Why wilder not throwing to the liver?

Can you imagine how bad it would hurt to take a full on shot to the guts from Wilder? Oof.

He threw a couple of hard left hooks downstairs agains Ortiz. He could throw more but it's never going to be his bread and butter as a long-range puncher.

Can you imagine how bad it would hurt to take a full on shot to the guts from Wilder? Oof.

he may not be able to generate the same relative power as his straight right as it is a slightly different action/motion, much more similar to a left hook, but it’s definitely gonna fckin hurt Either way. Even A wilder job is gonna knock most normal people clean out

As I have written in other threads after the fight, Wilder fought lazy the whole fight
and only in round 7 when the gap had started getting pretty wide, he started using a left body hook which landed
every time and visibly bothered Ortiz and which he varied with a hook upstairs (he was just using pawing jabs in the previous rounds)
and he even threw many right straights to the body that round and a lead straight right.

So he has all these options and he used them in round 7. Ortiz started getting bothered and started after a while to be more aggressive
in order not to lose the upperhand IMO and that maybe made the KO coming sooner.

That tells me that he fights lazy but on a second thought maybe he feels safer sniping using his longer range
instead of risking getting hit by something he didn't see.

Thanks, bro, I knew I couldn't have been the only one who saw those left hooks to the body Saturday night. I was really impressed with their delivery but they were too few & far between, as you said. But still, it was some progress & a step in the right direction for the Fury rematch.

Yeah especially since Fury is a Huge Target and us a bit fluffy in his biggest area

A lot of heavyweights, even ones with good boxing ability ignore the body. In Wilders case, im not sure he knows how to..

Throwing bodyshots without getting countered like hell requires some proper footwork.

Let him do what he does best

Back