Why was Rumble able to do to Teixeira what Santos could not?

I would say Ngannou is the Wilder of MMA. At least Rumble has a wrestling background and used to train kickboxing with Cung Le. I'm not even sure how technically good Ngannou is. He just murks people like Wilder.

Imo it's Rumble because he's just as big as Wilder.

But Wilder is unique as fuck compared to pretty much any KO artist right now.

Why was Rumble able to do to Teixeira what Santos could not?
Does Rumble have better striking techniques, more power, or both?

79ad48c2e24070aa17cf2a51b21e7b17
Glover believed in his hands and striked against Rumble, while he respected Santos.

But Rumble is a monster and may hit harder than.santos

Rumble has also got speed, agility, explosion and fast twitch muscles... He decimates people on the feet and hasn't meet his equal in terms to striking yet... He's one terrying mofo and I hope to see him in peak form and spirits upon his return...

Cause Rumble turned that head all the way around like Davis did Leo Santa Cruz a few weeks ago.

Those punches looked like car wrecks. Thiago cracked him hard but didn't turn that head, the more the brain rattles, the more likely the punch is to result in a KO.

Rumble has also got speed, agility, explosion and fast twitch muscles... He decimates people on the feet and hasn't meet his equal in terms to striking yet... He's one terrying mofo and I hope to see him in peak form and spirits upon his return...

Vitor had him panic wrestling from the opening second

Rumble is a better striker and hits harder than Santos and even Teixiera

fuck a rumble--we know that glover has taken some L's but go ahead haters continue to bring them up. Glover is a gritty fighter and is made from his wins AND losses

Rumble at LHW has Ngannou-levels of power, pound for pound.

There's a difference between that and being a good puncher like Thiago Santos.

Rumble P4P might even hit harder than Ngannou.

I remeber Anthony getting the better exchange on the feet and causing a big bruise on Vitors face...

You remember very wrong then. Any bruise Belfort got was from the ground. The stand up was vitor blitzing and Johnson panic wrestling. He didn’t want any of that speed

I would say Ngannou is the Wilder of MMA. At least Rumble has a wrestling background and used to train kickboxing with Cung Le. I'm not even sure how technically good Ngannou is. He just murks people like Wilder.
I mean rumble also is a great striker in mma terms.

Ngannou last fight was something out of wilder book. Just swinging with his eyes closed lmao.

Vitor had him panic wrestling from the opening second
As a big Vitor fan (AV gives that away), that had a lot to do with Rumble not being scary at lower weight classes. He was too drained. Rumble and Vitor at LHW would have been very different.

I remeber Anthony getting the better exchange on the feet and causing a big bruise on Vitors face...

You are the only one I have ever heard come away from watching that fight thinking Rumble won the standup.
Not saying he COULDN'T have, but he didn't. He was too afraid to try.

Back