Why The United States Is A Christian Nation:

ee7394585f654f8d1d77437211555a28.jpg

Except soviet union i guess

TS isn't even from the US.

I am saying compared to the 1980s we as human beings a much smarter these days.

Religion aside, I don't know if I can agree with this. Internet has made knowledge so readily available that less and less people focus on learning meaningful information. Instead they waste their time on pop culture, and reference Google for knowledge they lack.

Look at what the last PISA test scored US internationally (http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-worldwide-ranking-of-math-science-reading-skills-2016-12)

The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)released the results of its 2015 global rankings on student performance in mathematics, reading, and science, on the Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA.

The PISA is a worldwide exam administered every three years that measures 15-year-olds in 72 countries. About 540,000 students took the exam in 2015.

The US saw an 11-point drop in average score for math, while remaining relatively flat in reading and science.

pisa-2015-average-scores-v2.jpg

IMO, we're getting dumber. The 140 character limit on twitter has pretty much butchered the English language. Kids grow up thinking they do not need to understand mathematics because their iPhone has a calculator. And don't get me started on historical knowledge. I fully expect some history to be rewriten in the next few decades because of how little of it is taught.

People have even started believing the Earth is flat again! In the 80s these guys would have been the crazy dudes yelling on the street corner, today they get a youtube channel where they can brainwash teens.

Religion aside, I don't know if I can agree with this. Internet has made knowledge so readily available that less and less people focus on learning meaningful information. Instead they waste their time on pop culture, and reference Google for knowledge they lack.

Look at what the last PISA test scored US internationally (http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-worldwide-ranking-of-math-science-reading-skills-2016-12)

pisa-2015-average-scores-v2.jpg

IMO, we're getting dumber. The 140 character limit on twitter has pretty much butchered the English language. Kids grow up thinking they do not need to understand mathematics because their iPhone has a calculator. And don't get me started on historical knowledge. I fully expect some history to be rewriten in the next few decades because of how little of it is taught.

People have even started believing the Earth is flat again! In the 80s these guys would have been the crazy dudes yelling on the street corner, today they get a youtube channel where they can brainwash teens.

When I mention being more educated I mean about religion. Since this THAT is what this thread is about.

Flat earthers? That's just tiny fringe or weirdos with too much time on their hands.

This comes in as dumb video of the year, just random quotes and no thought.

I encourage you all to watch this through to the end whether you are an atheist, Christian or other. The piece touches on the constitution and why it only works so long as the majority maintain a moral, religious base grounded in Christianity (as even expressly talked about by founding fathers).

Again, worth the watch all the way through:

Because it was conquered and colonized by white Christians from Europe. The white christians then forced God down the throats of the natives, and black slaves.

Because it was conquered and colonized by white Christians from Europe. The white christians then forced God down the throats of the natives, and black slaves.

You honestly need to watch some Dinesh D'Souza:

I am sure you all have noticed that Conservatives/Evangelical Christian pundits/talk radio refer to the US as a " Judeo Christian " nation. As far as I can recall, the "Judeo" started getting usage in the 80s and especially 90s. My parents said that decades back there was no "Judeo" , it was just "Christian". I guess the rightwing added the "Judeo" as virtue signalling to Jews , so they (Christian right) wouldn't get opposed as anti-Semitic.

You honestly need to watch some Dinesh D'Souza:

D'Souza is a hack. There is nothing he can say or present that would counter the point the poster you are responding to made, namely that Christianity was the religion of the conquerors and was in many cases imposed (rather harshly sometimes) on the natives. Much like how Islam imposed itself in North Africa, MidEast and Indian SubContinent.

Just as the Arab conquered vast lands with the sword in 1 hand and the Quran in the other so the European Christian conquered the Americas with the sword/gun in 1 hand and the Bible in the other.

"Christian nation" created by Masons...

Also is there anything more tyrannical than religion?

I encourage you all to watch this through to the end whether you are an atheist, Christian or other. The piece touches on the constitution and why it only works so long as the majority maintain a moral, religious base grounded in Christianity (as even expressly talked about by founding fathers).

Again, worth the watch all the way through:

I'm honestly struggling to understand the logic. It seems so convoluted and forced.

I'm honestly struggling to understand the logic. It seems so convoluted and forced.
I haven't watched that particular video (or maybe I did??) ; in anycase the problem with D'Souza is he resorts to soo much dam sophistry , instead of clear concise straighforward replies. That to me tells me he is trying to ( to use a term created by James Randi and later adopted by Michael Shermer in his argument against Depak Chopra ) 'woo woo' people.

Back