Why would Cain come back NOW when there is nothing to gain

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Remember Cain Velasquez was always a ticket in the minds of UFC brass to break into the mexican market (a very lucrative market for boxing). They always were looking to give Cain big fights and title shots. I think they still believe he is a viable commodity in pushing that brand. With that said what is there for Cain to gain if he fights now? He pretty much has to wait until DC retires after march or the lesnar fight next here. I reckon he faces Stipe for the vacant belt at heavyweight. I mean why jeopardise that. He probably doesn't deserve it but i am sure thats the play here and it will probably work. I mean its been over 2.5 years, if he was really that injured i am sure he would have called for retirement but instead he's training at WWE facilities and helping his fellow AKA mates prepare for their matches.

EDIT: Man you guys are idiots, i fucking said why would he come back NOW!!! holy shit dumbasses here

Money.

/thread

Well it is his chosen profession....or was.

Cain-Velasquez.png

Why does anyone fight ever?

What a dumb fucking question.

Money, if he sits out until DC retires he probably won't get the shot at the title anyways. There are active fighters that would deserve it more and he would have to fight for #1 contender.
If he's not injured and really is waiting on DC to retire and hoping to get a title shot that's a bad gamble.

Money, if he sits out until DC retires he probably won't get the shot at the title anyways. There are active fighters that would deserve it more and he would have to fight for #1 contender.
If he's not injured and really is waiting on DC to retire and hoping to get a title shot that's a bad gamble.

dude i am telling you hes getting that title shot as soon as the belt is vacated next year, of course there are active fighters who deserve it but that aint happening

Why is Cain out right now anyway?

I’ve asked in a billion threads and no one seems to know

Back