why they getting rid of Mike Goldberg anyway? you really think Jim Rome knows more MMA

I was really hoping Goldie would say a little farewell last night, you could kinda tell he was bummed out but trying to keep it together.
You mean THEY didn't even have a farwell blurb or do something for Goldie last night ? I missed the show last night and am just catching them but that's pretty shitty if true. He deserved to be said goodbye to at least for all those years. As shitty as he was, he really is all we knew all these years and tried his best and should be honored even briefly. I mean what is the harm? Or people that big of dicks ?

i think chael and dan hardy would be great. make chael do the play by play but he still has enough wits to not say things like "his precision........its really precise"

They are color guys not announcers. Do you not know the difference.

I don't know for sure, but I think they believe he will bring an audience from mainstream sports with him.

Rome started his radio career at college radio station KCSB-FM while at UCSB, where he was sports director for one quarter, and at news station KTMS, also located in Santa Barbara. He eventually moved to XTRA Sports 690 in San Diego, where he started what is now known as The Jim Rome Show, or "The Jungle," with a loop of the instrumental intro of Iggy Pop's song "Lust for Life" and the instrumental intro of Guns N' Roses' song "Welcome to the Jungle" as the show's signature music. The show became syndicated in 1996. It can now be heard on over 200 radio stations across the United States and Canada. In 1998, Rome released an album entitled Welcome to the Jungle, which featured memorable sound bites and music from the show.

In early 2003, Rome was interviewing friend Mark Shapiro, executive producer of programming and production at ESPN, on his radio program. Unexpectedly, the two began to discuss a possible return of Rome to ESPN, and within a few months, Rome was officially rehired to host Rome Is Burning. Rome openly attributes that interview as the impetus to his return to television.

In July 2006, Rome announced that his nationally syndicated radio show would remain on terrestrial radio instead of going to satellite radio. The radio show is heard on more than 200 stations across the United States and Canada and has an audience of approximately 2.5 million.[6]
Source

They probably believe that this will open doors for their content and draw eyeballs from new channels.

They need to replace Rogan with Pat Miletich. They need the play by play guy to be a hype voice (Mauro, Schiavello) and they need the color guy to be rational and technical. The UFC has always had it backwards.

Ur out of ur Vulcan mind dude. I'd rather watch paint dry. That's like going from a color tv and buying 65" black and white hi def

They are color guys not announcers. Do you not know the difference.
did you quote the wrong person or did you tell yourself im talking about chale doing buffers job???

goldberg and joe are the commentators. goldberg is the play by play commentator. meaning hes the one reading all the bullshit ads and saying random facts he gets through his earpiece and what he has writen down. Im sayin make chael do goldies job.

<{vega}>
no one said announcer but you

Will Rome be payed more? If so this is a lose/lose for them, considering they wanted to cut back on expenses.

You mean THEY didn't even have a farwell blurb or do something for Goldie last night ? I missed the show last night and am just catching them but that's pretty shitty if true. He deserved to be said goodbye to at least for all those years. As shitty as he was, he really is all we knew all these years and tried his best and should be honored even briefly. I mean what is the harm? Or people that big of dicks ?
Nah they didn't say shit, I'll miss Mike he was a goof but one most grew to love, it's going to be weird without him and I think a lot of people especially around here didn't know what they had till it's gone. But on the flip side maybe his replacement will be awesome however I can't see a Jim Rome being anything overly spectacular

did you quote the wrong person or did you tell yourself im talking about chale doing buffers job???

goldberg and joe are the commentators. goldberg is the play by play commentator. meaning hes the one reading all the bullshit ads and saying random facts he gets through his earpiece and what he has writen down. Im sayin make chael do goldies job.

<{vega}>
no one said announcer but you

Goldberg is the announcer dumbass. Rogan is the color.

Goldberg is the announcer dumbass. Rogan is the color.
bruce buffer is the announcer. funny how im the dumbass. let me guess, buffer is the play by play commentator??? who just happens to announce fighters??????????

{<buffer}

once again, goldberg was the PLAY BY PLAY commentator. hes the sound bites for the Tale of the Tape and other various cut scenes like people shadow boxing and what not. He also is the one reading the Ads for upcoming events and tv/movies..............dumbass

to make it easier, goldberg and rogan are color commentators. buffer just has to do more

Last edited:
Brian Stann is the only logical replacement for Goldie.

Jim Rome would pretty much make the UFC unwatchable.

So who is it? I've heard Mario Lopez and Jim Rome. Could you imagine if they brought in both to replace Goldie and Rogan..my god. Whoever bought the UFC and are responsible for these decisions are making a big mistake.

Mario fucking Lopez?

Jesus H Christ..

AC Slater? What, lol.

Dan Hardy will never get promoted because of his "accent." Jim Rome would be so terrible. I'd have to start watching these ppvs with a soundtrack or something.

It sure feels like Goldberg is being "blackballed" for some reason.

Jim Rome is the "big name" that corporate suits look for to help expand their market. I don't think they pay attention to other shit.

Goldberg has had a very long time to advance his knowledge of MMA and hasnt, so I'm sort of glad he's gone. Go back to any of his fights, or in the very least go watch Ronda/Holm and listen to him spout NONSENSE the entire fight. He hasn't even done play by play in a long time, Joe has taken that roll over because Goldie can't tell the difference between a Jab or a hook. He has gotten a free ride for a long time, and that time has come to an end.

Back