Why was the Dodson/Moraga fight stopped?

Between this and the Diego robbery, I'm inclined to believe it was hometown cooking.

The Diego thing was pretty egregious, but in this case I think he/his corner wanted the fight stopped, whatever he says now.

aaaaa.jpg
Well I stand corrected. It looked like it was caved in at one part of his nose, and it clipped his nose like Hendo/Shogun II. Too bad

Between this and the Diego robbery, I'm inclined to believe it was hometown cooking.

That's retarded. This stoppage and the Diego decision ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport.

well damn. you might be right then.

i dont understand how his nose couldnt be broken. the first thing he did after eating the knee was grab his nose to make sure it was still attached to his face.

Well they said the doctor made the stoppage but when I look at the video it looks like someone in his corner actually told the doctor it was over. He didn't get mad or argue with the doctor which is a pretty clear sign they asked for it. He did yell but it seemed as though it was just frustration, he didn't direct it at the officials.

That's how it looked to me as well.

weird

sad to see it end like that, i think dodson wouldve won anyways, but moraga shouldve had a chance

I think John Moraga was winning the fight before the knee

I see Dodson facing the winner of DJ vs. Bagautinov on August 30th.

Well they said the doctor made the stoppage but when I look at the video it looks like someone in his corner actually told the doctor it was over. He didn't get mad or argue with the doctor which is a pretty clear sign they asked for it. He did yell but it seemed as though it was just frustration, he didn't direct it at the officials.

Did you watch the fight? The corner is literally saying he is fine, not letting the doctor see the nose.

At the end of the round the doctor comes over and says the nose is broken. Moraga's corner said it's not broken it's just a cut. Turns out the doctor was wrong. It was just a cut and quite frankly not in a position that would have been dangerous for the fighter unlike all the cuts above the eyes they let continue. Early stoppage but Dodson was going to win anyway. He's a beast.

At the end of the round the doctor comes over and says the nose is broken. Moraga's corner said it's not broken it's just a cut. Turns out the doctor was wrong. It was just a cut and quite frankly not in a position that would have been dangerous for the fighter unlike all the cuts above the eyes they let continue. Early stoppage but Dodson was going to win anyway. He's a beast.

Moraga's probably bullshitting. So the doc can't distinguish between a cut and a broken nose? Dafuq out of here. The knee baked him and he was done. He didn't complain at all. He should've went Jason High if he wanted to continue.

Doc seemed to have cleared him to continue at first. Said he would keep an eye on it, turned away. Then one of his cornermen started yapping; the doctor was drawn back. Fight over. Moraga knows why that fight was stopped and who stopped it.

Because the UFC should never hold an event in New Mexico again.

Doc seemed to have cleared him to continue at first. Said he would keep an eye on it, turned away. Then one of his cornermen started yapping; the doctor was drawn back. Fight over. Moraga knows why that fight was stopped and who stopped it.

Yup, I would agree. They could tell Moraga was done.

If I remember correctly there was even a moment after he got tagged by that knee that he sort of looked at the ref and it almost seemed like he wanted to complain about a foul or something before Dodson swarmed on him. He had this look like, hey, can he do that to me? I don't think I want to be here anymore.

This.....

Back