Why the UFC will never get rid of WMMA or put it on it’s own cards.

Just put them on the FB prelims so we can get them over with ASAP .

I can't wait until they have to deal with the transexual issue.

Agreed. It
I can't wait until they have to deal with the transexual issue.

Completely subjective opinion, but I agree. Other sports can tip toe around this issue for the next decade or so, but it's going to be a field day once proponents of the movement turn on each other.

Tell you why I love WMMA (And very often prefer it to the male side of the sport), is theres very little ducking, the girls all stay as active as they can and fight other contenders..

look at the strawweight division and the top girls over the last 2-3 years..,.

Rose - Fought Joanna twice, Karolina, Tecia, Michelle Waterson and now scheduled to fight Jess Andrade

Jess Andrade - fought Joanna, Claudia Gadelha, Karolina, Tecia, and scheduled to fight Rose

Karolina - Fought Joanna, Rose, Claudia, Jessica Andrade and scheduled to fight waterson

Claudia Gadelha - fought Joanna, Jessica Andrade, karolina, Carla Esparza

Joanna - fought Rose twice, Tecia, Jessica Andrade, Carolina, Claudia Gadelha and Valentina...

Compare that to say 155lb...

Khabib - won his belt against Iaquinta, fought Conor but wont fight Tony and has barely fought anyone in the top ten.

Tony - Fought Anthony Pettis and Kevin Lee but now seemingly doesnt want to fight anyone

Conor - Fought Nate who is barely top ten and Khabib

The mens divisions there is so much ducking going on, people dont want to fight each other, only want to fight certain people.

At least the girls just sign the bout agreements and get the fuck on with it.

Perfectly fine that you enjoy WMMA. I enjoy some of it as well, but I find most of the girls beyond the top 5 to be of a very low skill level. Majority of their fights tend to be a sparring match with a lot of air hitting. Most of is not fun to watch. Sure, there are bad men’s fights but women seem to be far consistent in bad fights. Just going through the cards that have happened this year, the worst fight on the card has been a women’s bout on almost every card. To each their own man, but I could do without most of it.

I just don’t understand why fight fans are the ones that need to accept watching both sexes in combat sports. I don’t see fans of the NBA being forced to watch WNBA or other sports like women’s football. Look if there was a girl like Ann Wolfe or Cyborg competing sign me the fuck up I will watch it. But that’s a special attraction only. Seriously I ain’t interested in All these others girls. I am sorry I just don’t give a shit about their fighting prowess. Anyway in 10 years time transgender representation in sports will come to full fruition and all female competing in sports will be dominated by male to female athletes anyway
Ever hear of a fast forward button? Use it.

I could agree with this. The top women are worth watching but once you get past maybe the top 5, the quality falls quite a bit. I agree with the slotting issue, if they’re going to keep it, they shouldn’t be forcing low level women into main cards, especially pay per views where you’re paying a lot of money and part of the product is much lower quality, just feels like a rip off.
Weili Zhang wasn't even top 10 until after her last fight, but I would have gladly watched her fight again.

Its like watching my 3yr old attack me.

Seriously I just get up and walk away from the TV, its not like I buy cards anymore anyways cause I wont pay for the fluff.

UFC is strategically inserting those female fights in between other good fights to draw viewers to them and its ridiculous when you jump skill levels like that.

A card should get better as it goes on, all the women should kick off cards instead to get them outta the way at least instead of putting a shitty ass fight on a high dollar PPV with only 4-5 fights on it.
I've see plenty of WMMA fights that are bore fests, but to be honest, I've seen more from the men. Maybe my expectations are higher for the men, but I enjoy watching a woman that can kick ass.

How can people compare WMMA to the WNBA or tennis?

The women in those sports are actually kinda good.

THey will not put WMMA on it´s own card because it would get 4 PPV buys

No joking, serious question: will they allow handicapped fights in the future?
KyleMaynardMMA.jpg

I've see plenty of WMMA fights that are bore fests, but to be honest, I've seen more from the men. Maybe my expectations are higher for the men, but I enjoy watching a woman that can kick ass.

The problem is you already have some men that are boring and dont bring a high-skill level, now you bring in WMMA where almost every fight goes to decision and the level of technique to my trained eyes watching is atrocious.

The problem is you already have some men that are boring and dont bring a high-skill level, now you bring in WMMA where almost every fight goes to decision and the level of technique to my trained eyes watching is atrocious.

Pretty much nailed it. Of course there are some terrible men’s fights and fighters. But the majority aren’t, unlike women’s fights. They routinely suck the life out of cards and are routinely the worst fight on the card. I honestly don’t think there would be a women’s fight even in my top 100 fights.

Tell you why I love WMMA (And very often prefer it to the male side of the sport), is theres very little ducking, the girls all stay as active as they can and fight other contenders..

Yeah I like that too, I love how balanced WMMA's elite level is, they create good storylines based on that.

Look at 135 division:

Rousey beat Zingano
Zingano beat Nunes
Nunes beat Rousey

Rousey beat Tate
Tate beat Holm
Holm beat Rousey

Nunes beat Shevchenko
Shevchenko beat Holm
And now I heard that they want to make Nunes vs Holm. It's interesting.

