Why the World has started to hire workers by CV?

The company I just signed on with has local job fairs. You put in a resume and then show up and talk to their hr there.

Got hired through that process and don't even have the slightest idea who I'll be working for, and where a higher up would be located. Probably not anywhere in the giant warehouse I will be working in. Probably not within a hundred miles of it.

Yeah never heard of Zellers but maybe its a canada thing. I did similar work for companies here. And apparently will be doing so again soon.

Yeah, the warehouse, right? That works too. Did that before too. It’s not bad.

Lol yeah they were a Canadian company, but there’s no Zellers anymore. They were bought out many years ago, so even if you were Canadian, if you’re young enough you wouldn’t know what it is.

My last job I had dinner with a manager. Then he asked me to send in my resume. Then I met with him and a field guy and spent the day with them in the field. Then I had a gauntlet interview....a panel of 4 that peppered me with scenarios for a few hours. Then I took a Wunderlic. Then I got the job making 200k+. After all that they had layoffs after a year and I got axed.
My next job I met a guy at a Starbucks for 20 minutes, I did a Wunderlic, and got an offer making similar money. These companies are all fucked up.

200k+/ a month?!?
This must be a joke.
In Europe you do not make 200k for a lifetime. ))

Thats why it makes it special when i do come in with that perfect blend of experience and general interest in the position. Obviously they dont want a lot of people walking in. Its very key to make sure you do it at a good time, I have found mondays or tuesdays around 10-11am to be a good time to come in. You also want to make it a point you are aware you are taking time from their day and if they need to reschedule, thats fine but now they have a face to a name.

Ive been told to piss off a few times from this technique but It has worked many more times than it has hurt. Ive been in interviews I had no buisness being in and by the time the interview is over, I may not get the job but ive asked enough questions that I will be ready for the next interview. Usually the interviewer sees my genuine interest and doesnt mind explaining things to me.
Just how many jobs have you applied for? Or is wasting peoples time some sort of a hobby? What an odd post.

Just how many jobs have you applied for? Or is wasting peoples time some sort of a hobby? What an odd post.
You live in canada where people dont go outside anyway. Its not odd to get a job, especially when Im stealing jobs from chumps like you who just apply anywhere and everywhere praying they get a callback.

The 4 star hotel I worked for 3 years as a front desk supervisor (that i worked myself up to)
An AV installation company( after taking 3 different interviews at other companies and asking all sorts of questions to learn the AV field and getting rejected harshly)
****one company I bombed an interview with liked the questions I asked so much they offered me a job a month later after I had one even after not being qualified.
My current IT company (used my AV skills and lied about other experience)
All low level shit not needing a cv, which is exactly what EVERYONE here has been saying.

You live in canada where people dont go outside anyway. Its not odd to get a job, especially when Im stealing jobs from chumps like you who just apply anywhere and everywhere praying they get a callback.
Your job experience of AV dude and receptionist doesn't qualify you to carry my tool bag fella. I may be a self described, self employed blue collar whore, but one with certifications and multimillion dollar projects in his portfolio.

Nobody, and I mean nobody takes resumes in person around here. Emails only, and if you walk in the best you can hope for is having your paperwork put at the bottom of the pile and politely asked to gtfo.

Lol I love how you totally dodged the questions.

My last job I had dinner with a manager. Then he asked me to send in my resume. Then I met with him and a field guy and spent the day with them in the field. Then I had a gauntlet interview....a panel of 4 that peppered me with scenarios for a few hours. Then I took a Wunderlic. Then I got the job making 200k+. After all that they had layoffs after a year and I got axed.
My next job I met a guy at a Starbucks for 20 minutes, I did a Wunderlic, and got an offer making similar money. These companies are all fucked up.
What the fuck is a Wunderlic?

My current job I don't think I ever sent a CV. Spoke to a recruiter, they looked at my Linkedin page, one phone interview and one Skype interview.

What the fuck is a Wunderlic?

It’s a test of 50 or so questions that supposedly give you a personality assessment to see if you are a fit for a particular line of work. It’s mainly to see if you are a salesman type, or more analytical accountant type, or an antisocial stock boy type. The questions are hard to fake as the new ones have double questions hidden in the test worded differently, and also a lot of questions that have you rank the way you feel about things 1-5....It creates a pattern so it’s hard to fake what you really are. I test off the charts for Sales, presentations, public speaking, etc...If I didn’t they wouldn’t hire me.

