Why the UFC will never get rid of WMMA or put it on it’s own cards.

The only reason why they are holding on to WMMA without Ronda is to avoid bad press and do not piss LGBT... and feminist fans of the sport

The UFC doesn't care about optics or "sjw shit".

The women are on the cards because it is profitable for the UFC. They're adding NEW Womens divisions not removing them. Meanwhile, men's 125 is all but gone.

I believe you are firmly in the minority in that opinion, my friend. It’s pretty glaring the disparity in skills, but if you can’t see that, then you really should learn more about the sport. Dillashaw best Garbrandt twice who like Nunes, is a brawler. But he has much faster and tighter punches. Dillashaw also best Lineker who again is a brawler that is much quicker and tighter with his punches than Nunes. Cejudo beat Demetrious who is superior to Shevchenko in every facet and it’s not even close.
Lineker is not tighter with his punches than Nunes. I am not saying Nunes is tight with her punches, but John Lineker swings from the hips.

The UFC doesn't care about optics or "sjw shit".

The women are on the cards because it is profitable for the UFC. They're adding NEW Womens divisions not removing them. Meanwhile, men's 125 is all but gone.

So profitable the UFC doesn’t even trust them to main event pay per views or hardly any events? Since Rousey only Cyborg and Nunes have headlined a pay per view. Cyborg is a decent (but not amazing) draw but Nunes isn’t and has only headlined when another headliner was dropped. They’re not keeping them around because they’re big sellers.

Last edited:
So profitable the UFC doesn’t even trust them to main event pay per views or hardly any events? Since Rousey only Cyborg and Nunes have headlined a pay per view. Cyborg is a decent (but not amazing) draw but Nunes isn’t and has only headlined when another headliner was dropped. They’re not keeping them around because they’re big sellers.

Cyborg v Holm outsells Silva, Khabib, Aldo....

upload_2019-3-14_17-49-39.png
wasnt even a great card
upload_2019-3-14_17-59-31.png

or how about this, Holly v de Randamie for a totally made up belt, with again, a not very good supporting card

upload_2019-3-14_18-0-4.png
upload_2019-3-14_18-1-2.png

Yet it does better than Aldo, Silva, Holloway, Romero, Woodley, Dillashaw, Johnson, Werdum.. 8 champions or former champions, and GDR v Holm sells better.....

The one who isnt a draw is Nunes, shes doing Demetrious Johnson numbers, the public just havnt taken to her at all.

But you put Holly Holm headlining a card and she consistently sells more than most of the male headliners..

In fact, the only ones consistently putting out better numbers than Holly are Conor and Jon Jones

Dont know why you said only Cyborg and Nunes have headlined ppv's when Holly has.. maybe because her numbers didnt suit your argument.

PS.

Second most watched card on Fox ever that wasnt a title fight

upload_2019-3-14_18-4-3.png

Holm v Shevchenko, most watched UFC card on Fox in 18 months

It was also the most watched July show EVER

upload_2019-3-14_18-5-2.png

Oh, and Amazon even asked the UFC to put more female fights on ppv's

upload_2019-3-14_18-10-5.png

Yes!

Cris Cyborg and Holly Holm are good, they are good draw.

They need to promote more Valentina Shevchenko, she is a really amazing fighter, beautiful, intelligent, she speaks 3 languages very well, I mean she's very markeatble.

I really enjoy watching her fighting, she's a true mixed martial artist:

Cyborg v Holm outsells Silva, Khabib, Aldo....

View attachment 544821
wasnt even a great card
View attachment 544825

or how about this, Holly v de Randamie for a totally made up belt, with again, a not very good supporting card

View attachment 544827
View attachment 544829

Yet it does better than Aldo, Silva, Holloway, Romero, Woodley, Dillashaw, Johnson, Werdum.. 8 champions or former champions, and GDR v Holm sells better.....

The one who isnt a draw is Nunes, shes doing Demetrious Johnson numbers, the public just havnt taken to her at all.

But you put Holly Holm headlining a card and she consistently sells more than most of the male headliners..

In fact, the only ones consistently putting out better numbers than Holly are Conor and Jon Jones

Dont know why you said only Cyborg and Nunes have headlined ppv's when Holly has.. maybe because her numbers didnt suit your argument.

Since it’s inception, Women have headlined 17 cards outside of Ronda Rousey, whom we know was a seller.

6 PPV.

Nunes vs Shevchenko II - Intended to be headlined by Demetrious Johnson. Only 100k buys.

Cyborg vs Kunitskaya - Intended to be headlined by Holloway vs. Edgar. 260k buys which isn’t bad.

Nunes vs Pennington - Only did 85k buy rate.

Cyborg vs. Holm - Supported by rising star Khabib Nurmagomedov (who sold just as well his next fight). 380k buys which is pretty good.

Holm vs. De Randamie - Had a much anticipated return of Anderson Silva on the card, still only did 200k buys which is decent.

Nunes vs Tate - Originally supposed to be headlined by Cormier/Jones, landmark UFC event with an absolutely stacked card. Main event not the factor in it selling.

