Why UFC wont announce Rory/Lombard just yet

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
They want to see how the Gasteleum/Woodley fight plays out and dont want to kill a contender just yet

Lets face it, the UFC benefits from Gast beating Woodley

If Woodley wins, its too short notice to fight Brown, he wont fight Lombard and he already lost to Rory.

If Gast wins, he fights Rory and we'll probably see Lombard fight Matt Brown

The UFC doesnt want to match up Brown vs the Gast/Woodley winner, so probably Brown would fight a Rick Story.

I also see the UFC giving Condit a winnable fight in his return, but a legit name, maybe the winner of Ellenberger/Koscheck

As for Nick Diaz, if he wins against Anderson, he probably demands a title shot in either division, but if he loses, he probably takes some time off.

Because first they need to say that they have some "fucking big, fucking huge announcement to make".

They want to see how the Gasteleum/Woodley fight plays out and dont want to kill a contender just yet

Lets face it, the UFC benefits from Gast beating Woodley

If Woodley wins, its too short notice to fight Brown, he wont fight Lombard and he already lost to Rory.

If Gast wins, he fights Rory and we'll probably see Lombard fight Matt Brown

The UFC doesnt want to match up Brown vs the Gast/Woodley winner, so probably Brown would fight a Rick Story.

I also see the UFC giving Condit a winnable fight in his return, but a legit name, maybe the winner of Ellenberger/Koscheck

As for Nick Diaz, if he wins against Anderson, he probably demands a title shot in either division, but if he loses, he probably takes some time off.

I think it will be announced soon that Brown will fight Lombard

Good fight but I think Rory would smack him around

OFFTOPIC: I just realized that if (and that's a big if) Diaz wins against Silva, the UFC would have a pretty good angle for marketing Diaz vs Lawler. Diaz did knock him out earlier in his career after all.

I kind of agree with TS, that they probably want to keep their options open. I think they'd prefer Gastelum, Rory, Condit and Brown as contenders over Lombard and Woodley. Lombard and Woodley are hit or miss and have froze up in bigger fights.

Naw i just dont think they want lombard to get a shot

OFFTOPIC: I just realized that if (and that's a big if) Diaz wins against Silva, the UFC would have a pretty good angle for marketing Diaz vs Lawler. Diaz did knock him out earlier in his career after all.
Yeah, I'm sure that thought just occurred to you...and I just invented pizza. It just so happens some guy did before me too, but I'm not just stealing his thoughts and ideas.

I don't care what happens as long as I don't have to see an another Hendricks lawler fight

If they want to eliminate Lombard as a contender forever they should feed him to Rory. Hector is slow and plodding and will get chewed apart from range and will not be able to implement his judo.

Lombard vs Brown is a hard match up too. He would fare much better against the flat footed Lawler, Hendricks, or woodely.

Actually he is champion material. He could beat any one of those guys.

He could mabe beat Lawler, woodely, and Hendricks because they'll stand and trade with him like there isn't yards of room, but he will not beat great strikers that have reach on him like Condit, Brown, MacDonald

He could mabe beat Lawler, woodely, and Hendricks because they'll stand and trade with him like there isn't yards of room, but he will not beat great strikers that have reach on him like Condit, Brown, MacDonald

You just named 2 guys that get hit a lot and a guy who relies on his jab which won't work as well against a southpaw like Lombard. I favor Lombard over all of them with Rory having the best chance at an upset.

I don't care what happens as long as I don't have to see an another Hendricks lawler fight

Well sadly we're going to see a 3rd fight but hopefully thats the end all be all

Well sadly we're going to see a 3rd fight but hopefully thats the end all be all

I'd be all for Hendricks beating a few guys and getting back there for a third fight but it's such a waste right now.

Back