Why upgrade to Windows 10?

Just gonna slide this in here...

Screenshot_80_zpsjnyrwjyv.png

What does that even mean?

Do you not see the irony in browsing the thread about "spying" with a link to that Icloak USB in it then I notice that the Icloak advert is at the bottom claiming I'm being "spied" on?

So many levels to soak in the mentals.

Every time an upgrade is made we should have tough ?'s for the designer themselves to test there loyalty to the customer? :icon_chee

Do you not see the irony in browsing the thread about "spying" with a link to that Icloak USB in it then I notice that the Icloak advert is at the bottom claiming I'm being "spied" on?

So many levels to soak in the mentals.

HAHA, holy shit man, you went right over my head. That is remarkable. I just mention the product and its on your adverts instantly? That is some efficient shit.

Lol at the paranoia in this thread. Oh no they data mine they are going to spy on everything!

Pretty ignorant thoughts. Turn off all the options, configure a firewall, and use a VPN to encrypt traffic and you're more than fine against 99.99% of crap.

Yeah because the average person knows how to use a VPN to encrypt traffic.

Most people buy a computer or upgrade to Win10 and then start using it. Unless you're actively searching for it or run across a thread or article like this, you have no idea what's going on. It's not like there's a big red alert across the screen that Microsoft is about to spy on everything you do in and around your computer.

Yeah because the average person knows how to use a VPN to encrypt traffic.

Most people buy a computer or upgrade to Win10 and then start using it. Unless you're actively searching for it or run across a thread or article like this, you have no idea what's going on. It's not like there's a big red alert across the screen that Microsoft is about to spy on everything you do in and around your computer.

They don't even need to know the intricacies of how a VPN works. You literally just download/install it and then run it. Plenty of services out there that do it all. It's not like you have to go out and buy a Cisco firewall and configure it yourself.

VPN won't do you any good. Everything you type still gets sent out to MS. Eventually, you'll type something that'll reference your real name and info. Like email content, usernames that have had been logged on on a computer without a VPN, Youtube for example. Credit card info from buying something online, bills, etc.. Having a VPN only will have MS redflag you and you'll be under an even bigger microscope by the NSA. Anyone with VPN and any type of encryption enabled is an automatic red flag.

VPN won't do you any good. Everything you type still gets sent out to MS. Eventually, you'll type something that'll reference your real name and info. Like email content, usernames that have had been logged on on a computer without a VPN, Youtube for example. Credit card info from buying something online, bills, etc.. Having a VPN only will have MS redflag you and you'll be under an even bigger microscope by the NSA. Anyone with VPN and any type of encryption enabled is an automatic red flag.

That's why I linked an alternative. By using an ICloak stick you never log in to your hard drive or the microsoft operating system. You computer appears completely idle even when you are using it. Its not perfect but for people who want an easy plug in solution for secure e-mail and surfing, it works.

I heard windows 10 can block pirated software.

Except that you can use a pirated version of 7 with a pirated version of Office and after the upgrade they are both fully activated with product key lol.

Except that you can use a pirated version of 7 with a pirated version of Office and after the upgrade they are both fully activated with product key lol.

Why do you think Microsoft would do that? Give an operating system worth millions if not billions away completely free and even let you upgrade from a pirated version. Why would they do such a thing, what would their motivation be?

Why do you think Microsoft would do that? Give an operating system worth millions if not billions away completely free and even let you upgrade from a pirated version. Why would they do such a thing, what would their motivation be?

Lol so what? You think that's the only way you're being spied on? And what are they really going to do to me anyway?

vpn won't do you any good. Everything you type still gets sent out to ms. Eventually, you'll type something that'll reference your real name and info. Like email content, usernames that have had been logged on on a computer without a vpn, youtube for example. Credit card info from buying something online, bills, etc.. Having a vpn only will have ms redflag you and you'll be under an even bigger microscope by the nsa. Anyone with vpn and any type of encryption enabled is an automatic red flag.

lol.

Lol so what? You think that's the only way you're being spied on? And what are they really going to do to me anyway?

No I think you are spied on by the F.B.I., the NSA, the IRS, all major corporations, fusion centers, and also foreign countries. You can, however, severely limit their capability to spy on you if you want to.

Look the more technology you accept and use, the more you open yourself up to shit like this, unfortunately it's inevitable, a trade off we all make for comforts of technology..

No I think you are spied on by the F.B.I., the NSA, the IRS, all major corporations, fusion centers, and also foreign countries. You can, however, severely limit their capability to spy on you if you want to.

I really don't care enough to want to

To charge for a service later on. Much like OSx, they can make you pay a small fee for updates at some point. Giving it away for free at first also gets a lot of feedback (especially from those that leave all the options on) to customize that operating system much better and keep reeling people in.

I really don't care enough to want to

Right, and that's fine, I have no problem with that. I prefer to remain as secure as possible as a matter of principle. I've actually taken quite a few steps to ensure that as much as possible.

Right, and that's fine, I have no problem with that. I prefer to remain as secure as possible as a matter of principle. I've actually taken quite a few steps to ensure that as much as possible.

Yeah to each his own, I've just accepted that everything I use that connects to a network can/will be monitored..

Where is the evidence that all these claims are true?

That doesn't exactly look like a credible, independent website.

Back