Why this idea Ronda is so better than Nunes in the ground if...

Ah i get it. Holm's striking lowered Ronda's grappling skills as each punch connected.

All Amanda needs is to connect a good punch before being taken down so Ronda loses all her judo ability.

Nunes has T/KO 9 finishes. I'm pretty sure her striking is MORE than enough to deal with Rousey's and i really doubt this

Can only be beaten by a Boxing champ with as much or more credentials than Holm.

I haven't denied Nunes has a puncher's chance. That's about all she has because she not going to beat Ronda in the clinch or on the ground. Nunes has to land the miracle punch.

Valentina is a master of sports in judo

And for those who don't know the significance of that, it means she was the Russian amateur national champ in Judo.
Her Judo isn't on Ronda's level, but it's still better than damn near everyone else.

It wasn't the Judo trip she had to worry about. They did game plan for specific throws, not trips, used commonly by Rousey.
Izzy Martinez is all you need to defend Judo trips,throws and sweeps. Wrastling>Judo usually.

I haven't denied Nunes has a puncher's chance. That's about all she has because she not going to beat Ronda in the clinch or on the ground. Nunes has to land the miracle punch.
Let me see if i get this :

Somebody with LESS grappling skills than ANYBODY Ronda has ever faced, found a way to avoid being taken down, despite LOSING BY SUBMISSION her next fight to someone Ronda subbed twice.

But Amanda Nunes who has MORE GRAPPLING SKILLS AND CREDENTIALS than Holm, can't improve her grappling to stop ronda ?

Is like, she has grappling skills but they're worth shit, but someone who had even less improved enough to avoid letting Ronda do her game and win ?

Wow.

Fedor beat Mirko in the standup,but i still dont think he is a better striker than mirko overall
I don't know if I'd actually say Woodley is better than WB, that was kind of an intentionally extreme example but I do think the aggressive power hitters are a bit unfairly viewed due to looking less technical than more elusive technicians... they're not trying to be as technical but get the killshot, it's just as valid a style and shouldn't automatically worse or less "skilled" lol.

i hate Ronda but she IS much better than Nunes on the ground but on the feets she sucks balls

Yes.

-Sarah D'Alelio: Subbed in 25 seconds, got a 30-26 on Nunes by outgrappling her.
-Miesha Tate: Subbed in the first, better ground game than Nunes (able to actually do damage from bottom)
-Liz Carmouche: Subbed in the first. Her ground and pound is as good as Amanda and she is harder to take down.
-Davis: Subbed in the first. Better ground game than Nunes (this is where she defeated her)
-Zingano: same as Davis.

Nunes doesn't do much when she is put on her back and this is where Ronda finishes everyone. I want Amanda to win and I think she can, but she'd be stupid to go to the ground or try to clinch with Rousey
Well, Miesha got pounded the fuck out by Nunes, and subbed Holm, who sprawled and knocked Ronda the fuck out.

If anything, Nunes striking is more than enough to stop Ronda, and if Holm was capable of stopping her takedown attempts despite having less grappling credentials than any of those, why Nunes, who have been improving clearly in every area and is on a win streak can't ?

I don't know if I'd actually say Woodley is better than WB, that was kind of an intentionally extreme example but I do think the aggressive power hitters are a bit unfairly viewed due to looking less technical than more elusive technicians... they're not trying to be as technical but get the killshot, it's just as valid a style and shouldn't automatically worse or less "skilled" lol.
Well i do agree that someone doesnt have to be technical boxer to succeed. Its not boxing.

You know who Ronda reminds me of? Palhares. Both have that one move on the ground that they can pull out of nowhere in a scramble, but if you slow the pace on them and work to stall them out they have a lot less success. I lost track of how many times Tate was taken down in their rematch before Ronda finally got a solid armbar on her late in the 2nd round, going to the ground against Ronda obviously isn't a good thing but it's not an instant death sentence unless you panic & screw up. Same thing with Palhares, he's not going to break your leg as long as you can play a good positional game, he's not a Demian Maia who strangles you no matter what you do.

Wtf does that mean? He gets credit because hes a fucking Beast of a wrestler who was the Captain of the American Olympic team. In not even gonna try to explain how fucking badass that is cause you probably just flat out don't get it.

Yawn. He couldn't even make weight FOR THE FUCKING OLYMPICS. That's his Olympic legacy while Honda's is winning a medal.

Even he admitted he fucked up during the Olympics:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/19/5427802/daniel-cormier-admits-poor-weight-management-caused-him-to-drop-out-ufc-170-2008-Olympics

EDIT: looks like he did make weight but still...he ruined his own Olympic career and he admits it. Sooo yeah, he gets credit for just being on the team. he didn't even compete.

