Media Why UFC232 was REALLY moved and Jones allowed to fight...

Like a bad sherdog thread...

no fighters are allowed to be on ped's.
Jon Jones had Turinabol in his sample and was allowed to fight. Moreover, he is allowed to "pulse" metabolites for the next 7 years. Other people (Mir, Lawlor) got banned for years in the same situation. Lawlor had 17 picograms - 2 year ban. Jones had 60-80 - no ban, no suspension, nothing.

Would make sense except they just agreed to a new contract with USADA that calls for even more testing

That is a really bad take considering it is widely known that UFC just renewed the USADA deal & amped up testing for 2019

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/ufc-renews-usada-contract-will-increase-testing-by-30-to-40-percent

Amid public furor over its treatment of Jon Jones, the UFC has renewed its commitment to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

UFC VP of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky announced Thursday that the promotion has signed another contract to extend its anti-doping program, which has been administered by USADA over the past three years.

During an extended interview on the “JRE MME Show,” Novitzky said the new deal will take the total number of yearly drug tests conducted by USADA from 2700 to between 4300 and 4400. The change amounts to a 59 to 62 percent increase.

The UFC first signed on with USADA in 2015, becoming the first major professional sporting league to hand over drug testing to the third-party agency. The original deal expires on Dec. 31.

They just want the image of a clean sport. (Apparently it's working - all they needed to do to make people relax about Pulsing was resign USADA, the frauds pushing pulsing based on some Russian guy who tested his own turinabol soaked piss).
If you're following along, they don't even have to announce drug failings anymore. When they do, they get months to make up stories about Pulsing.

Can this guy even math?

350K PPV nets you ~ $23,000,000
700K PPV nets you ~ $46,000,000

Im sure the extra $23 Mill covered all of the expenses, and then some.

Not saying the gist of what he's saying is wrong, but financials are just completely off. These figures are without HD too.

Can't stand that dudes lifelong smoker voice.

This dude uses conspiracy logic and people eat it up lmfao
Remember when he thought Floyd was shook because of the weigh ins against Conor?

Any way you look at it, this was probably the most corrupt shit the UFC has ever pulled. And that's saying something.
Conspiracy theorist identified

That is a really bad take considering it is widely known that UFC just renewed the USADA deal & amped up testing for 2019

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/12/ufc-renews-usada-contract-will-increase-testing-by-30-to-40-percent

Amid public furor over its treatment of Jon Jones, the UFC has renewed its commitment to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

UFC VP of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky announced Thursday that the promotion has signed another contract to extend its anti-doping program, which has been administered by USADA over the past three years.

During an extended interview on the “JRE MME Show,” Novitzky said the new deal will take the total number of yearly drug tests conducted by USADA from 2700 to between 4300 and 4400. The change amounts to a 59 to 62 percent increase.

The UFC first signed on with USADA in 2015, becoming the first major professional sporting league to hand over drug testing to the third-party agency. The original deal expires on Dec. 31.
Dont let logic and facts fool you Frankie

This dude uses a deep voice and a cartoon character, so you know his takes are as legit as they come.

Can this guy even math?

350K PPV nets you ~ $23,000,000
700K PPV nets you ~ $46,000,000

Im sure the extra $23 Mill covered all of the expenses, and then some.

Not saying the gist of what he's saying is wrong, but financials are just completely off. These figures are without HD too.

Can't stand that dudes lifelong smoker voice.

Your figures are off.
UFC got 50-55% of traditional PPV and about 70-80% of iPPV
Traditional is about 80 percent of purchases

After watching this pulsing bullshit roll out - how can anyone say that keeping USADA around for "more tests " will do anything???

How? Please explain. @FrankieNYC @Threetrees I know I haven't got 10k plus posts but please... Entertain me ?

Jon Jones had Turinabol in his sample and was allowed to fight. Moreover, he is allowed to "pulse" metabolites for the next 7 years. Other people (Mir, Lawlor) got banned for years in the same situation. Lawlor had 17 picograms - 2 year ban. Jones had 60-80 - no ban, no suspension, nothing.
Jones was already banned.

This makes sense to me.

