Why wasn't Robbie Lawler as dominant in Strikeforce?

Lawler also planked Adlan Amagov with a flying knee after being hit with an illegal knee. An underrated gem of Lawler’s career and Strikeforce run.
Ahh, Adlan Amagov.. Don't hear the name all that often these days. I remember thinking that he's a guaranteed future title contender back when he still fought and was coming up the ranks. I remember him destroying Anthony Smith aswell, crazy thinking about it now when you look at Smith's current career status.

That was before he went full cray-cray fundamentalist muslim and moved back to Chechnya.

He wasn't with ATT and doing steroids yet.

him losing to Babalu was stupid that's all I got to say. I don't care about the size difference that shit cost me 50 bucks and it was beyond winnable he just didn't throw anything.

He got a new doctor when he resigned with the UFC
I heard

I think he tuned up his striking in ATT and was no longer just wailing haymakers. Also he improved his TDD which matched up him well against the wrestlers in the UFC like Kos, Hendricks and to an extent Rory who couldn't take him down at will.

oh that and probably juice

Did he though?

He lost some tough fights, but looked good

I think in hindsight the fights he was taking were tougher than most people realised at the time. I mean, it's only Strikefarce but Shields, Jacare, Kennedy, Larkin ain't easy fights for anyone.

Wasn't training seriously, and he was having health issues.

He spent a month in a cave and was visited by the JBG, who anointed him with a bloody tear and released him back onto the public

different weight division, hunger, behind the scenes issues...it could be a number of things

I think he did ok. It’s not like most of the guys he lost to are bums.

Ahh, Adlan Amagov.. Don't hear the name all that often these days. I remember thinking that he's a guaranteed future title contender back when he still fought and was coming up the ranks. I remember him destroying Anthony Smith aswell, crazy thinking about it now when you look at Smith's current career status.

That was before he went full cray-cray fundamentalist muslim and moved back to Chechnya.

Yessir, Amagov left off with so much more left to show and give the MMA world. Disappointing.

Nice call on his KO over Lionheart. That's my first introduction to Anthony Smith; it's been wild seeing him come into his own at 205 lbs.

Cus Amagov wrecked his ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back