fans who look at his recent run of losses & come to the conclusion that he was never any good. He was a guy who could make 145 yet fought as high as HW, plus won titles at 155 & 170. Yet even his legacy & respect from the fans isn't assured.

Ego. The challenge of proving the haters and the critics wrong.

I actually believe he will go up to heavyweight, and I've been predicting it for years. I believe he will go up after his next next fight, providing he gets by Reyes.

However, I don't believe he will stay there. It will be a one off type of thing. In my opinion, he sees vulnerability in Stipe, and sees him as ripe for the picking. He's not going to fight a murderer like Francis or a monster like Blaydes. If he beats Stipe, he's going to lobby for a DC fight, who will be going on 42 years of age, or a Brock Lesnar fight. If he can't get either of those, he'll go back down to light heavyweight.

This is what Roy Jones did with John Ruiz. After the win, there were a few fights at heavyweight that were considered, but none of significant competitive interest such as a fight with Lennox Lewis. The ones that were considered were Tyson and Holyfield fights, both of whom were well past their sell by dates, but big box office bonanzas. After the one off, he went back down to light heavyweight, and he was never the same again.

History repeats itself.

Not pressure from fans....pressure from salted haters who would give their left nut to see Jones fail. Their favorite fighters tapped to strikes, got outwrestled, and slept, so they cant deal with the fact that Jones hasn't lost, or even been rocked in the octagon.

Jones is under no obligation to move up at all...keep in mind that the people who want him to move up, were the same people who said GSP was under no obligation to move up, when he was hiding under beds for years from Silva.

It brings me great joy to know that every time Jones fights, there are thousands of incels seething, breaking out in cold sweats, and foaming at the mouth for him to lose. And I crack a smile every time he turns in another win and gives them aneurisms. You know them because they're the same turds crying about performance enhancers, as if every other fighter isnt in performance enhancers. They'll also cry about physical advantages, as if Stephan Struve dominates HW with his height and reach advantages lol. Any excuse to marginalize his achievements.

Some hate him because he isnt White, others hate him because he put their favorite fighters in comas.

Either way, not appreciating what Jones does in the octagon just shows people that you arent a true fight fan at all. Fight IQ, strategy, skills, dominance, all through the roof. The GOAT isnt going anywhere for a while.

You are the biggest hypocrite on sherdog. What a fucking piece of shit. You wanted GSP to fight all the MW roster. Yet "oh no poor Jones should just keep fighting MWs over and over again"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back