Why Volkanovski should be praised

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's beating the best of his division, who are also 4-5 inches taller that should be able to control him by keeping a distance. But inside the cage with Volk they just don't know how to, because this guy is outsmarting them all with constant movement. Potential attacks are coming from new angles all the time, and too fast to read.

Yes, his only finish lately is Chad Mendes and they're equally tall. But it's an accomplishment to even get your arm raised at the end against these bigger guys.

Guy is a tremendous fighter but he let his anger get the better of him and I’m a bit disappointed that Ortega wasn’t able to punish his indulgence with those subs

Not to mention being on a 20 fight winstreak

Defeating Holloway Twice

Neutralizing Jose Aldo

Finishing Chad Mendes

Being an equally dangerous ground fighter as he is a striker

Having impeccable cardio

Coming from a small gym

Having ZERO personal scandals or controversies attached to his name

Being very humble and an all around nice guy

Praise him for beating Ortega, definition of a chump. Beating up little passive Asian men at UFC events? Like come on, the guy deserves a good beating.

He’s legit and is the only fighter from that main event that deserves praise. Praising Ortega for being Homer Simpson is nuts. He got his ass beat all fight just like his last title shot. As long as Volk and Max are in the division he will never win the title.

With his display of Grit and Heart to survive those finishes and than turn it around on Ortega and damn near beat the piss out of him he's more than earned my respect. Max will always be my boy, but ya'll wont see me have a bad thing to say about him. I've always known he had that DOG in him, he showed it in the Mendes, but because he's technically levels above the rest, you don't see him indulge in that Dog...Well he did tonight and I enjoyed every second of it.

Volkanovski's the truth at FW. His 20 fight unbeaten streak so far is Impressive as well. Even if people don't come around to him after Saturday Night, he'll be a case of "Real Ones" knowing him, and that's all he needs, not a bunch of fickle casuals.

A lot of MMA fighters don’t move like he does or throw faints like him

FW is for guys his size..respect to him for not moving down to avoid taller fw who dont want to move up

Remembering the classic 5 Deadly Venoms movie

Volk definitely exhibited the toad last night
Unreal tough
My hat is off to the man

Volkanovski is a special athlete. he competed in rugby legit. look what he does in mma. short arse who can't be stopped.

Back