Why would Jones ever move up to HW?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's a given that if Jones moves to HW, he'll win some and lose some. Those losses will be devastating KOs by guys like Ngannou. He'll have a 50-50 or 75-25 win %, gets tons of brain damage and injuries, and probably only be able to fight another 3-5 years eating that kind of punishment.

Meanwhile at LHW, he's winning virtually 100% of the time. He's not eating any brain damage and his body is staying fine outside of the last fight. It's steady money. He could fight for another decade like this and retire healthy.

3-5 more years and a fucked up body and brain? Or 10 more years and a pristine body and brain? Hmmmm what would you choose?

Legacy money and pressure from the fans because.. Ego

And the challenges

giphy.gif

Legacy money and pressure from the fans because.. Ego

And the challenges

Not pressure from fans....pressure from salted haters who would give their left nut to see Jones fail. Their favorite fighters tapped to strikes, got outwrestled, and slept, so they cant deal with the fact that Jones hasn't lost, or even been rocked in the octagon.

Jones is under no obligation to move up at all...keep in mind that the people who want him to move up, were the same people who said GSP was under no obligation to move up, when he was hiding under his bed for years from the boogie monster Silva.

It brings me great joy to know that every time Jones fights, there are thousands of incels seething, breaking out in cold sweats, and foaming at the mouth for him to lose. And I crack a smile every time he turns in another win and gives them aneurisms. You know them because they're the same turds crying about performance enhancers, as if every other fighter isnt in performance enhancers. They'll also cry about physical advantages, as if Stephan Struve dominates HW with his height and reach advantages lol. Any excuse to marginalize his achievements.

Some hate him because he isnt White, others hate him because he put their favorite fighters in comas.

Either way, not appreciating what Jones does in the octagon just shows people that you arent a true fight fan at all. Fight IQ, strategy, skills, dominance, all through the roof. The GOAT isnt going anywhere for a while.

Last edited:
I think it's a given that if Jones moves to HW, he'll win some and lose some. Those losses will be devastating KOs by guys like Ngannou. He'll have a 50-50 or 75-25 win %, gets tons of brain damage and injuries, and probably only be able to fight another 3-5 years eating that kind of punishment.

Meanwhile at LHW, he's winning virtually 100% of the time. He's not eating any brain damage and his body is staying fine outside of the last fight. It's steady money. He could fight for another decade like this and retire healthy.

3-5 more years and a fucked up body and brain? Or 10 more years and a pristine body and brain? Hmmmm what would you choose?

If he does it is because he thinks he can beat a certain opponent.

For the challenge and to try and put himself in the discussion for GOAT.

A 2nd belt, lots of money in the right fight.

He won't unless it's a give me fight vs Brock for mega bucks...

<CanYouSeeMeNow><JonesDXSuckIt><JonesDXSuckIt>

Put himself in the discussion? Bro, the discussions over. Jones has been the consensus GOAT for a while now.

Not pressure from fans....pressure from salted haters who would give their left nut to see him lose.

Jones is under no obligation to move up at all...keep in mind that the people who want him to move up, were the same people who said GSP was under no obligation to move up, when he was hiding under rocks from Silva.

LOL, he has been saying for 8 years he will move up to HW, how he stop talking about it and just say flat out he wont. I am sure people will stop asking if he says no already and just makes weight at LHW. But no, he has to tease fans with moving up to HW.

Put himself in the discussion? Bro, the discussions over. Jones has been the consensus GOAT for a while now.

no he hasnt. There is this guy called George, ever heard of him? Fedor and Silva are there also but I can see why Silva wouldnt be included now.

My god you people are so transparent. To say that he isn't at the very, very least in the discussion right now is the most autistic thing I've read in a while.

no he hasnt. There is this guy called George, ever heard of him? Fedor and Silva are there also but I can see why Silva wouldnt be included now.
Gsp is only considered one of the GOATs by Canadians. No GOAT ever taps to strikes from a midget.

Just imagine Jones, Silva, Fedor, or DC tapping to strikes...LOL!

Last edited:
I concur. He wouldn't be as dominant at hw as he is at lhw. That said, he makes weight pretty easily. I'd like to see him move up simply because he has cleaned out his division several times already. There isn't anything left for him except to get laid out by some guy nobody gave a chance to. Might as well try his luck at hw and have his loss happen chasing an even bigger legacy.

I do agree that he's under no obligation. It would be cool to see him test himself against the big boys of mma though. Every fight at 205 seems like a foregone conclusion. Just think about his legacy if he moved up to hw and dominated there too. It would prove me wrong, but I'm sure Jones doesn't give a flying fuck what I think. It would also cement his place in history for a very long time.

I don't know if we'll ever see someone dominate the 2 biggest weight classes in mma back to back, but if anybody is capable, he is.

Gsp is only considered one of the GOATs by Canadians. No GOAT ever taps to strikes from a midget.

Just imagine Jones, Silva, Fedor, or DC taping to strikes...LOL!

I'm not Canadian buddy and I considered to him to be in the discussion with Jones and Fedor. I would say GSP has more of a claim since we dont know for how long Jones has been a pulsing star, only that fight? only that year? For a few years? Or since he began his MMA career? We will never know. We just know he likes to juice.

I don't think you understand Autism.
i dOn't tHiNk yOu uNdErStAnD AuTiSm

I understand it enough to know that your inability to interpret the communicative and social context from which I wrote that statement fits the definition of an autistic quality more than what the guy I responded to said.

Report me if I'm being too insensitive for you.

Back