Why won’t Jones fight Miocic?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seriously, the guy has nothing left to prove in his division and is a natural heavyweight anyway. This fight is legacy, this fight is way more money, this belt is way more prestige... there are so many reasons he should be asking for it, you know Stipe would take the fight in a heartbeat, yet jon shows no interest and remains in his stagnant division.

WHY?

<209Bitch>

There's a few prospects popping up

Lhw is much better than this forum's group think says

Because he's afraid he would lose. He's sparred with HWs and it doesn't seem like he feels good about how that went. He also can't roid as openly and appears to be nearing the end of his prime. I mean would you want to fight stipe or Francis if you struggled with one legged Santos?

Because he won't be able to bully HWs in the clinch and his length advantage will be nullified

He ducked HWs all his life even before USADA.

giphy.gif

he easily makes 205. meaning he aint a natural hw

Simple : Scared of losing.

Cormier, at 5'9.5"goes and fights boatloads of HW fights.... but Jones at 6'4"........ he like "nah fuck that.....I might lose".

To borrow a current in-the-news phrase...... .......#JonJonesPAB

Maybe he doesn't think he would win against top HW's. Anderson Silva never seriously made a run at LHW, and GSP didn't want to move up to fight Silva at MW either. If you don't have confidence in winning, you probably won't win.

Maybe he doesn't think he would win against top HW's. Anderson Silva never seriously made a run at LHW, and GSP didn't want to move up to fight Silva at MW either. If you don't have confidence in winning, you probably won't win.
At least GSP fought Bisping. I’d be happy to see Jones vs Black Beast or even Alexei Oleinik.

because he doesnt wana die? hed have his face caved in lol out wrestled if he wanted jones cant fight guys his size and smaller if he cant have the size reach advantage he fears hw every other goat champ went up fedor was a small hw gsp went to 185 t fight for the title and won i bet u if jon ever goes t hw he will only do it to someone tiny like a mark hunt type

jones isnt that dumb though ehs trained with hws before and knows they dominate him

At least GSP fought Bisping. I’d be happy to see Jones vs Black Beast or even Alexei Oleinik.
lol black beast would punch a hole through him good god imagine one of those hammers hitting his tiny body frame u must hate jones

Money

He's aware how much people wanna see him fight at HW and will make the UFC pay top dollar for it to happen

Seriously, the guy has nothing left to prove in his division and is a natural heavyweight anyway. This fight is legacy, this fight is way more money, this belt is way more prestige... there are so many reasons he should be asking for it, you know Stipe would take the fight in a heartbeat, yet jon shows no interest and remains in his stagnant division.

WHY?

<209Bitch>

That's a big fucking jump in weight. That's not 10 lbs.

WHY?

<209Bitch>

How exactly do you define "natural heavyweight"? Jones weighs something like 220-225 on fight night. As in, less than literally every heavyweight on the roster, and about at or below what most LHWs fight at. He also cuts less weight than guys way smaller than him, including plenty of featherweights, bantamweights, and so on. (Compare Jones going from 220 to 205 with Dillashaw going from 155 to 125 - Jones is NOT a big weight cutter.)

So please, provide some evidence that Jones is a natural heavyweight beyond "well uh his arms are really long."

Simple : Scared of losing.

Cormier, at 5'9.5"goes and fights boatloads of HW fights.... but Jones at 6'4"........ he like "nah fuck that.....I might lose".

To borrow a current in-the-news phrase...... .......#JonJonesPAB
jones wins by size at 205 eveyrone else is short and stubby jones is long athletic for his size thats why cant call him the goat he sint a technical guy at all if he was a 185er or 170 toned down to fit hed not even break top 10 neil magney is basically him at 170 but more skill

Back