1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Why the UFC will never get rid of WMMA or put it on it’s own cards.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by sdpdude9, Mar 14, 2019.

1. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

If you dont have Aldana v Pudilova in your top 100 I dont know what to say

That fight was non-stop action start to finish.

Better Every Day likes this.
  2. sdpdude9

sdpdude9 Green Belt

Of course it’s a matter of opinion, forgive my hyperbole. To me and I know many others, women frequently kill the energy of the card and frequently bring bad fights at a much more consistent than men. It’s fine if others enjoy it, I just disagree that they frequently or even mostly put on great fights.

3. Timurd123

Timurd123 Andy Hug Belt

They wholeheartedly think that they can turn one of them into a ronda level star and all they have to do is keep shoving them down our throat

4. sdpdude9

sdpdude9 Green Belt

Really? In the thousands of fights that have taken place you really couldn’t find 100 better fights? I agree, it was a good fight. But there have easily been at least 100 better ones in my opinion.

We clearly have vastly different opinions, if you want to enjoy what I deem subpar fighting then by all means. But that doesn’t mean I have to.

5. GiSP

GiSP Brown Belt

I just learned this morning that the UFC signed Felicia Spencer a few days ago. Did you post anything about that? I must have missed it.

6. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

think shes been signed to fight Anderson. Its not like theres anyone else for her to fight except Cyborg (who crushes her)

shes on an 11 fight win streak including a win over Macy Chaisson, so im guessing her v anderson, winner fights cyborg.

Better Every Day and GiSP like this.
  7. Chitaouri

Chitaouri Brown Belt

even woman boxing is more developed and better than WMMA and still sucks so much that nobody in this fucking world wants to watch that shit.

Just like nobody in this fucking world would watch wMMA if wasnt shoved down our throats.

keep that shit at their own cards for fucks sake, so that everybody who likes it can watch it whenever they want.

8. GiSP

GiSP Brown Belt

Well they signed Viana at FW as well. So that looks a little more like trying to build the division. But, who knows with the UFC. It makes sense for Fee to fight Megan since she called her out after beating Helena last summer.

I’d like to see Fee get a cpl more fights first. But if Fee gets this to the ground she will finish Megan.

P.S.

You probably know. Is Meatball Molly the only British woman in the UFC?

9. Eater of Souls

Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Amazing how many people do not seem to know the difference. Glad this shit was taught in my generation, along with the need to keep your mouth shut if you did not know what you were talking about. Now every idiot things he can argue with brain surgeons, evolutionary biologists and rocket scientists.

You would think on an MMA board more people would actually know something about MMA, but, alas.

10. Better Every Day

Better Every Day Jo Jo Calderwood avatar Platinum Member

No. I didn't post about it.

Eater of Souls and GiSP like this.
  11. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

Joanna Calderwood at 125lb

The only other notable one was Kate Jackson.

She lost to Tatiana Suarez in the tuf semis (Which is in retrospect no disgrace) and so wasnt signed. Shes now fighting at 125 in Bellator, lost a close decision to Valerie Letourneau (Also no disgrace) and recently took the golden girl Anastasia Yankova's perfect record from her.

Considering some of the fighters they did sign from that tuf, ashley yoder (who she beat), amanda cooper for example, I really think they dropped the ball not signing Kate. They signed Jamie Moyle ffs who got knocked out in the first round, yet they didnt sign the girl that lost to the eventual winner.

Shes lost four times, Tatiana, Letournea, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and an early career loss to some random.

GiSP likes this.
  12. GiSP

GiSP Brown Belt

Right. I actually should have said English. I didn’t include Jo Jo because she’s Scottish. And I definitely meant currently in the UFC. Thanks.

13. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

Molly wont be in the UFC much longer..

GiSP likes this.
  14. GiSP

GiSP Brown Belt

That’s very possible.

15. Better Every Day

Better Every Day Jo Jo Calderwood avatar Platinum Member

A less notable English fighter, but also making it into the semi-finals of TUF (beating Helen Harper in the quarterfinals), and also not signed to the UFC, was Lanchana Green. She lost to Amanda Bobby Cooper in that semi-final fight.

Eater of Souls likes this.
  16. -Dim-

-Dim- Gold Belt

to be fair, if you lose to Amanda Cooper you probably dont deserve to be in the UFC :D

Better Every Day likes this.
  17. Geniusss

Geniusss White Belt

That's great! They have to sign Kayla Harrison too.

That division with: Amanda Nunes, Cris Cyborg, Megan Anderson, Holly Holm, Cat Zingano, Germaine de Randamie and a few good ones more would be amazing.

UFC can make that division lit!

18. Zanmato

Zanmato Black Belt

They have had it going for a few years now and continue to sign new women regularly. They won't get rid of it because clearly it is financially viable... If it wasn't it would have already been gone. It buys about 25 minutes of TV time (walk in, fight, interview, analysis..) for probably about $60,000.00.