So of the 6, UFC only intended women to headline 3 of them. Cyborg is the biggest draw drawing a 280k with support of Khabib who boosted sales as evidenced by outselling her his next event.

This doesn’t show me women are that profitable and doesn’t show the UFC thinks so either with their reluctance to have them main event.

Outside of pay per views, they headlined

5 Fight Pass Cards

3 Big Fox Cards

3 TUF Finale Cards

The big fox cards show some confidence in them to sell, I’ll agree to that. But fight pass and TUF cards are their lowest tier cards, again doesn’t show they have much confidence in them to be big sellers.

In conclusion, it doesn’t seem UFC has confidence the women are big sellers, hence why they don’t often headline. Cyborg is the biggest they have, and she never broke 300k buys. The best she could do was when she were supported by Khabib, who sold on par with their best in his next fight, showing he was likely was just as big a draw on the card. UFC isn’t keeping women around because they are big money makers.

Last edited:
I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest that the UFC tries to avoid media shitstorms. In fact, sometimes it seems like they actively pursue them.

Every other aspect of the UFC is done with an eye towards what will make the most money. Why would WMMA be any different?

On UFC events, there are typically 1 or 2 WMMA bouts out of 12-13 total. That's fine. Yeah, they are often crap, but some of the men's bouts are always crap too.
Go ahead and flame me for saying this, but I often find the WMMA crappiness entertaining exactly because it is so crap.

6 PPV.
Nunes vs Shevchenko II - Intended to be headlined by Demetrious Johnson. Only 100k buys.
Cyborg vs Kunitskaya - Intended to be headlined by Holloway vs. Edgar. 260k buys which isn’t bad.
Nunes vs Pennington - Only did 85k buy rate.
Cyborg vs. Holm - Supported by rising star Khabib Nurmagomedov (who sold just as well his next fight). 380k buys which is pretty good.
Holm vs. De Randamie - Had a much anticipated return of Anderson Silva on the card, still only did 200k buys which is decent.
Nunes vs Tate - Originally supposed to be headlined by Cormier/Jones, landmark UFC event with an absolutely stacked card. Main event not the factor in it selling..

So four sold really well, and two (both involving Nunes didnt)

So you have basically supported my argument against yourself.

thank you

and lol, Rising Star Khabib.. .

Cyborg vs. Holm - Supported by rising star Khabib Nurmagomedov (who outsold her in his next fight). 280k buys which is decent.

So of the 6, UFC only intended women to headline 3 of them. Cyborg is the biggest draw drawing a 280k with support of Khabib who boosted sales as evidenced by outselling her his next event.

You are wrong, look at the other post.

Cyborg vs Holm = 380k buys

Khabib never outsold her lol

Cyborg is the biggest they have, and she never broke 300k buys. .

except in your own fucking numbers you state that Cyborg v Holm did 380k

You seriously saying that the only reason that ppv did 380k was because Khabib was on it..

lol.. no...

Holly has consistently delivered good numbers. #

you literally say Cyborg never did over 300k buys and then state in the same post that she did 380k v Holm..

ps. Khabib v Iaquinta only did 350k and a huge amount of that was because of McGregor throwing dolly's through the bus window.. people bought it in the hope McGregor would invade the arena..

And even with Conor's help Khabib still does worse than WMMA

So four sold really well, and two (both involving Nunes didnt)

So you have basically supported my argument against yourself.

thank you

and lol, Rising Star Khabib.. .

How does this support your argument at all?

Nunes vs. Tate was clearly not sold because of the main event. Lesnar, Cormier, and Silva were all biggest reasons for the card to sell and it was a landmark event that was stacked.

Cyborg vs. Holm - Did pretty well, but Khabib definitely helped, he sold 350k his next fight.

Cyborg vs Kunitskaya did 260k buys that has been outdid or matched by every single current male champion that has headlined a pay per view.

Holm vs. Randamie did 200k buys which has been outsold by every single current male champion.

The women aren’t huge sellers, best you can argue is Cyborg is on par with the lowest selling men’s champions. And the UFC rarely intends for them to headline a pay per view, only have had that be the original plan 2 times.

Last edited:
You are wrong, look at the other post.

Cyborg vs Holm = 380k buys

Khabib never outsold her lol

I corrected this as I realized the error. Still, the best the women have done was one card supported by Khabib who sold 350k himself his next fight out. All other women headlined pay per views have been outsold or matched by every single current men’s champion that has headlined a pay per view.

I think it's worth noting that Dana White campaigned for Donald Trump and spoke at the Republican National Convention.

So, the UFC definitely does not have a liberal political agenda.

I think it's worth noting that Dana White campaigned for Donald Trump and spoke at the Republican National Convention.

So, the UFC definitely does not have a liberal political agenda.

WME does though.

It's filler. Filler that has a small but proven chance of turning into draws. Rousey is the obvious example, but fighters like Holm, Nunes, Cybro, and PVZ all have drawing power beyond the average male mma modern warrior TM. It's also cheap. They pay these fighters on average like 50% the average male fighter maybe less (because they are not good).

Back