Why won't Yushin Okami attack?

Righteous Jon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
He was in side control for almost a full 3 minutes of round 2 I believe, and didn't attack with a single significant strike. This is disgusting. Joe Rogan said he disagreed with the stand up, but LITERALLY nothing was happening. I'm revolted that someone can know that people pay good money to watch a fight of theirs, only to have them not even attempt to do anything other than lay down in full mount. I feel sorry for Belcher, but he needs better wrestling if he wants a shot at the title. I genuinely don't understand the mindset of someone whose sole purpose of going into a fight is to do quite seriously no damage.

Other grinders like a Chael Sonnen or a GSP are not as bad because even though someone like Chael doesn't have hardly any power in his attacks, still is relentless and attacks and attacks and attacks. Yushin however did not attempt a single STRIKE in nearly three minutes. Honestly revolting.

because he doesn't care. No reason not to try to win a contest rather than a fight these days. Pathetic diluted BS.

Because that's not how you win fights.

Because he's a wajyutsu fighter

"wa- peace, harmony, or flexibility"
"jyutsu - art or technique"

He's a peaceful warrior looking to defeat his opponents in the most gentle way. It's a true japanese samurai-san spirit way desu desu.

He learned from Sonnen saw how that worked for him.

Because he's a wajyutsu fighter

"wa- peace, harmony, or flexibility"
"jyutsu - art or technique"

He's a peaceful warrior looking to defeat his opponents in the most gentle way. It's a true japanese samurai-san spirit way desu desu.

Just Wow

because he doesn't care. No reason not to try to win a contest rather than a fight these days. Pathetic diluted BS.

Belcher is responsible for not being able to defend the take down, you cant blame Okami for making Belcher look like an amateur.

So you cant take people down and control them to dwindle their energy in a real fight? lol

did you guys not see and hear Belcher? he was beaten pretty badly if you ask me. and it wasn't like Belcher laid there for him, Okami spent much of his time breaking guard to get to side control and on 2 occassions the newb ref stood them up after the hard work by Okami to pass.

Because Belcher's explosive and powerful enough where one mistake from Okami would mean getting reversed and potentially KO'd almost immediately. Okami realized this right after the first round and decided not to take the risk to posture up; in the third round when he was mounted this was clear. He had Belcher mounted, but Belcher was constantly trying to buck and roll, coming close to doing it a few times, and the only way Okami could stop from that happening was to temporarily sacrifice doing damage for holding position. It's not like he's just a pussy that cares more about getting a decision than winning, it's that he wasn't willing to risk getting knocked out again by making a simple mistake. If you watch the Boetsch fight he was trying very hard to finish Boetsch for the first two rounds, and was anything but boring, but he made a mistake and decided to box with Boetsch and showcase his new, improved striking instead of grapplefucking him for another round (which would tire him out enough to essentially leave him incapable to bullrush him in the final round), and payed for it.

Basically, risking position against Belcher means there's a very high chance to get reversed and finished very fast, much like War Machine did against Jared Rollins, and Okami wasn't willing to risk that and get KO'd again in embarrassing fashion just to stop the crowd from booing.

So you cant take people down and control them to dwindle their energy in a real fight? lol

The average time of a real fight is very short.

When in a real fight can you really do that, did you think this through? Fights in real life last seconds or minutes.

Oh and yes I am mad! Not a huge Belcher fan, but I was rooting for him, and I'd rather see him get finished than that pathetic excuse for "fighting". Show some damn balls and fight. Its in the name of the org!

Belcher is responsible for not being able to defend the take down, you cant blame Okami for making Belcher look like an amateur.

So we have to hold one guy responsible for pulling 2 guys weight to make a fight interesting? How about the guy who is winning the wrestling match puts it to good use-like in a fighting sense... I know its crazy shit

Because Belcher's explosive and powerful enough where one mistake from Okami would mean getting reversed and potentially KO'd almost immediately. Okami realized this right after the first round and decided not to take the risk to posture up; in the third round when he was mounted this was clear. He had Belcher mounted, but Belcher was constantly trying to buck and roll, coming close to doing it a few times, and the only way Okami could stop from that happening was to temporarily sacrifice doing damage for holding position. It's not like he's just a pussy that cares more about getting a decision than winning, it's that he wasn't willing to risk getting knocked out again by making a simple mistake. If you watch the Boetsch fight he was trying very hard to finish Boetsch for the first two rounds, and was anything but boring, but he made a mistake and decided to box with Boetsch and showcase his new, improved striking instead of grapplefucking him for another round (which would tire him out enough to essentially leave him incapable to bullrush him in the final round), and payed for it.

Basically, risking position against Belcher means there's a very high chance to get reversed and finished very fast, much like War Machine did against Jared Rollins, and Okami wasn't willing to risk that and get KO'd again in embarrassing fashion just to stop the crowd from booing.

This doesn't make sense. It simply doesn't compute. If he didn't want to be KO'd then ATTACK your opponent! He didn't attack at all is my point! I don't particularly like Belcher, and I was rooting for Okami vs. Anderson and Boestch, but this was dastardly! DASTARDLY! I will never root for Okami again after this performance. I can't fathom going into a prize fight with the sole intent of my game plan to be to not attack, and lay still. He had full mount for over a minute and didn't do anything. This is genuinely preposterous! I think he should be paid in full, but I think they should bring back yellow cards for this BS.

He was in side control for almost a full 3 minutes of round 2 I believe, and didn't attack with a single significant strike. This is disgusting. Joe Rogan said he disagreed with the stand up, but LITERALLY nothing was happening. I'm revolted that someone can know that people pay good money to watch a fight of theirs, only to have them not even attempt to do anything other than lay down in full mount. I feel sorry for Belcher, but he needs better wrestling if he wants a shot at the title. I genuinely don't understand the mindset of someone whose sole purpose of going into a fight is to do quite seriously no damage.

Other grinders like a Chael Sonnen or a GSP are not as bad because even though someone like Chael doesn't have hardly any power in his attacks, still is relentless and attacks and attacks and attacks. Yushin however did not attempt a single STRIKE in nearly three minutes. Honestly revolting.

GuyNk.gif

Most action packed thing Okami did today was probably take a shit.....

To all the typical GO WATCH K1, IM A REAL FAN" responses......Yes...I'm a real fan...of fighting, that is.....If I was interested in what Okami does, I would just go to bed right now and wrap my rms and legs around my girlfriend while lying in bed. He just can't cut the mustard against a superior grappler like when Sonnen took his soul....his jab, plod forward, jab, grab, hold, lay style just can't cut it.....

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you've never been in an actual ffight before have you? Ever even seen a bar fight or street fight at least? I didn't think so. 20 seconds is not enough time to "hold someone and dwindle their energy"....especially when there are 20 people around, various freinds of both parties, etc...

Judges don't score streetfights, and you don't try to dwindle someone's energy....jeeez kid.

Most action packed thing Okami did today was probably take a shit.....

To all the typical GO WATCH K1, IM A REAL FAN" responses......Yes...I'm a real fan...of fighting, that is.....If I was interested in what Okami does, I would just go to bed right now and wrap my rms and legs around my girlfriend while lying in bed. He just can't cut the mustard against a superior grappler like when Sonnen took his soul....his jab, plod forward, jab, grab, hold, lay style just can't cut it.....

Good luck finding many superior grapplers at 185.

Back