Well, Miesha got pounded the fuck out by Nunes, and subbed Holm, who sprawled and knocked Ronda the fuck out.

If anything, Nunes striking is more than enough to stop Ronda, and if Holm was capable of stopping her takedown attempts despite having less grappling credentials than any of those, why Nunes, who have been improving clearly in every area and is on a win streak can't ?

Ronda has more than enough grappling skill to get Amanda down and finish her. She's taken more experienced wrestlers down and submitted black belts in BJJ.

What is this reply? You asked if any of the women who got beaten by Rousey had better grappling than Nunes and there is your answer. Is your reply intended for someone else? or English maybe isn't your first language?

What is this reply? You asked if any of the women who got beaten by Rousey had better grappling than Nunes and there is your answer. Is your reply intended for someone else? or English maybe isn't your first language?
I iz no americo

wow

I know. Valentina is a black belt in judo. Master of sports probably refers to being a national champion in Russia.
MoS is basically the national champ, Valentina holds 5

Because she's never yet faced anyone that can defend a hip throw (other than Holly Holm (and McMann) who made it look easy by keeping her hips lower than Ronda's whenever they clinched). She's definitely a one trick pony. Great at judo but nothing much else. If Amanda can defend one or two takedowns Ronda is fucked.
That's not true at all. Ediane Gomes, Julia Budd, Sarah D'Alelio, and Sarah Kaufman all defended the uchimata, but were done in by the following chain throw (kouchigare). So no, Ronda doesn't just have a hip toss.

Holly and Jackson/Wink worked hard and studied BJJSCOUT's Ronda chain throw breakdown to develop a plan to beat her.

You don't know dick about judo or MMA, and are fueled by a Ronda-hate agenda.

Miesha couldn't defend the takedown as Ronda was countering Miesha's double leg. Davis couldn't because Ronda ko'd her standing.

Please, bother to learn ANYTHING about the sport you're bothering to comment on, shitposting neophyte.

And for those who don't know the significance of that, it means she was the Russian amateur national champ in Judo.
Her Judo isn't on Ronda's level, but it's still better than damn near everyone else.

I don't believe Valentina is national amateur champion in judo, to get the master of sport title in judo in Russia its sufficient to become province or city champion etc. Aleksander Emelienko is master of sport in judo and no way he was Russian champ and the same goes to Wladimir Putin lol.

That's not true at all. Ediane Gomes, Julia Budd, Sarah D'Alelio, and Sarah Kaufman all defended the uchimata, but were done in by the following chain throw (kouchigare). So no, Ronda doesn't just have a hip toss.

Holly and Jackson/Wink worked hard and studied BJJSCOUT's Ronda chain throw breakdown to develop a plan to beat her.

You don't know dick about judo or MMA, and are fueled by a Ronda-hate agenda.

Miesha couldn't defend the takedown as Ronda was countering Miesha's double leg. Davis couldn't because Ronda ko'd her standing.

Please, bother to learn ANYTHING about the sport you're bothering to comment on, shitposting neophyte.
Triggered Ronda fan alert. She's the equivalent of an early UFC one trick pony fighter. Complete with a padded record from fighting women with no real skill in any area. You don't know shit about MMA if you think otherwise. Just another batshit crazy Ronda fan serial killer type that's picked up some judo terminology along the way. Thanks for the chuckle.

Triggered Ronda fan alert. She's the equivalent of an early UFC one trick pony fighter.
Has a knee ko to the body, and two ko's from punches.
Complete with a padded record from fighting women with no real skill in any area.
Cat is a no-gi grappling queen with multiple comp wins, Davis has two black belts, McMann Gold Medaled in the Olympics, Miesha beat the only good fighter Guyborg beat, Budd beat Carano in a Muay Thai match, Kaufman is a 10 year pro, former titlist, and 2009 female fighter of the year, Liz is a beastly wrestler, etc...
You don't know shit about MMA if you think otherwise. Just another batshit crazy Ronda fan serial killer type that's picked up some judo terminology along the way.

I notice you've included no facts, just ad hominem logical fallacies. I accept your verbal submission. The judo terminology came from 10 years of successful competition and a yodan rank, squirt.
Thanks for the chuckle.

That's my line, bitch.

Ronda has beaten nobody other than crossfit chicks, and moms.

A real athlete like Holm exposed her. A real fighter who also has lesbian power will expose her as well.

Back