Look at 145 division:

Cyborg beat Holly
Holly beat Anderson
Anderson beat Zingano (the one that beat Nunes)
Nunes beat Cyborg

Now the have something interesting to do. They could make Nunes vs Anderson or Cyborg vs Anderson and then Cyborg vs Nunes rematch.

Those are interesting things that you can't see on some men's division, like Jon Jones's division.

Pretty much nailed it. Of course there are some terrible men’s fights and fighters. But the majority aren’t, unlike women’s fights. They routinely suck the life out of cards and are routinely the worst fight on the card. I honestly don’t think there would be a women’s fight even in my top 100 fights.

But you can't compare that yet, of course MMMA have way more level than WMMA.
The point is that WMMA is something new in UFC, we have to give them some time, it's just starting and they already are puting some good shows.

More recently titles fights on women's divisions:
Nunes vs Shevchenko
Cyborg vs Holm
Joanna vs Rose
Shevchenko vs Joanna
Cyborg vs Nunes

All those were amazing fights and the next one is going to be Rose vs Andrade, that is gonna be a good one for sure.

Now recently titles fights on men's divisions:
Cormier vs Lewis
Jones vs Gustafsson
Woodley vs Usman
Jones vs Smith
Next one: Adesanya vs Gastelum

BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I know many here are not in Women’s mma and it’s been suggested that they put it on it’s on cards so those that enjoy it can watch it and those that don’t, don’t have to. It seems like a good idea, but for the UFC it makes no sense.

The UFC originally brought in women because they saw star potential in Ronda Rousey. They were right. She was a big seller and she alone is responsible for women being in the UFC.

Fast forward to today, Rousey is gone and very unlikely to return. The UFC has already dug in with women and it would be an awful PR move to just get rid of it. You can imagine the shit storm.

So what do they do? They just use them to pad out cards. They know separating the product would be disasterous because it wouldn’t sell. So they just wedge them into fight night cards.

Tldr; Women are here to stay. They won’t seperate them because it wouldn’t sell and they won’t get rid of it because it would be PR nightmare. So they will continue to put them on nearly every card to fill out their busy schedule. Sorry sherdoggers, it looks like the boredom will continue for the foreseeable future.

EasygoingCleverBeardedcollie-size_restricted.gif

Jennifer-Maia-landed-a-FK-to-the-face-of-Roxanne-Modafferi-.gif
no need to feel sorry, interest for womens mma are growing at a faster pace then mens mma, for example: there's a reason Amazon requested more WMMA from the UFC recently, although UFC rightfully responded that the womens sport are still in its infancy and doesn't have the depth yet to fill out cards even more

But you can't compare that yet, of course MMMA have way more level than WMMA.
The point is that WMMA is something new in UFC, we have to give them some time, it's just starting and they already are puting some good shows.

More recently titles fights on women's divisions:
Nunes vs Shevchenko
Cyborg vs Holm
Joanna vs Rose
Shevchenko vs Joanna
Cyborg vs Nunes

All those were amazing fights and the next one is going to be Rose vs Andrade, that is gonna be a good one for sure.

Now recently titles fights on men's divisions:
Cormier vs Lewis
Jones vs Gustafsson
Woodley vs Usman
Jones vs Smith
Next one: Adesanya vs Gastelum

BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Very much disagree.

Nunes vs. Shevchenko was a slow, uneventful fight.

Cyborg vs. Holm was a decent fight, but I don’t remember many highlights.

Rose vs Joanna was pretty good, tactical fight but again not many highlights.

Shevchenko vs Joanna was a slow, uneventful fight.

Nunes vs Cyborg was a fun, wild barn burner.

And you left out several recent men’s title fights. Likely intentionally to drive your point.

Holloway vs. Ortega was an awesome fight.

Cejudo vs. Dillashaw was a quick and shocking fight.

Like I’ve said, some of the top women fighters are worth watching. But once you get out of the top women, you get a lot of amateur level fighters that are air punching and posing little danger with few finishes. That’s what I don’t like.

It’s perfectly fine you enjoy it. I just disagree that most of it is amazing. 90% of it isn’t UFC level and I don’t like watching it.

I’d disagree it isn’t often the worst fight.
FN Lewis vs. Dos Santos: Worst fight was Kunitskaya vs. Reneau
FN Blachowicz vs. Santos: Worst fight was Carmiuche vs. Pudilova
FN Ngannou vs. Velasquez: Worst fight was Lee vs Evans-Smith
That’s 3/4 most recent events where the Worst fight was a women’s fight.

Worth noting in assessment of possible bias in your claim: two of the fighters you are complaining about have earned UFC Fight Of The Night awards.
FOTN UFC Fight Night 129: Andrea Lee vs. Veronica Macedo
FOTN UFC 228: Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilova

This doesn’t change the fact that they had the worst fight on these cards.
I don't intend to go back and watch the full cards to see if there were worse fights on those cards, but your opinion (or mine) on the matter hardly qualifies as "fact".

Back