why wont the ufc have a hw legend tournament

yoni22

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
its the perfect time, you have crocop coming back, big nog,arlovski,overeem,barnett,hunt,you could put lesnar in the mix and even post trt vitor and hendo, and maybe convince fedor to come back. the winner gets a title shot.
im sure you sherdogers will find it more interesting then another mitrione or schaub fights.
and dont tell me the ufc is all about the best of our time, they signed punk.

Have they ever had a tournement since Zuffa took over? It would be cool to see, but I doubt UFC wants to go down that avenue, esp since that was somethnig Bellator was well known for.

Have they ever had a tournement since Zuffa took over? It would be cool to see, but I doubt UFC wants to go down that avenue, esp since that was somethnig Bellator was well known for.
the ufc wiil do anything that wiil put more dollars in their pockets

Injuries. Injured guys ruin a tournament.

Injuries would gut it. Ufc sucks at sticking to a time table, dont see them coordinating that many matches

It's called WWE. But you know that.

Yeah I did. But it's still wwf to me

I get ufc is a entertainment sport, but I don't get how they seem to trash everyone else for doing what they will do

On topic: that tourney sounds cool

That strikeforce hw gp was an awesome time to be a fan. But injuries did fuck it...at least we got to see dc and Barnett again

Sounds fun! What's the lineup look like if we are talking about legends? That is a subjective term that many may argue about? How many fighters? Are there injury backups or byes for injuries?

Because that is what makes for great tv: Old, slow fighters....

Sounds fun! What's the lineup look like if we are talking about legends? That is a subjective term that many may argue about? How many fighters? Are there injury backups or byes for injuries?

i say a tournament of 8 fighters, first round crocop vs aa, lesnar vs mir 3, barnett vs overeem, hendo vs big nog and vitor as sub. ill pay for that.. the winner vs cain or werdum, if one of those legends wins the title it will be the biggest story ever.(besides lesnar he is not really a legend)

they need to just give in a do a tournament. it pisses me off that they won't do it. dana's excuse is bullshit. injuries ruin every card anyway; just do a tournament with 8 fighters and a good chunk of reserve bouts. and if the ACs wont sanction more than one round in a night, just do one round per event. we just wanna see brackets. I know it will do big business. imagine seeing brackets released. every thread on sherdog would be about the tournament. it wouldn't be too big like march madness, but if they did a tournament once a year like PRIDE did, the UFC would gain some fans.

Because we aren't in the future and we don't have the necessary devices to help Big Nog getting through a tournament.

1720491762.jpg

Seriously, the ACs won't sanction it on US soil. In Japan it would be possible, but I highly doubt the UFC wants to put 4-8 HWs with name value on a Japan card, when they can fill up a slot in a watered down PPV.

Back