Why were SJWs mad about the movie Joker?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I finally saw Joker not too long ago (good movie btw). I remember there were conversations about Joker encouraging incel culture or something like that. I didn't read the articles at the time because I did not want spoilers, but now that I've seen it I have no idea what they were talking about.

The movie kinda reminded me of Falling Down starring Michael Douglas. It was just a man who was frustrated with society, tired of getting picked on, with mental health issues and a history of childhood abuse who just snapped. The only thing remotely close to having to do with the incel thing is probably Joker's imaginary girlfriend who lived in his apartment building, but she wasn't even really a focal point of the story, she seemed to just serve the purpose of illustrating his delusions and separation from reality.

Was there a legitimate case to be made that I was missing or was it just another example of false outrage?

because they are dumb pieces of shit who hate white people

Yeah.. saw it this friday and thought pretty much the same thing..

Got to to the conclusion they are way to stupid and conditioned to handle any provocation of thought that doesn't clearly show you a narrated right/wrong scenario..

Possibly deep down they felt sympathy and got revolted by themselves, got rustled and felt the need to virtue signal to feel better..

They think its a movie created to empower incels

They obviously didn't see the movie

We unfortunately live in an era where every single thing is put under a microscope and people are ultra sensitive about virtually anything and everything. Pay it no mind, let them live in their eternal depressing bubble. The rest of us can watch a movie normally and just take it for what it is, a movie, and move on.

The manufactured outrage towards that movie is further proof of how biased and useless film/TV critics have become.

It's an insular group of people with the same politics and worldview who have contempt for the taste of the general public.

They weren’t. But the observation was made, quite correctly, that Joaquin Phoenix’s character was obviously an incel in the movie. I think a few SJW saw that as problematic or at least tone deaf given recent events. But then Joker fanboys, who likely sympathize with incels or are close to being incels themselves, took offense to that observation and tried to change the narrative to “SJWs are offended because it’s not politically correct” or some bullshit like that.

I’m sure a few people were offended because there are simply too many people in America, and the world, for absolutely nobody to be offended by any movie. But it was like one or two people. But the Joker fanboys were more offended than anyone because they didn’t like people pointing out that their hero was an incel.

Because these media outlets are starved for those precious clicks and nothing gets more clicks than outrage, even if it’s manufactured fake outrage.

I finally saw Joker not too long ago (good movie btw). I remember there were conversations about Joker encouraging incel culture or something like that. I didn't read the articles at the time because I did not want spoilers, but now that I've seen it I have no idea what they were talking about.

The movie kinda reminded me of Falling Down starring Michael Douglas. It was just a man who was frustrated with society, tired of getting picked on, with mental health issues and a history of childhood abuse who just snapped. The only thing remotely close to having to do with the incel thing is probably Joker's imaginary girlfriend who lived in his apartment building, but she wasn't even really a focal point of the story, she seemed to just serve the purpose of illustrating his delusions and separation from reality.

Was there a legitimate case to be made that I was missing or was it just another example of false outrage?
SJW's seem to complain about everything.

They complain about the weirdest fucking things. And their arguments are off the wall illogical bullshit usually

For example

Feminist "OMG, we should boycott the movie. it depicted the bad guy raping a girl. How dare they show that in the movie"

Me: "The part where it depicted him killing 3 kids brutally didn't bother you but the rape does?"

Feminist : "You can't show women being hurt by a man in a movie. Rape is a terrible crime that scars a victim for life and showing it in shows encourages the behavior as normal and is toxic masculinity at its worst"

Me "Im pretty sure seeing 3 kids being tortured and killed is a worse crime and nobody is whining that seeing it will encourage such behavior as normal. The movie is depicting a bad guy, doing bad guy things. An antagonist. The whole point is too root for him to get what's coming before the end"

Feminist : "you misogynistic piece of shit. Murder is just murder. the victims pain is over instantly. Rape is far worse, the victim has to live afraid the rest of their life"

Me: ""You people are fucked. At least they have a 'rest of their lives" after being raped""

SJW's seem to complain about everything.

