Media Why UFC232 was REALLY moved and Jones allowed to fight...

To be fair Lawlor didn't fight his suspension, he just accepted it where as JBJ fought it and USADA didn't have enough science/evidence to point to a new ingestion.

That's how I understood it to be, USADA was going to lose anyways so they decided to give JBJ the benefit of the doubt. Do I agree with them? No, but I understand from face value why they did.

That isn't true about Lawlor
He fought it until it became too expense to keep going
He obviously didn't have Jones money or UFC behind him

That isn't true about Lawlor
He fought it until it became too expense to keep going
He obviously didn't have Jones money or UFC behind him

I stand corrected then, I thought he didn't fight the suspension. What was expensive about it? Does USADA test his supplements and what not? What was it costing him, since he couldn't fight under the suspension anyways?

I stand corrected then, I thought he didn't fight the suspension. What was expensive about it? Does USADA test his supplements and what not? What was it costing him, since he couldn't fight under the suspension anyways?

I don't remember exactly
I heard him say a few weeks ago that if he couldn't afford to go further & already spent a lot of money.

Maybe they charge to test supplements after the fact?
I honestly don't know for sure

I don't remember exactly
I heard him say a few weeks ago that if he couldn't afford to go further & already spent a lot of money.

Maybe they charge to test supplements after the fact?
I honestly don't know for sure

No worries, I trust your opinion on this more than myself, as it was just something I remember hearing about and don't remember exactly from where.

@suffersystem

Found this

“I have got a life I’ve got to worry about, regardless of UFC/USADA,” Lawlor told Helwani on Monday, noting that it costs $2700 to go to arbitration.

That was after he was told he would need to cover any further testing & they asked him to pay for some of the supplement testing they already did, but backed off it

Last edited:
To be fair Lawlor didn't fight his suspension, he just accepted it where as JBJ fought it and USADA didn't have enough science/evidence to point to a new ingestion.

That's how I understood it to be, USADA was going to lose anyways so they decided to give JBJ the benefit of the doubt. Do I agree with them? No, but I understand from face value why they did.
This sends a clear message to future offenders:
NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING!
Fight as long as you can and you will probably get away with it.

Poor Machida, putting 7-Keto-Dhea right there on his official form... he thought USADA would be lenient if he was honest about his mistake... looks like it's the other way around.

Lol, explains his privilege
Exactly, fuckin white boys always having programs to help them get jobs whether they are actually the most qualified candidate or not to satisfy the PC culture and insure company's are diverse and represent all races and genders equally.

Lucky bastards just became the most successful people in history thanks to everything being handed to them because of there skin color and privilege. They never had to work or fight for anything in there entire existence!!

It would be pretty interesting if the NFL and NBA had to test the same way as the UFC. I don't think there would be many "A level athletes" left...

Any way you look at it, this was probably the most corrupt shit the UFC has ever pulled. And that's saying something.

Kinda makes you wonder what they changed in that "New Contract" with USADA, doesn't it?

Fucking joke.

If the ufc wanted to lose usada they would just end the employment since they pay usada. Usada was brought in to give legitamacy to the sport so they could get TV deals etc. Now they don't need usada imo so I'm good with giving them the boot. It would at least end cheating if it were legal to use peds. It would help the fighters body heal etc and in the end give the fans better fights with less injuries and lost fights. It's not like usada is stopping people who want to cycle, so it would only help imo.

Dumbass thread got shot down in the first two responses

Cliffs:
Not about making money (they probably lost more money by moving the event than they would have by removing the Jones fight from the card)

Not with 700k buys

Last edited:
Thanks, very informative article, yet it raises concern rather than establish Jones' innocence.
A few snippets:

There are still many questions, some of which cannot be answered by published, peer-reviewed science. How could a steroid metabolite remain in Jones’ system for 17 months or longer? Does that steroid metabolite — as small as it may be — have any performance-enhancing benefits? And even if it doesn’t, should someone still be allowed to compete with something like that in their system?
The most recent published science on oral Turinabol was in 2011, a study done by Russian scientists Tim Sobolevsky and Grigory Rodchenkov. The study estimates that the detection window of the M3 metabolite (the one found in Jones’ system) is 40 to 50 days.
MMA Fighting reached out to Sobolevsky, who declined to comment on this case.
“I do not think it is a good idea for me to speak publicly on this controversial topic,” Sobolevsky wrote in an e-mail.
Multiple other scientists and anti-doping experts reached also did not want to discuss the situation on the record. An e-mail message sent to Eichner was not returned.
“In conclusion, I cannot determine with any certainty when, at what dose, or what chlorinated anabolic steroid was ingested that gave rise to the July, 2017 result,” Bowers wrote.
There are legitimate reasons to look at this situation with skepticism. The UFC has presented inconsistencies. UFC president Dana White said multiple times earlier this week that the Dec. 9 test was the only one of Jones’ that came back adverse. Novitzky revealed Thursday on Joe Rogan’s podcast that Jones had the M3 metabolite in his system in August and September.

That information was not given to the Nevada commission, which was supposed to be sanctioning UFC 232, until early December. And it was not given to the California commission before its licensing hearing for Jones on Dec. 11. Jones’ license was revoked in California back in February for the July 2017 positive drug test and he needed to go back in front of the commission to get it back. Novitzky admitted Friday that those could have been oversights. (LOL)
One question that may never be answered is just exactly how Jones ended up with a long-term Turinabol metabolite in his system and how long it has been there.
Conte said that positive test makes things “highly suspicious,” because of those drugs’ roles as post-cycle therapy for steroid users. Conte said he has been questioning Jones going back to 2015 when lab results came back showing Jones had lower levels of testosterone than he deemed normal.
“That in itself, it’s like what caused that?” Conte said “That’s cause for suspicion. It’s like where there’s smoke, there’s fire.”

This makes sense to me.

*The UFC is in the process of ditching USADA and adopting a more lax policy on PED testing in the same manner as other major sports - NFL, MLB, etc. They bit off more than they could chew bringing in USADA in the first place.

*They have to give the impression that the testing is just too stringent, so who better to use than a guy that’s repeatedly popped.

*We may be headed back to the days of jacked up muscleheads and juiced Brazillian fighters lol.

Take off the tin foil hat kid. They just renewed.

Back