Why were SJWs mad about the movie Joker?

They always find something to hate
It’s an addiction

They don't want you to feel sympathy for a white male.

I thought it was a character that many people could feel sympathy for. Especially since that crowd generally champions the impoverished or those with disabilities.

Oh, well.

They weren't

this response is from some alternate reality.

the SJW and media hysteria was at such a fever pitch that many cities had cops posted at the theaters. You just don’t remember that? Or maybe it’s not convenient to think about

I was gonna see it, but someone posted this scene and I thought it was pretty corny, so I watched something else

If the SJWs are mad about something, that guarantees it's 1) blown way out of proportion and 2) very detached from reality

I was gonna see it, but someone posted this scene and I thought it was pretty corny, so I watched something else

That wasn't the real song, but that would only make me want to see it MORE!!!

Lol. This conversation never happened. I’m not saying feminists aren’t ridiculous. They are. But so are people who harp on SJWs all the time when they get offended by just as much and don’t understand that something offends a group of people no matter what it is. And that it isn’t the same group of people taking offense at everything but rather that with 7 billion people in the world, someone is always offended.
This conversation legit happened. It was on reddit during Game of thrones season 5 or 6. Ill look for the thread but chicks were legit losing their shit over Sansa being raped by Bolton, like it was somehow worse than him killing kids and having them mauled by his pitbulls or cutting Greyjoy's balls off

this response is from some alternate reality.

the SJW and media hysteria was at such a fever pitch that many cities had cops posted at the theaters. You just don’t remember that? Or maybe it’s not convenient to think about
They are still butthurt about it.

This is the reason. A white male was a victim of society and family abuse. SJWs can only see white men as oppressors. So it broke their brains and they lashed out.

They call it an incel movie but they obviously don't know what an incel is (means).

Also, LOL at the crybabies saying it's because they hate white people.

That is about as stupid as calling it an incel movie.

They are still butthurt about it.

Lol, this bitch had to delete all of her racist tweets they discovered when she first got on the show.

ZFsoKxm.gif

Edit: Kinda funny though

I finally saw Joker not too long ago (good movie btw). I remember there were conversations about Joker encouraging incel culture or something like that. I didn't read the articles at the time because I did not want spoilers, but now that I've seen it I have no idea what they were talking about.

The movie kinda reminded me of Falling Down starring Michael Douglas. It was just a man who was frustrated with society, tired of getting picked on, with mental health issues and a history of childhood abuse who just snapped. The only thing remotely close to having to do with the incel thing is probably Joker's imaginary girlfriend who lived in his apartment building, but she wasn't even really a focal point of the story, she seemed to just serve the purpose of illustrating his delusions and separation from reality.

Was there a legitimate case to be made that I was missing or was it just another example of false outrage?

I guess it has something to do with trying to justify his behavior by making him a sympathetic character of some sort. I don't know though. I do believe that media influences people's actions to a certain degree. You can see tons of evidence that people emulate behavior of films/media/games, but I don't know I would support this idea that it would influence the overwhelming majority of people into murder. I thought it was a great movie overall. The locked door scene with his friend was amazing. Freaky, disturbing, hilarious. Definitely a wonderful film.

The American culture around what's acceptable and not acceptable in media is so weird to me. They are perfectly fine with extreme violence as long as it's directed against the right type of antagonist. They are fine with violence in kids shows against the right antagonists. As long as the extreme violence isn't "graphic" you can kill hundreds of people. Implied violence is acceptable as long as it's cleaned up from the brutal reality of what death and violence brings. But if you show a human body or love (sex) then people are going to protest and lose their minds. It's really confusing to try and navigate these waters and pretend like some art is acceptable while other art isn't. It's either all OK or none of it is.

I watched some scenes of the film on YouTube. It popped up on the recommended feed while I was watching Apple and Onion episodes. Wasn't particularly excited by it. I like the 70's (?) setting though. I will not be watching the full movie. On a side note I respect incels and their culture very much.

I guess it has something to do with trying to justify his behavior by making him a sympathetic character of some sort. I don't know though. I do believe that media influences people's actions to a certain degree. You can see tons of evidence that people emulate behavior of films/media/games, but I don't know I would support this idea that it would influence the overwhelming majority of people into murder. I thought it was a great movie overall. The locked door scene with his friend was amazing. Freaky, disturbing, hilarious. Definitely a wonderful film.

The American culture around what's acceptable and not acceptable in media is so weird to me. They are perfectly fine with extreme violence as long as it's directed against the right type of antagonist. They are fine with violence in kids shows against the right antagonists. As long as the extreme violence isn't "graphic" you can kill hundreds of people. Implied violence is acceptable as long as it's cleaned up from the brutal reality of what death and violence brings. But if you show a human body or love (sex) then people are going to protest and lose their minds. It's really confusing to try and navigate these waters and pretend like some art is acceptable while other art isn't. It's either all OK or none of it is.

People have always fantasized about shows/movies like this though. That's why Dexter was popular, a guy who brought justice to a system with a lot of red tape and politics that allow murderers to go free, it's the same reason people like Punisher. I don't see the movie Joker being much different than those 2.

It's really confusing to try and navigate these waters and pretend like some art is acceptable while other art isn't. It's either all OK or none of it is.

It really is.

Lol, this bitch had to delete all of her racist tweets they discovered when she first got on the show.

ZFsoKxm.gif

Edit: Kinda funny though

I mean, she ONLY had to delete 2,000 tweets. Imagine if she was held to the standard of the white males she hates. She would have been fired.

Because the bad guy didn't start out as a bad guy. While he had deep-seated mental issues from the start, society played a role in him becoming unhinged. Some people were afraid it would inspire real life copycats.

It will give Joaquin Phoenix best male actor Oscar, and has been the movie of the year without be part of their bullshit circle

It's funny because the outrage actually helped it imo...

Back