They complain about the weirdest fucking things. And their arguments are off the wall illogical bullshit usually

For example

Feminist "OMG, we should boycott the movie. it depicted the bad guy raping a girl. How dare they show that in the movie"

Me: "The part where it depicted him killing 3 kids brutally didn't bother you but the rape does?"

Feminist : "You can't show women being hurt by a man in a movie. Rape is a terrible crime that scars a victim for life and showing it in shows encourages the behavior as normal and is toxic masculinity at its worst"

Me "Im pretty sure seeing 3 kids being tortured and killed is a worse crime and nobody is whining that seeing it will encourage such behavior as normal. The movie is depicting a bad guy, doing bad guy things. An antagonist. The whole point is too root for him to get what's coming before the end"

Feminist : "you misogynistic piece of shit. Murder is just murder. the victims pain is over instantly. Rape is far worse, the victim has to live afraid the rest of their life"

Me: ""You people are fucked. At least they have a 'rest of their lives" after being raped""

Lol. This conversation never happened. I’m not saying feminists aren’t ridiculous. They are. But so are people who harp on SJWs all the time when they get offended by just as much and don’t understand that something offends a group of people no matter what it is. And that it isn’t the same group of people taking offense at everything but rather that with 7 billion people in the world, someone is always offended.

The outrage kind of went away after people actually saw the movie, which says a lot about the outrage/clickbait society we're living in.

I don't think it tried to very political at all, but if you really wanted to dissect it, it's got a lot more left wing politics in it than anything, and I think it might be the reason these SJW/Antifa types started to shut the fuck up about it.

They weren’t. But the observation was made, quite correctly, that Joaquin Phoenix’s character was obviously an incel in the movie. I think a few SJW saw that as problematic or at least tone deaf given recent events. But then Joker fanboys, who likely sympathize with incels or are close to being incels themselves, took offense to that observation and tried to change the narrative to “SJWs are offended because it’s not politically correct” or some bullshit like that.

I’m sure a few people were offended because there are simply too many people in America, and the world, for absolutely nobody to be offended by any movie. But it was like one or two people. But the Joker fanboys were more offended than anyone because they didn’t like people pointing out that their hero was an incel.

C'mon dude. The media didn't just make an observation about the character. They said that the movie was "dangerous" and deliberately tried to make it fail at the box office. Fans had every right to be pissed.

...and they're still looking for excuses to attack it now that it's been nominated for awards.

There was some fake controversy last week about Joaquin Phoenix improvising stunts. Even though everything was approved by the stunt coordinator, crybabies on Twitter spent an entire day trashing him.

Complexity, where there is no 'right or wrong' or cut-and-dried answers, doesn't really lend itself very well to the soundbites young (or immature) people like to pass on as 'opinions' in the twitter sphere.

Easier to condemn, rather than admit "I don't know or understand this complexity and simply don't have an opinion".

Lol this is complete horse shit "one or two people" sure bud. I guess it was the joker fans putting everyone on red alert for potential mass shooting due to the movie.. and not the usual websites/networks trying to cause panic

They weren't

Lol. This conversation never happened. I’m not saying feminists aren’t ridiculous. They are. But so are people who harp on SJWs all the time when they get offended by just as much and don’t understand that something offends a group of people no matter what it is. And that it isn’t the same group of people taking offense at everything but rather that with 7 billion people in the world, someone is always offended.

Lmfao

I knew these 2 joke posters would be in here right quick

Lol this is complete horse shit "one or two people" sure bud. I guess it was the joker fans putting everyone on red alert for potential mass shooting due to the movie.. and not the usual websites/networks trying to cause panic

I don’t know that anyone was put on red alert for potential mass shootings. But clearly a mass shooting inspired by a Joker movie would never happen.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Aurora,_Colorado_shooting

Back