*The UFC is in the process of ditching USADA and adopting a more lax policy on PED testing in the same manner as other major sports - NFL, MLB, etc. They bit off more than they could chew bringing in USADA in the first place.

*They have to give the impression that the testing is just too stringent, so who better to use than a guy that’s repeatedly popped.

*We may be headed back to the days of jacked up muscleheads and juiced Brazillian fighters lol.

Except it was confirmed two weeks ago that the contract with usada has been renewed and testing is going to increase by 40% in 2019

So no, dumb theory

/thread

not sure why you quoted me since I never commented in a way for you to ask me to "entertain" you
You said it was a bad take because UFC resigned USADA.
I can't see how, given they don't have to reveal failures and they can control the narrative. It seems USADA have been proven corrupt so...
I was hoping, since you brought up USADA being resigned , you could explain how people are supposed to take this seriously. Why would it matter how many tests when they are corrupt. That's what I meant by "entertain me" (please explain how you see this as a bad take).

Except it was confirmed two weeks ago that the contract with usada has been renewed and testing is going to increase by 40% in 2019

So no, dumb theory

/thread
Seriously respect your spreadsheet and this is a legit question: do you think 40% more testing - by the pulsing people - will result in fewer drug cheats ?
Do you think they'll use any of the 40% to retrospectively look for Pulsing in old samples (IE Olympics)

You said it was a bad take because UFC resigned USADA.
I can't see how, given they don't have to reveal failures and they can control the narrative. It seems USADA have been proven corrupt so...
I was hoping, since you brought up USADA being resigned , you could explain how people are supposed to take this seriously. Why would it matter how many tests when they are corrupt. That's what I meant by "entertain me" (please explain how you see this as a bad take).

I said it was a bad take because his whole point was UFC was dropping USADA when it is/was a well-known fact they just re-upped the contract.

Regarding the test being corrupt ...
That is not really true.
The test(ing) doesn't seem compromised ... they are catching people & they caught Jones with something in his system.

It what happens after the results that raise MANY questions.

So when you point blame & possible corruption, to make a better argument point to what happens after the results of the test come back.
Things like UFC not announcing failures & obviously the Jones/232 clusterfuck

I said it was a bad take because his whole point was UFC was dropping USADA when it is/was a well-known fact they just re-upped the contract.

Regarding the test being corrupt ...
That is not really true.
The test(ing) doesn't seem compromised ... they are catching people & they caught Jones with something in his system.

It what happens after the results that raise MANY questions.

So when you point blame & possible corruption, to make a better argument point to what happens after the results of the test come back.
Things like UFC not announcing failures & obviously the Jones/232 clusterfuck
I actually have a lot of Q's about BEFORE the results. IE: WHY did USADA go on a world tour to find experts to prove pulsing ON BEHALF OF JONES . Normally during the trial a fighter does that in their own defence ? After being suspended, right ?

Nah. The UFC will keep the USADA deal. Soon we will see a death or serious brain injury in the UFC, And then they can prove they did everything in their power to avoid it.

Usada changes nothing. The good camps
Have adapted, And have good solutions for that. Usada follow people they suspect, And test them a lot:

The top 3 most tested guys in 2018 were also among the most tested in 2017 And even 2016.. they still found nothing that could stick, even if they found something suspicious.

The event was moved because California was too slow.

I actually have a lot of Q's about BEFORE the results. IE: WHY did USADA go on a world tour to find experts to prove pulsing ON BEHALF OF JONES . Normally during the trial a fighter does that in their own defence ? After being suspended, right ?

You are confusing when the results come back & when the results get announced

You are confusing when the results come back & when the results get announced
Nothing makes sense to me now that pulsing is real. I live in a constant state of confusion. Apparently hiring USADA is good PR directly after the biggest corruption ever? Because more tests. okay.

Nothing makes sense to me now that pulsing is real. I live in a constant state of confusion. Apparently hiring USADA is good PR directly after the biggest corruption ever? Because more tests. okay.

You have every right to be suspect of how UFC/USADA/AC's handle failures.

UFC 232 was a clusterfuck for sure.

I'm just pointing you in the proper direction so your complaints seem valid.

The actual test are not the issue. They are catching things.
Everything after that? Different story

Back