Why won’t they set up Connor vs GSP for title shot at 155?

After seeing Conor sucker punch that old man in the face, and after numerous rape allegations......I say bring back Palharas and make Conor fight him.
that fight should be only sanctioned as a grappling fight with strikes on the ground allowed.

lmao good old tree stump would take home any limb he wants.

This would bring in huge numbers.. and see if GSP can make 155. Who takes it at 155?
If you meant 165, it could be.
But 155? why the fuck would either deserve a title shot at 155, who has a champion already and he already schooled Conor?

Why won’t they set up Connor vs GSP for title shot at 155?
tenor.gif
<Goldie11><{MingNope}><Oku02><Dany07><36>{<jordan}

Last edited:
I'm almost positive they were going to do Conor vs GSP at 170 had he beat Diaz.... GSP was in the front row with cameras on him the whole time.

But he lost so... I don't think GSP wants a fight against someone who is 1-1 against a #9 ranked welterweight like diaz.

I don't know but the press conferences would be hilarious.
"I habe a lod of respect for dat guy, he may say things that are not [how you say] polite, but doesn't really mean dat *Laughs*"

Is as far as I could see gsp going.

The only press they should do is have other members of the media talk about it, ala conor vs nate 2.

Because neither deserve a title shot and not a single fan other than yourself wants to see that fight

I disagree. In fact, I think this would be the biggest UFC event...ever. Both guys have huge fan bases and name recognition for the average noobs.

because khabib is the champ ...

Who takes it ? GSP double leg mcgregor into oblivion, he aint khabib, no need for the cage to take the fight to the ground
I wouldn't be shocked if GSP outboxed Conor either, tbh. That jab wasn't exciting but it was super effective and GSP will analyze and know everything Conor does, how he counters, etc....

May as well have Conor fight Anderson or something. Even today Anderson would put him out in 3 for sure.

GSP's striking is less flashy than Conor's, but his defense / distance control is elite. His standup game is efficient and more than good enough to set up his takedown / wrestlefuck routine anyway.

Conrad has very few ways of winning that fight. He won't catch St.Pierre with the left hook

Gsp would take him down at will and keep him there. It wouldnt be that good of a fight. Ufc will prob make it though

Does anyone actually think that McGregor would stand a chance?
GSP hasn't fought in years.
He barely beat Bisping at a point where everyone else was KOing him.
There is a reason he didn't defend his belt after winning it from Bisping.

He hasn't made 155 even in his prime, he last fought at 185.
Assuming he'd be somehow able to make weight, he'd probably lose to most top 15 guys.
Look at how the fighters he was beating are doing now: Hendricks, Kosh, Hardy, Condit, etc.

Yes, in his prime self he probably beat Khabib, Conor and whoever at WW. Not at LW.

Oh, and he also doesn't deserve it after break his promise and screwing the UFC by leaving the MW division without a champ.

the same reason they don't make Anderson Silva vs Artem Lobov for the LHW belt.

This would bring in huge numbers.. and see if GSP can make 155. Who takes it at 155?
Huge numbers? Once upon a time it would. I would buy to watch GSP retire him like everyone else would so maybe you are right.
Conor has lost enough. He needs an easy fight like Michael Johnson. He was embarrassed by a rank #7 Nate Diaz and his head twisted off by Khabib and you want to match him against GSP?

Conor cant take the current top 5 today at 155 Lol....GSP? Stop it

I don't know but the press conferences would be hilarious.
Thats all that Conor is good at. Talking shit.

He cant land a spinning wheel kick for his life, cant knock out a 50 year old with his famous left, taps out to a toe hold and gasses out in round 2.

He may have a chance against Dennis Siver again.

Pierre isn’t getting off the couch unless it’s for a belt he doesn’t own ALREADY

Because that fight makes no fucking sense.

Back