Why UFC dont sign more LHW's ?

It’s not necessarily about the champions. It’s about who they push. PVZ and Sage come to mind immediately as fighters who got unusually strong pushes.
I remember talks about Khabib few years back how he went from the bottom of top 10 to top 5 without fighting (he wasn't fighting for two years or something because of injuries). I've seen here something like that too recently, like if I'm not mistaken Nate Diaz, Magomedsharipov and Ortega are moving up in UFC rankings without fighting (I think only Magomedsharipov is White out of 3 of them and he black haired and with brown eyes).
Oh and these talks here that at BW both Aldo and Yan didn't deserved a shot at the title. And from what I understand both of them are of mixed race origin.
Or look at latest UFC star -- Chimaev, with dark hair and dark eyes.

I remember talks about Khabib few years back how he went from the bottom of top 10 to top 5 without fighting (he wasn't fighting for two years or something because of injuries). I've seen here something like that too recently, like if I'm not mistaken Nate Diaz, Magomedsharipov and Ortega are moving up in UFC rankings without fighting (I think only Magomedsharipov is White out of 3 of them and he black haired and with brown eyes).
Oh and these talks here that at BW both Aldo and Yan didn't deserved a shot at the title. And from what I understand both of them are of mixed race origin.
Or look at latest UFC star -- Chimaev, with dark hair and dark eyes.
Dude you’re really hurt. Stop crying man. It’s not that deep, it’s not my business, and it’s not me making the decisions. But if you think UFC wants all Russian champions you’re out of your mind. There’s a reason all your cousins and siblings aren’t being signed. Sorry bud. Truth hurts.

Just because they say it doesn’t mean it’s true.

Also the UFC they are always signing new talent even with LHWs it’s just that UFC scouts have decided to sign different talent from what you suggested
Yes UFC does a good job of adding talent it’s not like dinosaur Rua is on a solid run anymore and fellow dinosaur Glover from two decades ago is about to earn a title shot

Dude you’re really hurt. Stop crying man. It’s not that deep, it’s not my business, and it’s not me making the decisions. But if you think UFC wants all Russian champions you’re out of your mind. There’s a reason all your cousins and siblings aren’t being signed. Sorry bud. Truth hurts.
Oh, you just trolling. OK.

Or maybe you are underestimating older fighters....
It’s funny when an older fighter is in Bellator they are “washed up” or a “castoff” but when they’re in UFC it’s “you’re underestimating older fighters...” The hypocrisy and double standards are just comical. Shogun is done. UFC’s LHW is in a terrible state of affairs. They just let a top 5 go and they let 2 other top 5’s in Bader and Davis go too. And now you’re stuck w Shogun in the top 10.

It’s funny when an older fighter is in Bellator they are “washed up” or a “castoff” but when they’re in UFC it’s “you’re underestimating older fighters...” The hypocrisy and double standards are just comical. Shogun is done. UFC’s LHW is in a terrible state of affairs. They just let a top 5 go and they let 2 other top 5’s in Bader and Davis go too. And now you’re stuck w Shogun in the top 10.

I think Ken shamrock is a little different than Shogun lol. Shogun ain't even that old his knees just don't allow him to fight like he used to so he started fighting different and still wins pretty often

Shogun is #15 and Glover?? Did u see his performance vs Smith?? He is machine!!!

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/8539c4b795d33a92

Jones ruined the division. He cleared it for 3 generation and still hold the belt undefeated so no one is gonna come out.

This is insane.

The two most popular stars in the history of the company, Khabib and Conor, aren’t even American.

In fact they only have 2 American champions on the UFC roster and only one is white.

Your conspiracy theory doesn’t even make sense financially. If anything the UFC wants more Chinese champions so they can expand in that market. Hence why they are personally recruiting training their own team China.

UFC apparently does have a limit on Russian fighters, fighter's managers have said it's basically a one in one out policy at the moment.

That's the only logical reason guys like Magomed Magomedov, Rustam Kerimov and Albert Tumenov aren't getting signed.

UFC apparently does have a limit on Russian fighters, fighter's managers have said it's basically a one in one out policy at the moment.

That's the only logical reason guys like Magomed Magomedov, Rustam Kerimov and Albert Tumenov aren't getting signed.

I don't doubt it but I also believe that they have have limit for American Fighters, British fighters, Brazilian Fighters, Female fighters etc.

What I'm objecting to is the idea they only want American champions.

