Why wasn't the Kevin Burns - Rumble fight changed to a NC?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rumble had to quit because of an eye injury as a result of an illegal eye poke, The great Mazzagatti declared it a TKO but why didn't the commission overturn that into a NC?

kevin-burns_anthony-johnson.gif

I have nothing to add to this thread I just like saying Kevin 'The Fire' Burns.

No consistency. It's a stain that should be cleaned, but people know it's nota legit loss. It's not quite at the Jones-Hamill level because Burns was taking it to Rumble, but I think the headkick in the rematch is what people remember.

Johnson quit after a legit punch landed. If anything Burns deserves to be awarded the win in the rematch.

It's the referee's job to notice the eye poke and halt the action. If the referee misses the eye poke and the fight continues they can't overturn the fight based on what happens after that point.

If Rumble didn't challenge it to the commission, it wouldn't be changed.

Faber Rivera as well.

Gsot vs some wrestler on tuf, 7 yes 7 warnings about close your hands before he eye poked gsot without penalty.

The commissions review and then realise that legally the can't overturn the result "lack of remedy". Then do nothing till it happens again.

I presume its pressure from gambling sites who don't want to overturn results.

If Rumble didn't challenge it to the commission, it wouldn't be changed.

And if he did it still wouldn't.

Can't think of one successful overturn. Csn you?

If there's one thing commission's hate above all else, it's admiting they or their appointed officials have ever done anything wrong.

See Hamil-Jones.
See Wanderlei Silva vs. NSAC.
See Nick Diaz vs. NSAC.
See Faber-Rivera.
See Sanchez-Pearson.
See Browne-Mitrione.

And if he did it still wouldn't.

Can't think of one successful overturn. Csn you?
That fight in Brazil where the ref waved the fight off due to a guillotine choke but the guy was clearly awake and not tapping.

Can not for the life of me remember the fighters.

MMAthmatical proof that Rumble would have no chance vs. Bones.

Clementi >

It's the referee's job to notice the eye poke and halt the action. If the referee misses the eye poke and the fight continues they can't overturn the fight based on what happens after that point.

Well, if anyone has the authority to do that, it'd be them. It's at their discretion. But the circumstances of that fight were a bit different than how you described it. The fight didn't really continue, it ended right then and there, due to the eyepoke that was mistaken for a punch.

Well, if anyone has the authority to do that, it'd be them. It's at their discretion. But the circumstances of that fight were a bit different than how you described it. The fight didn't really continue, it ended right then and there, due to the eyepoke that was mistaken for a punch.
Still can't see how Mazzigatti mistakes that as a punch. Who the hell turns and screams from a punch? Nobody, that's who. But many people would scream from having their eye gouged as was happening to Rumble that entire fight. Crazy that Faber/Rivera happened so many years later and they still hadn't/haven't done anything to fix that

Still can't see how Mazzigatti mistakes that as a punch. Who the hell turns and screams from a punch? Nobody, that's who. But many people would scream from having their eye gouged as was happening to Rumble that entire fight. Crazy that Faber/Rivera happened so many years later and they still hadn't/haven't done anything to fix that

He's an idiot. That's all the explanation you need.

Back