Why won't sherdog let me use transparent avatars?

AndyGoaty**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When I upload it automatically gets changed to JPG, and removes my transparency. Needs to be PNG to be transparent.

what are you trying to use as an av?

what are you trying to use as an av?
28thyt4.png

ugh also changes its quality
Suspicious,see through AV as in?

Like the guy above

If it's bigger then the allowed size when you upload it then that might be the reason for the transparency loss.

Allowable size for non-plat avs is 150X150.

100x100 for guys like me, and its 93x97

100x100 for guys like me, and its 93x97

you are correct, the plats get 150X150, others 100X100 as you said.

I'm not sure what the problem is with your av, I know some people have transparent ones so it maybe the extension. PNG does not support transparency in the same way that say a GIF file does.

I've heard that editing the pic using ImageMagick might resolve this issue so maybe give that a try.

Yeah i transferred to gif format and it looks better but not the best. Any mods want to help?

You may just be trying to do too much within 10kb

Also, when you upload and it converts a larger file or file type, it does a hack job.

So we have a 10kb limit and 100x100 limit? I thought it was either or. Damn

So we have a 10kb limit and 100x100 limit? I thought it was either or. Damn

Nope. That's where it get hacked uploading.

Plats have are 135x135 and 24.4kb

Last edited:
change the background color to fit sherdog, That's how blitz did it for me I guess

Go plat if you're really all that interested in fixing your problem. It will allow you to work within larger confines.

I just made my AV background the same as sherdog's. It gives the illusion of it being transparent.

It would appear that TS has figured it out, his av is completely transparent now.

Back