@GueseGuy Said they don't want 8 Russian Champions. (By the way there are 11 UFC champions not 8) Well they don't want 11 American Champions, 11 Brazilian Champions, 11 Mexican Champions etc. either

The UFC has been working to become a global sport. To do this they want a diverse roster with fighters from every region that they market as stars to different demographics.

There is a reason why they are building training centers in Shanghai, Mexico City, India, and so forth. And it's not to create more American stars

We've recently seen quite a few new guys who rise up the rankings very rapidly - but as soon as they lose their hype is diminished big time.
Walker, Rakic,Volkan, Smith. To a lesser extent Krylov and Cirkunov. And now the same would happen to Jiri if he lost.

I don't think the joy of a new prospect lasts all that long.
As LHW fans we need to find a way to appreciate the guys already in the division more than we do now.
I remember talks about Khabib few years back how he went from the bottom of top 10 to top 5 without fighting (he wasn't fighting for two years or something because of injuries). I've seen here something like that too recently, like if I'm not mistaken Nate Diaz, Magomedsharipov and Ortega are moving up in UFC rankings without fighting
Moving up the rankings without fighting isn't that strange.
When a top fighter leaves the division a whole bunch of fighters will move up automatically.
When someone loses badly, they could drop in the rankings and get bypassed by someone who hasn't fought recently just because that guy also hasn't lost recently.

Last edited:

Islam Mahkachev has move significantly up the ranking without fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if he cracked the top ten during the build up for his next fight

Just thinking about LHW, I would truly love to see Reyes and Santos fight someone again.

You can't say LHW is dead when you have 2 guys who arguably beat Jones, that haven't fought since.
There's so exciting fights to be had once the are back.
Islam Mahkachev has move significantly up the ranking without fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if he cracked the top ten during the build up for his next fight
Yeah! After his last win in september 2019 he became #15. And now he's #10.

But it's quite natural that he moved up a few spots as Pettis & Barboza left and Cerrone's rating went down (and he might also move to WW)

Some weird stuff though is that Islam passed Gillespie and Hernandez.
Gillespie was #12 after his loss to Lee and suddenly, in may, Islam passed him - despite none of them fighting. I guess it's just cause Lee lost.
Hernandez was #14 after his Cerrone fight. Then he goes on to beat Trinaldo, but loses one more, and falls off the rankings.
So looks like staying inactive beats going 1-1.

Last edited:
Just thinking about LHW, I would truly love to see Reyes and Santos fight someone again.

You can't say LHW is dead when you have 2 guys who arguably beat Jones, that haven't fought since.
There's so exciting fights to be had once the are back.
Yeah! After his last win in september 2019 he became #15. And now he's #10.

But it's quite natural that he moved up a few spots as Pettis & Barboza left and Cerrone's rating went down (and he might also move to WW)

Some weird stuff though is that Islam passed Gillespie and Hernandez.
Gillespie was #12 after his loss to Lee and suddenly, in may, Islam passed him - despite none of them fighting. I guess it's just cause Lee lost.
Hernandez was #14 after his Cerrone fight. Then he goes on to beat Trinaldo, but loses one more, and falls off the rankings.
So looks like staying inactive beats going 1-1.

I generally do believe that hype and recency bias influence the voting habits of the panel members who make the rankings

I don't doubt it but I also believe that they have have limit for American Fighters, British fighters, Brazilian Fighters, Female fighters etc.

What I'm objecting to is the idea they only want American champions.

@GueseGuy Said they don't want 8 Russian Champions. (By the way there are 11 UFC champions not 8) Well they don't want 11 American Champions, 11 Brazilian Champions, 11 Mexican Champions etc. either

The UFC has been working to become a global sport. To do this they want a diverse roster with fighters from every region that they market as stars to different demographics.

There is a reason why they are building training centers in Shanghai, Mexico City, India, and so forth. And it's not to create more American stars
Obviously that’s the point. That was a bit hyperbolic when I said they only want the American blue eyes blonde because I was referring to PVZ and Sage as a joke. But they don’t want all Russian champs. They’d prefer to have fighters from everywhere. And I know there’s 11 champs but I don’t really watch wmma.

I dont know much about this incident to be honest but seems like happened in 2016 - migrant crisis and if u know what situation was like in Germany..
When it comes to nativist violence versus the dangers of refugees, Americans are too quick to jump in and judge the former. This is not 1936. There is an actual invasion.

Back