Your job experience of AV dude and receptionist doesn't qualify you to carry my tool bag fella. I may be a self described, self employed blue collar whore, but one with certifications and multimillion dollar projects in his portfolio.

Nobody, and I mean nobody takes resumes in person around here. Emails only, and if you walk in the best you can hope for is having your paperwork put at the bottom of the pile and politely asked to gtfo.
Yeah but I guarantee you I have more network certifications now that can get me any networking/IT job in the country if not the world where I can work in an office and make double your salary using my brain.

But hey if you would like to put my highly qualified resume on the bottom of the pile, thats cool. I will just apply at your competitor and provide my services to them.

All low level shit not needing a cv, which is exactly what EVERYONE here has been saying.
Go try to walk into a 4 star hotel and try to get hired with no experience. I made 60k+ at 23, I wouldnt exactly call that a low level position.

Yeah but I guarantee you I have more network certifications now that can get me any networking/IT job in the country if not the world where I can work in an office and make double your salary using my brain.

But hey if you would like to put my highly qualified resume on the bottom of the pile, thats cool. I will just apply at your competitor and provide my services to them.
Well good for you!

Your use of "now" makes it sound like your job hunting adventures are a thing of the past. Is that correct? If so, then maybe going in to talk to the big man are strategies of the past as well.

Well good for you!

Your use of "now" makes it sound like your job hunting adventures are a thing of the past. Is that correct? If so, then maybe going in to talk to the big man are strategies of the past as well.
I would still attempt to do this even in todays hiring climate. Whats the worst thats going to happen? They tell me to fuck off? Big Deal. I now know more about the company than I did before. I can learn from their attitudes and avoid somewhere I probably wouldnt like working anyway.

like i said in my previous posts, I have been told to piss off many times. No skin off my back. You can still apply online. A lot of users on here are acting like going in is a bad thing which i just dont understand. Your anonymous online anyway, the same dude who told you to piss off might call you back a week later once he gets to your resume.

Your usually unemployed when looking for a job, what going out and looking is wasting your time now and you just expect the job to come find you? Naw I like being proactive. I will go to a place im applying for sometimes and just check it out, not even talk to anyone. Gives you a feel of a place your going to spend a lot of time in.

Go try to walk into a 4 star hotel and try to get hired with no experience. I made 60k+ at 23, I wouldnt exactly call that a low level position.
At your age I was a pipeline project engineer working in a foreign county with everything paid for , condo etc etc and making double that.

Not working in a hotel.

Cv’s are important

At your age I was a pipeline project engineer working in a foreign county with everything paid for , condo etc etc and making double that.

Not working in a hotel.

Cv’s are important
Someone gave you that oppourtunity then and working in a foriegn country sounds awful. You dont get pipeline jobs without knowing someone in the union, I know cause I was offered one at 18 but I dont like handouts.

Acting like a bragging asshole on the internet doesnt make you a better person either.

I would still attempt to do this even in todays hiring climate. Whats the worst thats going to happen? They tell me to fuck off? Big Deal. I now know more about the company than I did before. I can learn from their attitudes and avoid somewhere I probably wouldnt like working anyway.

like i said in my previous posts, I have been told to piss off many times. No skin off my back. You can still apply online. A lot of users on here are acting like going in is a bad thing which i just dont understand. Your anonymous online anyway, the same dude who told you to piss off might call you back a week later once he gets to your resume.

Your usually unemployed when looking for a job, what going out and looking is wasting your time now and you just expect the job to come find you? Naw I like being proactive. I will go to a place im applying for sometimes and just check it out, not even talk to anyone. Gives you a feel of a place your going to spend a lot of time in.
The thing is, for the types of positions we are talking about, you know the ones that require cv’s, there isn’t any just walk in and talk to anybody.

The receptionist will tell you to apply online and fuck off.

The thing is, for the types of positions we are talking about, you know the ones that require cv’s, there isn’t any just walk in and talk to anybody.

The receptionist will tell you to apply online and fuck off.
Dont worry im sure your buddys dad that gave your the pipeliner job made sure to read your CV.

Pipeliners are some of the dumbest (but well paid) workers around, your buddys dad isnt going over CV's all day.

I dont hire from CV. I hired last few guys via youtube video submission

Back