Why was Jon Madsen from the heavyweight TUF cut from UFC?

I was also goofing around. I'm not really too familier with the look, I just thought big hairy gay dudes were called bears.

they are, just more well-manicured (in general, gonna finds slobs everywhere).

Bear look is more like Big Country while he was in IFL and TUF, short hair, trimmed beard. Duck dynasty slob is the current Big country.

Go watch one of his fights and you'll know why he was cut. Just another Rosholt.

that's a fair point. I can't pretend that isn't a sort "unspoken" policy at UFC. Still a shame but in the end, I think the heavy weights are exciting for crazy knockouts. And you're right, I don't wanna see the Rosholt's of the UFC fight.

Especially since Stipe isnt all that hard to hit.. (no disrespect, dude is a great fighter, but his defensive boxing is certainly not elite. Roy would look like a bad matchup for him. And thinking about it, so would Hunt...)

Huh??? Stipe schooled Roy and Hunt and showed great defensive boxing skills

Rosholt but possibly even more boring. On merit alone he probably deserved to stay, but he had a low ceiling and didn't put on exciting fights.

Hell at one point, before his loss to Stipe, I think Roy was getting close to a title shot. Hard to believe Struve of all people caught Stipe but Roy couldn't.

Maybe because, believe it or not, fighters actually improve after losses???

Ive always hought it was a poor cut.

Dude was 4-0 IIRC in UFC. He was boring, then in his 4th win went out and SMASHED Gilbert Yvel standing, that should've given him some slack. He loses once via doctor stoppage and cut. He was a solid HW.

Whoa i never heard that about Mike wessel. I googled it and it brought up this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/2y71ff/so_mike_wessel_was_the_tuf_racist/

I was reading through it and they're saying someone was gay in that season too? Seems like they're saying it was Justin Wren, but i don't think any self respecting gay guy would go full duck dynasty like Wren has. I figured maybe they were just joking on the dude who liked flowers?

Wren is married, so I doubt it. So was Rock Hudson though, but it still makes it a lot less likely.

Why did they cut Gerald Harris?

Because of a timekeeper error.

If that horn didn't come a couple seconds early, Harris probably taps to the RNC Falcao had locked in, we're saved the last two rounds of that fight, and he keeps his job for the time being.

Back