Why was Mcmann stopped but not Brown

Obviously not stopping the Brown Silva fight in the first round proved to be the correct decision. Brown was never unconscious nor went limp during Silva's onslaught. Fights shouldn't be stopped for pain-filled facial expressions.

The lack of Sherdog love for Matt Brown is only matched by the hate they give out to Herb Dean - among the top 3 refs today. :cool:

And yes - they all make mistakes. (e.g., the McMann early stoppage)

Last edited:
Herb dean said he didn't want Mcmann to get punched in the face.

Herb is the worst ref in the business.. he's fucked up to many main events.

Obviously not stopping the Brown Silva fight in the first round proved to be the correct decision. Brown was never unconscious nor went limp during Silva's onslaught. Fights shouldn't be stopped for pain-filled facial expressions.

The lack of Sherdog love for Matt Brown is only matched by the hate they give out to Herb Dean - among the top 3 refs today. :cool:

And yes - they all make mistakes. (e.g., the McMann early stoppage)

I don't think much people even saw Ryan Ford vs Pete Spartt 1 to see Herb dean picking sides and how bad he really is

Ronda drops WBC champs. She has too much power. Herb saved McMann from a career ending injury.

I hope this little fucks given Herbal Dean is a permanent thing.

I don't think much people even saw Ryan Ford vs Pete Spartt 1 to see Herb dean picking sides and how bad he really is

He's one of the best. Deal with it. Or don't - it doesn't really matter. Plus, your conspiracy theories are mildly amusing.

Well, Brown just took a knee and immediatly grabed a single, started defending and getting back up. McMann kinda turtled up but was stopped way too early anyways.

Well, Brown just took a knee and immediatly grabed a single, started defending and getting back up. McMann kinda turtled up but was stopped way too early anyways.

The McMann stoppage was definitely too early. The second her knee went down it was stopped. Plus she wasn't eating blows at that moment.

The McMann stoppage was definitely too early. The second her knee went down it was stopped. Plus she wasn't eating blows at that moment.

I agree it was stopped prematurely, but Rousey did hit her (or pat her) 3 or 4 times in the head before she lifted her arms from her side.

they could have stopped it, i agree

home crowd maybe, main event, they could have stopped it

Herb dean knows Brown can take a hit. He been in that exact same position before. Mcmannn was stopped because they don't want to see girls get hit and they protect Ronda and WAMMA is a joke.

Herb Dean got it right this time. McMaan one was a bad decision IMO but that was in the past. He did a good job today so...

I agree it was stopped prematurely, but Rousey did hit her (or pat her) 3 or 4 times in the head before she lifted her arms from her side.

It looked more like Rousey was softly touching McMann's ears.

matt brown wasn't face planted holding his stomach

sara was on all fours looking down, matt was looking up at eric it just looks better from the refs view point

Back