Why there will never be a 'fixed' fight

Yeah in combat sports history there's never been a fixed fight, or a fighter taking a dive for the promoters.
Totally different for the UFC, who would be ruined and out of business if it ever came to light. A lone promoter =/= UFC. A lone promoter is happy making enough money to retire and live comfortably, the UFC is a monstrosity in comparison.

Also, the UFC has a history of the biggest ppv cash cows losing their star power. If the UFC was in the business of fixing fights, Rousey would still be champ, as would GSP, Lesnar, etc, etc.

The tiniest shred of deductive reasoning proves that the UFC isn't fixing fights at all. But you guys hate Conor so bad you'll believe anything to alleviate the idea that he's one of the best in the world

Oleg/Macias, Frye/Hall, and Vitor/Charles are all proven works in the UFC.

It almost never makes sense for any organization or sport to fix fights or games. Yet, it happens. Because organizations are comprised of individuals. Just a corrupt individual corrupts an entire organization. That said anyone who thinks the Cerrone vs Conor fight was fixed is an idiot.

There has been fixed fights in UFC, but not for a long time. Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov and Don Frye vs Mark Hall 2 were all fake fixed works in UFC.. but in modern day I don't know of any. Travis Lutter vs Martin Eastman at UFC 50.. I don't know if it was a work or was it a legit fight.,.so we all know about the phantom/ghost punch, but something thats also weird, that happened at beginning of round 2, in the first round they landed nothing, not even a single punch landed, all they did was circle and stare, it was very bizarre.

Cerrone vs Conor was not fixed.. it was legit.. Cerrone got overwhelmed early which has happened to him in his career and he wilted, it reminded me of his fight with RDA. very similar in many ways.

TS you are assuming that the company will fix the fight, but no.. its the 2 fighters that will fix it most of the time.. Bob Sapp after like his 7th or 8th fight they are all works, but it was not the org he was fighting in.. it was himself doing it, he would just throw the fight after taking a random punch on his forearm and then hold his face is agony and fall over on the floor. the orgs cut him always.. it was him doing it, and sometimes his opponent was involved too, but not always. People think Sapp is a can LOL.. no he is not.. his real MMA record is like 7-2, all the fights after that are sooooooooo badly fake

Tae Hyun Bang who was in UFC recently tried to do fixed fights in UFC, Tae Hyun Bang vs Kuntz was a fixed fight. he is in prison now

Last edited:
The UFC did it in the past....

shamrock%20fail.gif

SimpleLimpIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif
Lol!!! Who's to say Ken didn't do that outside of the UFC's knowledge? Franklin certainly wasn't protected from Silva. Ken would easily be able to sell a dive, so behaving that way is just retarded.

There has been fixed fights in UFC, but not for a long time. Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov and Don Frye vs Mark Hall 2 were all fake fixed works in UFC.. but in modern day I don't know of any. Travis Lutter vs Martin Eastman at UFC 50.. I don't know if it was a work or was it a legit fight.,.so we all know about the phantom/ghost punch, but something thats also weird, that happened at beginning of round 2, in the first round they landed nothing, not even a single punch landed, all they did was circle and stare, it was very bizarre.

Cerrone vs Conor was not fixed.. it was legit.. Cerrone got overwhelmed early which has happened to him in his career and he wilted, it reminded me of his fight with RDA. very similar in many ways.

TS you are assuming that the company will fix the fight, but no.. its the 2 fighters that will fix it most of the time.. Bob Sapp after like his 7th or 8th fight they are all works, but it was not the org he was fighting in.. it was himself doing it, he would just throw the fight after taking a random punch on his forearm and then hold his face is agony and fall over on the floor. the orgs cut him always.. it was him doing it, and sometimes his opponent was involved too, but not always.

Tae Hyun Bang who was in UFC recently tried to do fixed fights in UFC, he is in prison now
Totally agree with everything here. Fights have been fixed, but the UFC is not in the business of doing so. And there's no way Cerrone took a dive.

Totally agree with everything here. Fights have been fixed, but the UFC is not in the business of doing so. And there's no way Cerrone took a dive.
Yeah very true, if UFC fixed fights it would be a huge criminal investigation and their company would be over, it would take damage beyond control. Its the worst thing they could ever do, it would hurt them more than any money loss could.

The 2 fighters? yeah that is possible.. of course that can happen, some people are slimy and will do anything for money and have no dignity. and there will probably be organized criminal gangs involved in it too.

Conor vs Cerrone didn't look nothing like a fixed MMA fight though, I have seen them, 95% of the time they end in a quick submission, and the times they end with strikes like Bob Sapps fights they so blatantly don't land lol, not getting his nose busted in.

They tried to get rampage Jackson to take a loss in pride against sakuraba by telling him "if you get knocked out or submitted, you'll receive $15,000. Rampage replied "what if I knock him out or submit him?" "You'll receive $10,000".

Ken Shamrock also admitted to working fights.

Except TS didn't argue that the UFC is too moral to use unscrupulous tactics, which it seems you missed in your haste to hate on Conor, yet again. The argument is that it would be fucking stupid to fix a fight, especially one that was already hugely in Conor's favor. Nothing to do with UFC being unwilling to cheat or be unscrupulous, everything to do with the risk vs. reward being entirely fucked. They would never do it and risk losing their entire, massive brand + billions of dollars. It makes no sense from any angle, for any halfway rational human being.
Sure thing, Greenspan

I agree that it wouldn't be fixed by the UFC, but there is no doubt that fight outcomes have been secured by gamblers.

The Cerrone fight was booked to pad Conor's record. It wasn't a fixed fight.

Totally different for the UFC, who would be ruined and out of business if it ever came to light. A lone promoter =/= UFC. A lone promoter is happy making enough money to retire and live comfortably, the UFC is a monstrosity in comparison.

Also, the UFC has a history of the biggest ppv cash cows losing their star power. If the UFC was in the business of fixing fights, Rousey would still be champ, as would GSP, Lesnar, etc, etc.

The tiniest shred of deductive reasoning proves that the UFC isn't fixing fights at all. But you guys hate Conor so bad you'll believe anything to alleviate the idea that he's one of the best in the world
There has been proven fixed UFC fights, mate.

Just imagine the leverage a fighter would have over a multi-billion dollar company if they recorded an approach to 'fix' a fight.

UFC would face financial ruin via blackmail or the massive company devaluation and loss of credibility should a fighter speak up.

The idea they would risk it all to guarantee the outcome of any particular fight is absurd.
I've always wondered this. Like how do you approach a fighter about throwing a fight? lmaooo how do you know they aren't completely against it, and wouldn't just put the whole company on blast for even offering it? Way too much risk in MOST cases, I could see them possibly fixing smaller fights though

Kalid Starnes took a dive vs Nate Quarry.

Just imagine the leverage a fighter would have over a multi-billion dollar company if they recorded an approach to 'fix' a fight.

UFC would face financial ruin via blackmail or the massive company devaluation and loss of credibility should a fighter speak up.

The idea they would risk it all to guarantee the outcome of any particular fight is absurd.
They couldn’t prove it was fixed

they would get sued

Or they can say here's a bunch of money for an exciting stand up fight against our golden cash cow who we are already making plans for after he beats you.

There has been proven fixed UFC fights, mate.
Not from the organization.

ts is right. Fixing fights is the one way for the ufc to lose everything. It’s not even close to worth the risk.

Back