Why UFC gloves are black?

You could also argue that they don't want anything taking focus away from the actual fighter. Colorful gear etc might draw attention to the gear instead of the fighter.

You have to be drooling idiot if colored gloves makes it hard for you to concentrate on the fight. Anyway, I personally don't care that much about it. I just sometimes wish that the fighters weren't so bland looking.

what do you want them to be, the colors of the rainbow?

who gives a shit what color they are

stop...don't act like gloves the color of GSP's taint wouldn't get you all hot and bothered.

I have just concluded a meta-analysis of YouTube comments and I believe the answer is because black = violence.

I remember a lot of Fedor fans claimed that his white gloves hindered him

fedor-henderson_display_image.jpg

You have to be drooling idiot if colored gloves makes it hard for you to concentrate on the fight. Anyway, I personally don't care that much about it. I just sometimes wish that the fighters weren't so bland looking.
I don't know, I don't really care either way to be honest. I couldn't care less about what the fighters are wearing inside or outside the cage.

I remember a lot of Fedor fans claimed that his white gloves hindered him

fedor-henderson_display_image.jpg

White gloves reduce speed and explosiveness.

They'll give you an advantage at working hard, though.

Also, you're less likely to get pulled over.

I remember the revolution when we switched from white wrist tape to red or blue wrist tape. It was like opening a pack of Skittles

because uniformity prevents stupid disputes like what weight/brand gloves fighters are allowed to use.

That's only an issue if the fighter is allowed to pick his own gloves. What if the UFC offered their gloves to fighters in a variety of colours? Still the same make/model/weight, still say UFC on them, but just in colours other than black.

black absorbs more light energy. The gloves store it and convert it to kinetic energy. this equals more ko's . Simple really.

When did the UFC sign Remy "Gambit" LeBeau?

fighters should be able to choose what color gloves they want. i would pick rainbow colors

Back