Why UFC dont do tournaments like in Bellator?

-There was no reason to have a FW Grand Prix, WW Grand Prix, or even LHW Grand Prix. That type of shit holds up the division, drags on forever, and fighters always get injured or fall out of the tourney or whatever.
How is the the LHW Grand Prix holding up the division? The champ Vadim Nemkov is in the tournament. If he keeps winning he'll fight 3 times with the belt on the line each time.

That tourney's already falling apart and it hasnt even started yet
First round is 3/4 done and the only match that fell apart was Yoel's

bleacherreport.com/articles/607193-top-five-reasons-why-the-ufc-doesnt-do-tournaments

That tourney's already falling apart and it hasnt even started yet

This. They just don't work in MMA. The strikeforce HW grand prix fell apart too. It created DC but absolutely no one gave a fuck about DC at that point. He was a last minute replacement. Iirc the whole idea was hopefully to get overeem and fedor fighting in the final on ppv. Instead it was josh Barnett and DC. Fedor got beaten into a living death by bigfoot. Reem straight up walked away from the whole thing. All this took over a year to play out. No thanks

Because UFC wants to pick and choose who their champions are. Despite popular belief, the best isn’t always the champ in UFC. Sometimes it’s just the guy the UFC wants to be champion.

The tournaments suck nowadays due to being g spread over multiple events so it just feels like normal fights. Plus the long time between makes more drop outs and fuck ups happen so the tournament never runs smoothly and always has an air of illegitimacy to it.

Because they aren’t shit like Bellator. Feel free to go watch that crap if you want.

The tournaments suck nowadays due to being g spread over multiple events so it just feels like normal fights. Plus the long time between makes more drop outs and fuck ups happen so the tournament never runs smoothly and always has an air of illegitimacy to it.
I dont mind it being spread over normal events. The PRIDE GP's were like that and it was fine.

Its just that in today's mma climate,It just doesnt really work anymore.

UFC can't afford that Million dollar prize money for the winner. Obvious.

men are fragile now. They need plenty of notice and a good 8 weeks on twitter between pulling out of fights
So very few live by the creed Anyone, anytime.
more are starting to realize that macho creed just leaves them broken, suffering from CTE, and broke

Guys are looking at it for what it is now, prize fighting. Trying to secure the most wealth they can since their career can be over after any given fight

more are starting to realize that macho creed just leaves them broken, suffering from CTE, and broke

Guys are looking at it for what it is now, prize fighting. Trying to secure the most wealth they can since their career can be over after any given fight
It isnt that. Its just that the prize has to be worth it. Imagine they made a GP that the prize was 100 million. Ok then you will get people wanting to fight 8 times in one hour.

MMA is not at the point where you could have the best fighters battle it out for 100 k anymore

it used to be,but not anymore.

Dana and the Fertittas( when they were around)made it clear way back when ....no open weight and no tourneys. Open weight will probably never be an option but I can see the UFC being, in the future, more flexible with tournaments ..... as a once in awhile thing and that really depends on ample talent in a specific class.

Dana and the Fertittas( when they were around)made it clear way back when ....no open weight and no tourneys. Open weight will probably never be an option but I can see the UFC being, in the future, more flexible with tournaments ..... as a once in awhile thing.
Doubt it.

Their rankings system is as close as we are goin to get.

Doubt it.

Their rankings system is as close as we are goin to get.
Yeah - I just added/edit an important condition under the latter ( I really dont see it either but under certain circumstances and the fans pushing....who knows)

Like the 8-man grandprix?

I don't think it's fighters can handle 3 fights in 1 night.

Yeah - I just added/edit an important condition under the latter ( I really dont see it either but under certain circumstances and the fans pushing....who knows)
The most they do is have nights where you see Conor/Porier with Hooker and chandler as the co main

Tbh those are fun nights

Back