Why they created the women's FW division

effervesciata

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's simple really. It's all about Ronda Rousey. They assume Holm will win the title, and then if Ronda wins the 135 title they'll let her do a McGregor and go up and fight Holm for the 145 title. And then if she wins that you have another superfight vs Cyborg for her first defence.

Nope. Now Ronda has an excuse to duck Holly. "Holly is 145 I fight at 135"

It's simple really. It's all about Ronda Rousey. They assume Holm will win the title, and then if Ronda wins the 135 title they'll let her do a McGregor and go up and fight Holm for the 145 title. And then if she wins that you have another superfight vs Cyborg for her first defence.
WAR3.

If you think about it, it is kind of crazy that we even call them divisions to begin with. I mean, why not call them something else?

If you think about it, it is kind of crazy that we even call them divisions to begin with. I mean, why not call them something else?
BW and SW are divisions, FW may just be a "weight class" with occasional fights in it lol.

I would bet you made mostly C's, D's, and F's in school because you are not very smart.

The ONLY reason the UFC made FW division was to protect cash cow Rousey from Holm and Cyborg. NO WAY she can beat either one of them.

They need a prettier fighter than Holm or Cyborg to be the face of WMMA.......and thats Ronda. While not a beauty queen, she does look better than Holm or Cyborg. They are trying to attract more casuals and looks are what matter to them.

Only way a superfight happens between Rousey and Cyborg is an end of career last fight situation.

I would bet you made mostly C's, D's, and F's in school because you are not very smart.

The ONLY reason the UFC made FW division was to protect cash cow Rousey from Holm and Cyborg. NO WAY she can beat either one of them.

They need a prettier fighter than Holm or Cyborg to be the face of WMMA.......and thats Ronda. While not a beauty queen, she does look better than Holm or Cyborg. They are trying to attract more casuals and looks are what matter to them.

Only way a superfight happens between Rousey and Cyborg is an end of career last fight situation.

Unless you assume Ronda has at most three fights left in her, in which case it's in the UFC's interest to make them superfights.

You sure love your can crushing resumeless "destroyers" (Cyborg obviously not Holm).

Back