1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Opinion Why this isn't headlining every news outlet?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Sonny Qc, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:05 AM.

1. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Platinum Member

I agree -- but the study I linked shows prevention as well.

2. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

Fair enough, I didn't clock that it was a link and just thought you were writing in big red writing for some reason.

3. Officer Rick Citadel Of Ricks Belt Platinum Member

same :)

Isop and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  4. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Platinum Member

Would you like a tutorial on hyperlink in html?

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  5. Heisenboom 33 Platinum Member

Asprin will be bad soon.

6. TheRealWill Brown Belt

Wish the vaccines were held to that standard of research.

I think an aspirin or two a day would be safer than the first ever mRNA vaccine with zero successful (but plenty unsuccessful) long term studies m

lilelvis likes this.
  7. Diogenes of Sinope Red Belt

8. jx820 Silver Belt

Hospitals were flooded a month ago when people were poisoning themselves with relatively difficult to get ivermectin. Before that they were drinking bleach. People really need to get medical advice from a doctor and not the news.

This is the relavant conclusion to one of the studies (taken from the National Library of Medicine):
    "a low-dose aspirin regimen for primary prevention of arterial thromboembolism in patients aged 40-70 years who are at high atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk, or an intermediate risk with a risk-enhancer and have a low risk of bleeding. Aspirin's protective roles in COVID-19 associated with acute lung injury, vascular thrombosis without previous cardiovascular disease and mortality need further randomised controlled trials to establish causal conclusions."​

It's good for some high risk patients. I'm sure doctors are using this information.

But we don't need every jackass on Parler and Facebook sharing cliffs notes from the Blaze and telling each other "you don't need the shot, a doctor, or a hospital. You can treat it at home with asprin and vitamins."

9. Strychnine Titanium Belt

Because it would rapidly devolve into this....

[​IMG]

Wet Blanket and panamaican like this.
  10. Heisenboom 33 Platinum Member

Ivermectin story was nonsense. Ive used it successfully as of Thursday, daily.

misterfurious likes this.
  11. RogerB08 Red Belt

Just to clarify, I am in no way opposed to conservatives dying as a result of their own stupidity.

12. [email protected]&WW Gold Belt

because 'theblaze' is not a good source of medical information. and the research theyre talking about isnt new.

here is the study, accepted after peer review in april
    https://journals.lww.com/anesthesia...pirin_Use_Is_Associated_With_Decreased.2.aspx

"98 patients (23.7%) received aspirin within 24 hours of admission or 7 days before admission. Aspirin use had a crude association with less mechanical ventilation (35.7% aspirin versus 48.4% nonaspirin, P = .03) and ICU admission (38.8% aspirin versus 51.0% nonaspirin, P = .04), but no crude association with in-hospital mortality (26.5% aspirin versus 23.2% nonaspirin, P = .51). After adjusting for 8 confounding variables, aspirin use was independently associated with decreased risk of mechanical ventilation (adjusted HR, 0.56, 95% confidence interval [CI], 0.37-0.85, P = .007), ICU admission (adjusted HR, 0.57, 95% CI, 0.38-0.85, P = .005), and in-hospital mortality (adjusted HR, 0.53, 95% CI, 0.31-0.90, P = .02)"

These werent controlled trials. it is an association study with a fairly small sample size. the results seem fairly promising, but the level of evidence is still very weak.

There are a few other publications that have similar findings. there is also at least one meta analysis that finds no association between aspirin use and changes in mortality risk. There is at least one publication that finds a negative association with aspirin use/perscription.

https://www.mdpi.com/1648-9144/57/9/931/htm

also, as these are association studies, the effects of aspirin prophylaxsis and aspirin treatment are not delineated. a recommendation to the public to use aspirin as a prophylaxsis for severe covid would not be justified. while aspirin is cheap and a commonly used drug, it is not one without side effects, and the incidence of severe covid is not high in the general population.

a future study with the most value imo would be a purely intervention study in patients not already on aspirin, after infection and development of severe covid. I'd be surprised if the effect size in this case would be large.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021 at 1:33 PM
    Wet Blanket likes this.
  13. TUFNewb Red Belt

Because it's one fuckin study and there have been others that show it has little effect on outcomes and not only that there have been ones that even show taking the vaccine is SAFER than taking an aspirin. Because you morons don't understand how science comes to a concensus something is safe and effective.

But now that it's been cherry picked by conservative trash media outlets you can expect the usual retards to start downing whole bottles and shredding their livers or giving their kids Reye syndrome. Just like they will gleefully huff hydrogen peroxide or consume agricultural grade pharmaceuticals to "own the libs"

14. Dan O Purple Belt

Dollars, always the dollars. It’s fairly simple

15. PrinceOfPain Gold Belt

Stop spreading misinformation.

Why is it that those who are most vocal about "idiot conservatives" are, almost without fail, the least discerning about the bullshit you'll believe?

At least try to be informed before ranting about other's ignorance.

The Talent and PhitePhan like this.
  16. Beechwood Brown Belt

Yesterdays front page Democrat news did have an aspirin article I noticed. It wasn't about COIVD though. Instead it said for people to not take aspirin every day to help prevent a heart attack.

That was strange I thought, coming out when it did, at about the sae time as the Israeli study finding aspirin helpful against COVID. Coincidence? I doubt it. Saying that aspirin doesn't help prevent heart attacks is old news. I remember seeing articles say that years ago.

The Talent likes this.
  17. jx820 Silver Belt

I didn't say conservative.
    I was clearly being hyperbolic.
    Is there a specific claim you would like some sourcing on?

18. lilelvis Red Belt Platinum Member

“New science” says just the opposite. Ask the pro mask folks.

19. ocean size Red Belt

And they should only do it after consulting with their doctor because while it will reduce the risk of clots, that could be outweighed by the increase in risk for hemorrhagic stroke. It no longer is a blanket recommendation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/hear...irin-prevent-heart-attack-panel-says-rcna2869

20. BIKES! So then I said... Platinum Member

I need Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey to confirm this works and is science.

smooth assassin and PhitePhan like this.